Proposal: Muzzin to the Jets after the expansion draft.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
No kadri does thou :P:P:sarcasm: I would want more then just that actually Muzzin is signed for 4 years Also want someone a little more proven as well

Your choice of

JVR or Kapanen
1st round pick
Valiev
Leivo (sleeper candidate for 20 goals if you play him in the top 9)

for Muzzin

Another contract you want to dump (not Gaborik or Brown)...Clifford?

Up to you.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Kapanen Brown and 1st for muzzin

Really like Brown, would almost rather try to do JVR, Kapanen, 1st for Muzzin and a small plus.

Although JVR only works if you guys are trying to stay competitive then retool I suppose.

I'm stumped at the counter proposal lol.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Really like Brown, would almost rather try to do JVR, Kapanen, 1st for Muzzin and a small plus.

Although JVR only works if you guys are trying to stay competitive then retool I suppose.

jvr will make to much on his next contract to make any sense in a deal to la. Kings need skilled forwards cheap coming back to resign everyone. I would consider adding shore or andreoff to the deal if it helps

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
jvr will make to much on his next contract to make any sense in a deal to la. Kings need skilled forwards cheap coming back to resign everyone. I would consider adding shore or andreoff to the deal if it helps

Nah that's okay, realistically we have the bodies to handle it.

JVR-Matthews-Nylander
Rychel-Bozak-Marner
Komarov-Kadri-Leivo
Martin-Boyle-Hyman
Soshnikov-Fehr

Muzzin-Rielly
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Dermott-Carrick

That's the line up as I see it if the deal went down. I'd still consider offering around

JVR/Bozak/Gardiner/Carrick/Soshnikov in an effort to get a really good option on the right side for us.

Luckily this deal hasn't been offered in real life because it did kind of tear at me lol.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
Brown kopitar Brown
Pearson carter toffoli
Kempe dowd brodzinski
clifford lewis nolan

Doughty Forbort
Martinez Ladue
gravel Fantenberg

Quick
Campbell
to start the season

that is horrible. LaDue looks great but 2nd pairing with a weak defensive defensman. I am one of Gravels biggest supporters but he needs a proven solid partners he is still basically a rookie and unproven.

The first line makes me want to puke. I followed both Browns all year as they were both in two of my keeper leagues. Neither is a top pairing winger at this point. I do however like your second and third lines.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
that is horrible. LaDue looks great but 2nd pairing with a weak defensive defensman. I am one of Gravels biggest supporters but he needs a proven solid partners he is still basically a rookie and unproven.

The first line makes me want to puke. I followed both Browns all year as they were both in two of my keeper leagues. Neither is a top pairing winger at this point. I do however like your second and third lines.

We would need a bounce back season from martinez. He is a lot better then last years disaster and i think would make a good 2nd pairing defense with LaDue. There is also the possibility that Flatenberg who was a khl all star is better then a 3rd pairing. I think he will surprise us and fit better then muzzin did.

As i said for the start of the year Kapenan would come up in jan ish take dustin spot if he could earn it. I also expect a decent comeback from Dustin He was fueding with sutter for the last few season that has taken a toll on him. Perhaps both browns drop to 3rd line and have Kempe and Brodzinski play with Kopitar. The main reason of this trade is to restock ontario with 2 first round pick plus We might actually have some talent in the pipeline. With that young top line type talent we might be able to resign drew which if we lose him we are in for a long dark days again imo

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA

JVR does nothing for us as he would be gone after one season cause we could not afford his ask. Would have to be Brown. As much as you hate to move him we hate to move Muzzin but both side have to give to get. You have the guns up from by to be able to afford that package then your top four would look a hole lot better

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
id pass as a king fan I prefer someone already proven nhl like dano and Lowry and 13th

I'd probably do that. We have enough guys to fill those two guys' spots. I've never been a huge fan of Lowry. He had a good rookie year but hasn't been too impressive since.

Muzzin + a goalie + healthy Myers and Jets look damn good.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
That's a pretty steep price....if Muzzin didn't have the season he did, maybe....but that season concerns me. Can he bounce back? Maybe....but it's risky.

As much as i hate to type this not many kings had good seasons to be honest. There is rumors of management on different pages. Both Luc and Blake not seeing things the way dean sees them. Dean throwing Sutter under the bus. Sutter fighting with players. Payers tuning sutter out. I think getting him out of that bs will allow him to concentrate on hockey not the locker room stuff . Personally i am expecting a bounce back season for a lot of kings (to the point i may play some fantasy hockey again) When we got him away from martinez he was a ton better The two of them together were bad

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
After the expansion draft, Muzzin is no longer for trade except for overpayment. The whole point of trading Muzzin or Martinez is to prevent the Kings from losing a NHL defenseman in that draft.

The point is re-stocking and bolstering the forward corps. That will always be a good reason to trade an overrated defenseman. The expansion draft just gives extra purpose to doing it now.

I just don't think LA wants to trade Muzzin. Over the past few months a few within the organization mention how good they think Muzzin is and that he had an off year. I think they like his physicality. It would have to be an impact player coming back.

It makes you wonder what they think physicality is. Muzzin occasionally delivers a check (not unlike most defenders), but is hardly physical. He does often haul players down, but those are interference penalties or should-be-interference penalties because he's slow and gets caught out of position.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Kapanen Brown and 1st for muzzin

I like Muzzin but that's too much coming off the year he just had + he fits zero holes with us being a LHD. We already have Rielly, Gardiner, Rosen, Dermott, Nielsen in our organization on the LHD. It's at RHD where we could sincerely use the help. Not to mention Brown and Kapanen and that 1sts are young, core, cost-controlled pieces of our rebuild moving forward + this trade does nothing for us in terms of the expansion draft. All those players are already exempt.

We would better utilize those assets towards getting a legitimate RHD (even at a later point when Kapanen's stock will inevitably shoot up) or keeping those assets, continue retooling the prospect pool, and/or internally develop defenseman within our system. There are good RHD prospects in this draft and at our pick. I don't think this young core or team is at any sense of urgency right now. Lou and Co have only reaffirmed they are staying the "big picture", no shortcut approach long term.

I'm actually surprised you value that Dano, Lowry, 1st package so much but that's just me.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
I like Muzzin but that's too much coming off the year he just had + he fits zero holes with us being a LHD. We already have Rielly, Gardiner, Rosen, Dermott, Nielsen in our organization on the LHD. It's at RHD where we could sincerely use the help. Not to mention Brown and Kapanen and that 1sts are young, core, cost-controlled pieces of our rebuild moving forward + this trade does nothing for us in terms of the expansion draft. All those players are already exempt.

We would better utilize those assets towards getting a legitimate RHD (even at a later point when Kapanen's stock will inevitably shoot up) or keeping those assets, continue retooling the prospect pool, and/or internally develop defenseman within our system. There are good RHD prospects in this draft and at our pick. I don't think this young core or team is at any sense of urgency right now. Lou and Co have only reaffirmed they are staying the "big picture", no shortcut approach long term.

I'm actually surprised you value that Dano, Lowry, 1st package so much but that's just me.

I was responding to a leaf fan i respect. Its not my place to debate him on why he wants Muzzin I only deal with the fact he does. Imo Muzzin is a lot better then any defense man the leafs have. As i said before and say again the whole lakings were a mess last year from top to bottom. Muzzin 's main problem was being pair with Martinez and vice versa They for whatever reason didn't click last year. However i firmly believe he will bounce back this season. The only reason i am willing to trade him is he holds more value then Martinez and we need the young forwards on the cheap.
Now on to the jets proposal Its not the ideal but there are several King fan that think highly of dano Also i love lowrys size and if the kings are going to be playing more of a middle of the ice game i think his size will add alot to it. I still prefer the dallas deal to the jets (3oa turfte and Desrosiers) I however would be fine with the jet deal as well Hell I also like the new deal with the leafs Its all talk right now and thats what this place is for

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
That's a pretty steep price....if Muzzin didn't have the season he did, maybe....but that season concerns me. Can he bounce back? Maybe....but it's risky.

Yeah that's a lot for Muzzin, I still think the Kings and Leafs should explore something around Kapanen for Muzzin.

From the Jets POV, the Kings need younger scoring wingers, but tbh I haven't kept up with the Jets prospect pool so not sure what a starting point would be

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
Just for fun Dano, 13th , Adam Lowry and Jamie Phillips for Muzzin and Shore

I think theres a very big possibility that Dano or Lowry will no longer be Jets either prior to or after the expansion lottery. Id have a hard time saying yes to this and I think things will change dramatically for a few teams. As much as I don't want to trade Lowry (personally don't think he's available, the org seems to love this kid) I'd say yes, but not feel good about it.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
I think theres a very big possibility that Dano or Lowry will no longer be Jets either prior to or after the expansion lottery. Id have a hard time saying yes to this and I think things will change dramatically for a few teams. As much as I don't want to trade Lowry (personally don't think he's available, the org seems to love this kid) I'd say yes, but not feel good about it.

Which to me means its a fair deal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad