Proposal: Muzzin to the Jets after the expansion draft.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
That would never be considered robbery. It could very well be the D man the Jets need and they youngsters the Kings need. I think Muzzin will continue being very good for the next 6 or so years. I just don't think the Jets are strong enough at center to pull off that trade unless Roslovic is ready and I'm not sure he is.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
That would never be considered robbery. It could very well be the D man the Jets need and they youngsters the Kings need. I think Muzzin will continue being very good for the next 6 or so years. I just don't think the Jets are strong enough at center to pull off that trade unless Roslovic is ready and I'm not sure he is.

Yeah and I don't think Lowry is the type of player the Kings need right now, fine player absolutely but LA needs more scoring than anything

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
I disagree he plays with grit and something kings need more of. Again look at the kings calgary game Clifford and Iginla only ones to step up.

Not really, already have Clifford, Nolan, and Iginla can be resigned for cheap. If the Kings are going to trade Muzzin it need to be for someone who can score, not for more bottom six players on a team already full of third and fourth liners.

The Kings have tried to play a heavy/gritty game and it has gotten them no where the last three years. The league is now about speed and skill, something LA desperately lacks.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Not really, already have Clifford, Nolan, and Iginla can be resigned for cheap. If the Kings are going to trade Muzzin it need to be for someone who can score, not for more bottom six players on a team already full of third and fourth liners.

The Kings have tried to play a heavy/gritty game and it has gotten them no where the last three years. The league is now about speed and skill, something LA desperately lacks.

I actually think Lowry could be a 2nd line player. You know he only makes 1.1 million for next 2 years right ? Iginla isn't resigning cheaper then that. Nolan is a good 13th forward but until he can stay in the lineup i would not count on him at all for anything. I seem to recall a article by rosen that mangement (new) was disappointed but the lack of response in that game with Calgary I say they will get someone with grit for the top 6

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
I actually think Lowry could be a 2nd line player. You know he only makes 1.1 million for next 2 years right ? Iginla isn't resigning cheaper then that. Nolan is a good 13th forward but until he can stay in the lineup i would not count on him at all for anything. I seem to recall a article by rosen that mangement (new) was disappointed but the lack of response in that game with Calgary I say they will get someone with grit for the top 6

Where does Lowry fit in the top six? Between Kopitar, Carter, Toffoli, Pearson, Brodzinski, Gaborik, Kempe, etc there is no room for someone who produces at Lowry's pace. He had 29 points in 82 games last year, that is not top-6 level production.

"Grit" isn't what lost the Kings games last year, lack of consistent goal scoring outside of two players is what cost them. If they are going to trade a player of Muzzin's caliber on his contract even after his bad season, then it needs to be for someone who will fill an actual need and make a difference on the score sheet.

There are other ways to add physical play to the team, you don't trade your second best defenseman on an already young defense for "grit" especially when the team badly needs another offensive difference maker.

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa
For me yes that's a good starting point. I feel there would need to be another good piece added or maybe something besides the 1st as this draft is a bad one. If I was moving Muzzen to Toronto I would want it to be for Kapanen ++ and the trade would need to take place before the expansion draft.

This draft is only weak in the top 3 picks, after that it's business as usual

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Where does Lowry fit in the top six? Between Kopitar, Carter, Toffoli, Pearson, Brodzinski, Gaborik, Kempe, etc there is no room for someone who produces at Lowry's pace. He had 29 points in 82 games last year, that is not top-6 level production.

"Grit" isn't what lost the Kings games last year, lack of consistent goal scoring outside of two players is what cost them. If they are going to trade a player of Muzzin's caliber on his contract even after his bad season, then it needs to be for someone who will fill an actual need and make a difference on the score sheet.

There are other ways to add physical play to the team, you don't trade your second best defenseman on an already young defense for "grit" especially when the team badly needs another offensive difference maker.

gaborik is starting the season ltir I would put the lines like this

Pearson Kopitar brodinzinski/brown
Lowry carter toffoli
kempe dano brown/brodinszinski
clifford Lewis nolan/andreoff

the trade is going to open space to sign toffoli and Pearson It would also get us another 1st rd pick we need the prospects

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
I could've sworn this thread said muzzin to the jets. I guess the leafs should be the center of every conversation...

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
gaborik is starting the season ltir I would put the lines like this

Pearson Kopitar brodinzinski/brown
Lowry carter toffoli
kempe dano brown/brodinszinski
clifford Lewis nolan/andreoff

the trade is going to open space to sign toffoli and Pearson It would also get us another 1st rd pick we need the prospects

The Jets aren't going to give up all three of those pieces just for Muzzin. So that begs the question how does trading Muzzin for Lowry/Dano get the Kings any closer to getting back into the playoffs? We would be giving up the 2nd best defenseman on the team for another bottom six player. It would be a total lateral move that doesn't really fill a need, if anything it will just open up another hole on the blue line

Lowry had 30 points on a high octane offensive team, do you really think his production would increase in the Kings system?

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
I could've sworn this thread said muzzin to the jets. I guess the leafs should be the center of every conversation...

to defend the leaf fan Not every thread stays on the same teams only same player If a new thread was to be opened on a player going to every team there would be to many thread open on one player

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan

WOW, you seriously want to trade our second best defenseman for a guy that is a 20-30 point per season player? The Kings need scoring in a desperate way and there is no way they are unloading Muzzin unless they are getting a legit 20-30 goal scorer (50-60 point) player in return. If there is no such deal to be made, we should just keep Muzzin and play with the team we have. There is no way we are downgrading our defense for absolutely no upgrade in offensive with Lowry.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
The Jets aren't going to give up all three of those pieces just for Muzzin. So that begs the question how does trading Muzzin for Lowry/Dano get the Kings any closer to getting back into the playoffs? We would be giving up the 2nd best defenseman on the team for another bottom six player. It would be a total lateral move that doesn't really fill a need, if anything it will just open up another hole on the blue line

Lowry had 30 points on a high octane offensive team, do you really think his production would increase in the Kings system?

If you read the thread jet fans will do the trade If your talking real gms You are in the wrong forum as this is the hockey trade forum not one of anything discussed will happen shocking i know.

Now as far as getting back to the playoff i think bounce back year from the kings is very possible with just doing the coach change and Stevens idea of going to the middle of the ice more with more net front presense. Lowry and Dano help in the speed and grit area this team needs to replace. We started losing when player like stoll mitchell richards greene all stop playing regular

Now as far as fix anything yes it does it gives us better players in 3 c (dano is better then dowd) and 2 lw ( most of last year was King and gaborik who cant play a full season) Also it gives us more cap room to resign Pearson Toffoli gravel etc.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
WOW, you seriously want to trade our second best defenseman for a guy that is a 20-30 point per season player? The Kings need scoring in a desperate way and there is no way they are unloading Muzzin unless they are getting a legit 20-30 goal scorer (50-60 point) player in return. If there is no such deal to be made, we should just keep Muzzin and play with the team we have. There is no way we are downgrading our defense for absolutely no upgrade in offensive with Lowry.

NO i don;t read the whole thread before spouting off please. The whole trade is dano (who many king fans have said they wanted) Lowry a piece that plays a gritty game something management says we need more of . A goalie prospect which we have very few of in the pipeline Jamie Phillips a first round pick and something more important then the players we get 2 million ish in cap space to resign Toffoli and Pearson and other players Also getting rid of shore who does nothing in our bottom six

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
If you read the thread jet fans will do the trade If your talking real gms You are in the wrong forum as this is the hockey trade forum not one of anything discussed will happen shocking i know.

Now as far as getting back to the playoff i think bounce back year from the kings is very possible with just doing the coach change and Stevens idea of going to the middle of the ice more with more net front presense. Lowry and Dano help in the speed and grit area this team needs to replace. We started losing when player like stoll mitchell richards greene all stop playing regular

Now as far as fix anything yes it does it gives us better players in 3 c (dano is better then dowd) and 2 lw ( most of last year was King and gaborik who cant play a full season) Also it gives us more cap room to resign Pearson Toffoli gravel etc.

So your willing to take a major downgrade on defense for a minimally better 3C? I still have no idea how you can say Lowry or Dano would be legit top-6 players. Again Lowry had 30 points on an offensive team, while Dano has all of 17 career goals in over 100 games.

And yes, I've been on this site for six years I think I understand how the trade board works now. Still doesn't fix the multiple issues with your proposal

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
So your willing to take a major downgrade on defense for a minimally better 3C? I still have no idea how you can say Lowry or Dano would be legit top-6 players. Again Lowry had 30 points on an offensive team, while Dano has all of 17 career goals in over 100 games.

And yes, I've been on this site for six years I think I understand how the trade board works now. Still doesn't fix the multiple issues with your proposal

Lowry playing top 6 is only till gaborik gets back. I am not banking on brodzinski or kempe to have any better of a season the lowry who is 6 5 and plays with the grit was need. Danno has more skill for the bottom 6 then shore or dowd will ever have imo I get its not ideal however the first round pick and extra cap space is something your forgetting Ryan Poehling, Michael Rasmussen, Klim Kostin are rumoured to be around that pick Its a deal to add skill in the bottom 6 and resign players we need to get signed.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015

If Lowry is on your 2nd line, you don't have a very good team. I would like to see him center Copp and someone else on our 4th but Maurice likes him at 3rd. Dano would make the 2nd line long before Lowry if you ask me. Likes to get his nose dirty and can rack up points if given a chance. He wasn't given a chance here because he wasn't going to push Wheeler, Laine, Perreault or Ehlers off of the top 6. Maurice loved Lowry between Matthias and Armia on the 3rd line.
He needs to clear waivers next season and I don't see him starting with the club after TC. Actually, we could very well lose Dano in the XD.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad