Proposal: Muzzin to the Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
So Muzzin is a very good #2 two-way dman on a good contract, signed for one more year.

I assume a deal for him costs a 1st and a 2nd, plus a prospect/young player.

So let's assume that we start with the 1st and 2nd, and then decide what kind of young piece the kings would be looking at here - both how good a young piece muzzin gets back, and what kind of young piece the kings most want/need.

Potential Young Pieces:

W Kapanen
W Brown
W Johnsson
W Grundstrom
C Gauthier
W Bracco

D Dermott
D Liljegren
D Sandin
D Rosen
D Borgman
D Durzi
D Rasanen

G Sparks
G Scott
G Woll

what kind of piece would it take?

Reactions: LAKings88

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
I don't know whether the kings would prefer late picks or nhl ready prospects/ players. Guys like Kapanen and Liljegren would obviously be of the most interest, but I don't think most leaf fans want to give those guys up, especially attached to high picks.

Reactions: Nizdizzle

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
So Muzzin is a very good #2 two-way dman on a good contract, signed for one more year.

So let's assume that we start with the 1st and 2nd, and then decide what kind of young piece the kings would be looking at here - both how good a young piece muzzin gets back, and what kind of young piece the kings most want/need.

Potential Young Pieces:

W Kapanen
W Brown
W Johnsson
W Grundstrom
C Gauthier
W Bracco

D Dermott
D Liljegren
D Sandin

D Rosen
D Borgman
D Durzi
D Rasanen

G Sparks
G Scott
G Woll

I doubt the Leafs trade the bolded pieces for Muzzin. They need those guys because they'll be cheap. Muzzin has a year after this one. Maybe a deal like Brown + 1st + Borgman. But thats the best I can see them do. Muzzin isn't exactly a guy you open the vaults of assets for.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I doubt the Leafs trade the bolded pieces for Muzzin. They need those guys because they'll be cheap. Muzzin has a year after this one. Maybe a deal like Brown + 1st + Borgman. But thats the best I can see them do. Muzzin isn't exactly a guy you open the vaults of assets for.

I wonder if Grundstrom might hit that sweet spot, actually.

He's a very nice prospect, even plays the kings style, but isn't so good a prospect that he's untradeable for an impact 2nd tier player like muzzin.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
So you want to offer a lot of nothing for a good D-man. Not happening.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
So you want to offer a lot of nothing for a good D-man. Not happening.

Didn't say it was fair, just saying thats the best they get. Thats a third liner + bottom pair dman + 1st. Thats not all that bad for Muzzin. McDonagh + Miller got a 1st + 2nd + Manestnikov, Howden and Hajek and McDonagh is way better than Muzzin. I don't see how my proposal was all that bad. You're going to be disappointed if you're expecting a Liljegren/Kapanen type guy for him.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
That would easily be beat. Habs in another thread are talking
Mete/Fleury,2019 1st [top 10 protected and Lehkonen.
That easily beats your Leafs offer.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
That would easily be beat. Habs in another thread are talking
Mete/Fleury,2019 1st [top 10 protected and Lehkonen.
That easily beats your Leafs offer.

Okay then good for them. Im just saying from the Leafs they aren't going to pay up the bolded players for Muzzin. The Habs are full of average to mediocre players so its not like losing one or two would make a difference.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Didn't say it was fair, just saying thats the best they get. Thats a third liner + bottom pair dman + 1st. Thats not all that bad for Muzzin. McDonagh + Miller got a 1st + 2nd + Manestnikov, Howden and Hajek and McDonagh is way better than Muzzin. I don't see how my proposal was all that bad. You're going to be disappointed if you're expecting a Liljegren/Kapanen type guy for him.

That's all he gonna get but than claim that Mete/Fleury,2019 1st [top 10 protected and Lehkonen wouldn't come close to getting Muzzin.
Lets see
Mete/Fleury,2019 1st [top 10 protected and Lehkonen easily > Brown + 1st + Borgman.
Mete > Borgman
Lehkonen > Brown
Habs 1st [top 10 protected >> Leafs 1st.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Okay then good for them. Im just saying from the Leafs they aren't going to pay up the bolded players for Muzzin. The Habs are full of average to mediocre players so its not like losing one or two would make a difference.
That team of mediocre players are only 3 points behind the great unbeatable Leafs.

Reactions: Frolov 6'3

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
Muzzin's fine but not what we need. Of course we need good d in general, but right handed, and defensively stout defender in particular. We already have Rielly, Dermott, Rosen on the left side and only Zaitsev and Oz on the right after this year.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto

Potential Young Pieces:

W Kapanen
W Brown
W Johnsson
W Grundstrom

C Gauthier
W Bracco

D Dermott
D Liljegren
D Sandin

D Rosen
D Borgman
D Durzi
D Rasanen

G Sparks
G Scott
G Woll

Wouldn't trade any of the bolded for Muzzin

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
I don’t think it’s an issue of a team saying- “nope, these young pieces are integral and not moving anywhere”

That’s fine. But then why ask for an asset that it would take some of those specific pieces to acquire?

Ask for buys in relation to leval you’ll be willing to spend too

This isn’t directly aimed at leaf fans. This is the identity of the HFBoards mindset.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Muzzin is a great players but adding a 31 year old for this season and next is not a good idea IMO.

Last edited:

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Kapanen and Liljegren aren't available in a deal for Muzzin.

And obviously Dermott too
I know this stuff belongs on the Nylander thread, but, logically, he’s really the only other applicable piece if TOR doesn’t want to sell some of its good prospects. Nothing else on that list would even be a good base.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I know this stuff belongs on the Nylander thread, but, logically, he’s really the only other applicable piece if TOR doesn’t want to sell some of its good prospects. Nothing else on that list would even be a good base.
Muzzin isn't the D to target with Nylander.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad