Value of: Muzzin/Martinez+

evanreynolds1116

Jul 22, 2017
Severson and one of Zacha/McLeod for Muzzin

I don't know much about Severson but I remember hearing that he has a lot of potential. My problem with that is just the gamble of who we are getting on offense. We don't need another forward clogging up the 2nd line of bottom 6

evanreynolds1116

Jul 22, 2017
Just plant some drugs and "Mike Richards" him. You've got the experience.

:laugh:

Too bad Kings still have two more years of $1.32M on the books for Richards for Recapture Penalty + $250k, $250k, $700k $900k, $900k, and $700k over the next 6 years for being Terminated.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I don't know much about Severson but I remember hearing that he has a lot of potential. My problem with that is just the gamble of who we are getting on offense. We don't need another forward clogging up the 2nd line of bottom 6

Severson is a right shot DMan. His best skill is in the transition game. He struggles in his own end if he isn't able to make a quick play.

He is still very young though and shows flashes of being a legit top pairing DMan. He was also like 2nd or 3rd in the NHL among DMen in even strength goals this year

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Well obviously if an offer came through where we could trade Muzzin for a 1st line LW with term I would be all on board 100%. But Patches would definitely be a one year rental because new management has learned from the previous mistakes of signing older wingers to long contracts with big money. I just think about how dangerous that first line would be with Patches on there.

IF nothing else better came through and Kings had the feeling that they wouldn't be re-signing Muzzin... I'd take it.

Well I would have to disagree. I want nothing to do with a rental and even less to do with signing a 30 year old winger.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA

For what it's worth, I don't think Zacha is as big a gamble for the Kings as he would be for other teams. Zacha is a big, two-way forward that would fit LA's game like a glove, moreso than other systems.

I mean, his draft year comparable was Anze Kopitar. Not that that proves anything, but they play very similar styles, even if they haven't translated to the scoresheet yet for Zacha. I could see him flourishing as Kopitar's 1LW.

That said, I understand your hesitance.

Severson and Zacha is a bit rich for me, I think.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I like this a lot but i have a couple questions on the two players involved Can Nelson play wing? His faceoff numbers are really bad. How is his defensive game? can he kill penalties ? Is DelColle ahl elidgable and also how is his defensive side?

Nelson IS a winger.

NYI has been trying to plug a round hole with a square peg for years with Nelson. He's nothing special defensively (which is one of the reason's why he's a poor center) and because of that, you don't want him killing penalties. He's a guy who needs to play in a top six role with a defensively responsible center who can get him pucks to use his shot, which is by far his biggest asset.

Dal Colle has been a full time AHLer for two years now, with mediocre numbers. He's veering closer to bust territory than being an actual NHLer at this point. In his small stint with NYI this season, he was completely invisible offensively, but showed some average defensive acumen.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Only issue with Lee is what is he going to sign for? He's probably due a hefty raise.

That's understandable. I think in this case, NYI would have to allow LA the right to contact Lee's agent to gauge what he's looking for to see if it's something LA would be interested in doing. Maybe there's a conditional pick involved or something.

If I had to guess, he's going to be looking for a 5-7 year deal in the 5-6M per range (obviously the longer the deal the lower the AAV). This is assuming he's potting another 30-40 goals next year.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Nelson IS a winger.

NYI has been trying to plug a round hole with a square peg for years with Nelson. He's nothing special defensively (which is one of the reason's why he's a poor center) and because of that, you don't want him killing penalties. He's a guy who needs to play in a top six role with a defensively responsible center who can get him pucks to use his shot, which is by far his biggest asset.

Dal Colle has been a full time AHLer for two years now, with mediocre numbers. He's veering closer to bust territory than being an actual NHLer at this point. In his small stint with NYI this season, he was completely invisible offensively, but showed some average defensive acumen.
Which side for nelson ? and does he play well on the pp which we need help on? Del i would like to put him in our ahl for a while to get his defensive side a little better Would he need waivers to go down?

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
That's understandable. I think in this case, NYI would have to allow LA the right to contact Lee's agent to gauge what he's looking for to see if it's something LA would be interested in doing. Maybe there's a conditional pick involved or something.

If I had to guess, he's going to be looking for a 5-7 year deal in the 5-6M per range (obviously the longer the deal the lower the AAV). This is assuming he's potting another 30-40 goals next year.
might be too expensive for the Kings going forward honestly.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I like the Zacha/Muzzin base, Kings get younger and an NHLer with a high potential ceiling. That's two solved problems.

Just plant some drugs and "Mike Richards" him. You've got the experience.

Why would we need to do that when he could just develop a mysterious jersey allergy?

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Which side for nelson ? and does he play well on the pp which we need help on? Del i would like to put him in our ahl for a while to get his defensive side a little better Would he need waivers to go down?

Nelson's played either wing in the past for short stints, but because he's a LHS, there would likely be a preference for him to be a LW by a coaching staff.

He's been a PP guy for the Islanders his whole career, but his role has fluctuated based on the team need. In fact, Nelson's role entirely has fluctuated based on team need during his whole career, which is part of the problem in my opinion.

I don't know if he has the value to attain Muzzin/Martinez, but I think whoever gets him (if he's moved) will get the best Brock Nelson we've seen yet, assuming they aren't fluctuating his role. He's a complimentary top six winger who can shoot the puck. He just needs the minutes in the right situations to produce.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad