Value of: Muzzin to MTL

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
This seems backwards, but is there even a way to ask LA fans (and other fans can certainly chime in) what it would take to get Muzzin to MTL?

Off the table:
Danault
Gallagher
Drouin
Domi
Kotkaniemi
Weber
Petry
Price

Otherwise, there would be no point. There's still plenty on the table I'd be weary about giving up. What's a realistic deal that could bring Muzzin to MTL?

Edit: The idea being that LA would trade Muzzin for futures. I'd listen on Tatar and Poehling but it's highly unlikely. Every Habs fan would say the same.
No thanks,your list of off the table kills any deal.

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
We shouldn't be giving up key pieces for the future to win now. We've made that mistake too many times before. I wouldn't want us to trade guys like Brook, Suzuki and Poehling for Muzzin who's turning 30 in a couple months.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
muzzin is nice, but habs shouldnt be giving up ANY pieces right now. the retool seems to be happening far more quickly, but i wouldn't move any of poehling, suzuki, brook etc for a 30 y.o d-man. if the team is a legit contender within 2 years, you then make a move for an elite d-man. right now, stay the course and draft a high-end Dman as the C problem seems to be resolved going forward

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
This seems backwards, but is there even a way to ask LA fans (and other fans can certainly chime in) what it would take to get Muzzin to MTL?

Off the table:
Danault
Gallagher
Drouin
Domi
Kotkaniemi
Weber
Petry
Price

Otherwise, there would be no point. There's still plenty on the table I'd be weary about giving up. What's a realistic deal that could bring Muzzin to MTL?

Edit: The idea being that LA would trade Muzzin for futures. I'd listen on Tatar and Poehling but it's highly unlikely. Every Habs fan would say the same.

so not much on the table... even Poehling is unlikely lol

i guess.. Max Friberg and a 2030 7th rd pick? is that ok if we took those two Sire?

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
LA isn't rebuilding yet, if Muzzin goes it would be in a trade that they feel would make them better now. They don't exactly have a ton of top level depth on d so they likely would need something to come back. Petry for Muzzin+. Doesn't make sense for both teams imo

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
LA isn't rebuilding yet, if Muzzin goes it would be in a trade that they feel would make them better now. They don't exactly have a ton of top level depth on d so they likely would need something to come back. Petry for Muzzin+. Doesn't make sense for both teams imo

Good post. Thanks!

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
I mean if LA wants to get younger, pieces like Juulsen, Mete, Suzuki, Brook, Lehkonen and picks are likely all pieces that'd be wanted. Not saying they should be traded from a MTL POV or wanted from an LA POV, but they're pieces that'd at least be valuable in a package needed for a player of Muzzin's worth.

Zal

Jan 12, 2009
Good post. Thanks!

LA will start trading assets at the deadline if they continue to decline. Muzzin is a likely candidiate. Ownership won’t pay millions of dollars for a last place team. It’s a business. It would be different if their core was younger. At any rate, as i mentioned before, Muz will likely return a first and a B-grade prospect at the deadline.

Reactions: Aldo Montoya

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
so not much on the table... even Poehling is unlikely lol

i guess.. Max Friberg and a 2030 7th rd pick? is that ok if we took those two Sire?
Only if you retain at least 30 % on Muzzin. Then and only then the Habs might be interested in your proposal.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
waiting for the kadri + two 3rds guy to show up

or did i already put him on ignore...?

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
if the habs are looking for a top 4 d...how is danault untouchable?
he is a 40pt 3rd line C

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
if the habs are looking for a top 4 d...how is danault untouchable?
he is a 40pt 3rd line C

Classic value to the team vs value to the league.

Denault is Montreal's default centre. He's who they match up against the Crosby s, McDavids, and Matthews. He's who they send out to win defensive zone faceoffs and to kill penalties. He's got good chemistry with Montreal's top line (oddly, seems everyone produces better with him) and controls possession on every play.

Without Denault, Montreal is in a worse position than they are now without a LD. I think Muzzin is a better player but Montreal would be worse if there was somehow a swap that saw Muzzin a hab but Denault not on the roster.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
MTL 1st + Juulsen/Fleury

If Montreal is in a playoff position come TDL, I'd consider a first and Fleury. Value wise seems right. I wouldn't want it because Age, contract length, and compete window for the Habs but seems right for value.

Reactions: kilowatt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad