Value of: Muzzin/Martinez+

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Nelson's played either wing in the past for short stints, but because he's a LHS, there would likely be a preference for him to be a LW by a coaching staff.

He's been a PP guy for the Islanders his whole career, but his role has fluctuated based on the team need. In fact, Nelson's role entirely has fluctuated based on team need during his whole career, which is part of the problem in my opinion.

I don't know if he has the value to attain Muzzin/Martinez, but I think whoever gets him (if he's moved) will get the best Brock Nelson we've seen yet, assuming they aren't fluctuating his role. He's a complimentary top six winger who can shoot the puck. He just needs the minutes in the right situations to produce.
i could see him playing with Kopitar and Brown but im just trying to see if he fits into special teams. We have a strong defensive team but we really need help on pp and offense. So i like that he does play well there from what ur saying he can help for sure I also like that he can take fo if needed to. I could also see him playing lower with lewis and Kempe fliping with Kempe after the draw which Nelson would be better. or even wing with vilardi and kempe. I think if Del could make back to the ahl without waviers its a deal i would be interested in Moving Martinez would hurt cause i like the guy but it opens up a chance for LaDue to get move mins which i was asking for all year.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
i could see him playing with Kopitar and Brown but im just trying to see if he fits into special teams. We have a strong defensive team but we really need help on pp and offense. So i like that he does play well there from what ur saying he can help for sure I also like that he can take fo if needed to. I could also see him playing lower with lewis and Kempe fliping with Kempe after the draw which Nelson would be better. or even wing with vilardi and kempe. I think if Del could make back to the ahl without waviers its a deal i would be interested in Moving Martinez would hurt cause i like the guy but it opens up a chance for LaDue to get move mins which i was asking for all year.

I'm pretty sure Dal Colle doesn't need waivers to go down.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
might be too expensive for the Kings going forward honestly.

How about if it works like this:

Lee, Dal Colle and a 2nd for Muzzin, Trevor Lewis and Mike Richards recapture penalty?

That frees up the extra money for Lee.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
can u trade the recapture penalty i dunno if u can? We dont want to trade Lewis Could u take reider and Clifford instead?

The point of asking for Lewis is to fill a 3C spot, Clifford is the kind of player that makes you get that near-vomit feeling in the back of your throat. Is Rieder a good PKer? Clifford is yours until his contract runs out I would guess. How did he ever get a multi-year contract? Kind of like our Cal Clutterbuck.

Maybe just keep it simple . . . Lee for Muzzin, Reider and Richards' recapture if feasible to basically even the money. Contingent on Lee signing an extension. If he doesn't and Muzzin does with us you get a 2019 2nd. If Muzzin does not sign with us you get a 2019 3rd. One year left vs 2 years left. Frankly, I don't see any reason Lee wouldn't extend with you. You're LA after all!

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
The point of asking for Lewis is to fill a 3C spot, Clifford is the kind of player that makes you get that near-vomit feeling in the back of your throat. Is Rieder a good PKer? Clifford is yours until his contract runs out I would guess. How did he ever get a multi-year contract? Kind of like our Cal Clutterbuck.

Maybe just keep it simple . . . Lee for Muzzin, Reider and Richards' recapture if feasible to basically even the money. Contingent on Lee signing an extension. If he doesn't and Muzzin does with us you get a 2019 2nd. If Muzzin does not sign with us you get a 2019 3rd. One year left vs 2 years left. Frankly, I don't see any reason Lee wouldn't extend with you. You're LA after all!

wow where to begin with this Lewis plays more wing then center in la I wouldn't use him there if i was geting him not that la would trade him. Lewis is the kings unsung hero the last 7 years Let that sink in He plays everywhere in the kings lineup He is not a cap dump throw as ur trying to use him as .

Next Reider didn't play a whole lot of pk for us. He honestly didn't do much of anything Yes he has speed but didn't get much chemistry to be effective imo. He will be rfa and i don't see where he fits in our lineup and if anyone is going i think it wll be him.

Now Clifford i will admit is one of my favorite kings and i will tell you why. He does what he is told to do. For his time on ice he a physical hitting machine. He also takes shifts on our pk which is near the top of the nhl . He has a strong pocession game He scores more then a compable 4th line players He is above average. Clifford is loved by management and players alike. He is a phyical beast that helped changed the la work out culture. I think maybe if u read this article on the mayor it would explain Clifford importance better then i can. Understanding Kyle Clifford and the LA Kings Becoming One And the Same

Reactions: KingTrouty

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Then you'll love Clutterbuck, he's Clifford on moustache steroids . . .

But what about the simplified version I proposed?

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
That Severson + Zacha for Muzzin deal would be a godsend for the Devils and I'm pretty certain the Kings wouldn't mind it either since they'd get 2 promising players on a roster that needs a little shakeup.

member 88115

I would be more interested in Bailey. We have plenty of guys that can go to the net, but enough players who can put the puck in a better scoring position.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I would be more interested in Bailey. We have plenty of guys that can go to the net, but enough players who can put the puck in a better scoring position.
Bailey's $5m per deal is team friendly. I think he gave a hometown discount and doubt he is available

MW6

Oct 21, 2011
Halland
Never gonna happen, BUT, what does kings fans think of the value in

Alex Ovechkin
Lucas Johansen
Brett Connolly

For

Tyler Toffoli
Jake Muzzin
Gabe Vilardi

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
A deal around Nelson+ for Martinez makes sense, I'll admit I am not a huge Martinez fan though. Other than that goal of course... I love Muzzin, but trading Lee is a tough pill to swallow. Got to give to get though. Boy these needs/assets make a proper deal to be made. Be cool to see it done.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Never gonna happen, BUT, what does kings fans think of the value in

Alex Ovechkin
Lucas Johansen
Brett Connolly

For

Tyler Toffoli
Jake Muzzin
Gabe Vilardi

Weird trade but I love Ovi so I’m in.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
I'd give the Muzzin for Zacha + Severson trade a go, even if LA had to add a small + to get it over the line ( perhaps rieders rights?)

We lose the best player at present, but get younger and add a bit of potential.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
I wouldn't expect you to be fluent in all things Devils, but for anyone that has watched them closely this year, Pavel Zacha has visibly turned a corner in his game.

His stat line from this year is virtually identical to 2016-17, but, peeling back the layers of the onion, Zacha's ESPoints/60 spiked to 1.35 from 0.82. He's a responsible, big player with a fantastic two-way game... strong on his skates, good awareness, hard to knock off the puck. His offensive game is still rounding out, but we've seen flashes... he has a heavy shot from the circles on the PP and is very good in transition.

Frankly, I see a lot of Sean Couturier in him. I'm not saying Zacha will have some monster 30-goal breakout one day, but they're similar players in both style and trajectory. As far as the plus I'd add on top of Zacha for Muzzin, I'm not sure I'd add a ton. I think it's a very good gamble for LA, and a no-brainer for NJ given their needs.

(And, for what it's worth, Hynes and Shero have referred to Zacha in the past as a winger. I think he only played C this year out of necessity, given the Henrique trade. I only mention this because 1LW was specified in the OP.)

I’m not sure why LA would make a good gamble on zacha for muzzin when they can probably trade muzzin for a sure thing without any risk

Reactions: go4hockey

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Muzzin for Danton heinen, Anders bjork and Adam mcquaid. Mcquaid is strictly a cap dump but la gets a middle 6 ready wing in heinen who scored 47 points in his rookie year this season. And they also get bjork who got hurt and missed most of the year but showed some nhl ability early on in the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad