Post-Game Talk: Mustard Kittens 2 - Pooped Jets 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
A big L for Bowness healthy scratching a guy in Samberg on his birthday who has played well. Not a good look fpr the coach and the kind of thing that loses the room. Stanley being bad compounds that.

I don't mind the loss, I am okay with the 4th line getting exposed and lit up tonight. Saku/AJF together in the lineup together is not a contender and if this forces Saku out of the lineup then good by me.

Hope Morrissey is okay.

The game could have gone either way my main takeaway out this is that my confidence in Bowness is now shaken that he would healthy scratch a guy who has been exemplary in his role. Was Bowness saved from himself by the Stanley/Saku injuries? Upcoming few games will be telling.
Samberg been okay, not great, Big Stan still better!

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Meh. Jets didn't deserve to win that, it is what it is.

Bones needs to stop playing Wheeler when we need a goal, it's starting to become a trend with him benching Perfetti in the third.
Yup, if Wheeler is playing a strong game then by all means put him out with the extra man. But when he's playing awful and clearly has nothing in the tank you shouldn't have him out there. That shouldn't have been the defining factor though tonight as Cole was arguably our best player in the top 6 tonight and that alone should have been reason enough for the coach to play him.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
My summation - Jets played lazy hockey, and deserved to lose. They didn't step on the gas, until the 3rd period, and that's when we saw a real effort, but too little to late. Scheif hit the crossbar, and so did Ehlers in the last 4 minutes. Although I thought the Jets were outplayed, and outshot by a lot, they could have pulled this game out, if one of those 3rd period crossbar shots went in. The second period was all Nashville. Oh well-- on to the next one.

If the Jets would have played the whole game like they did in the last 10 minutes, they win this game -- but not tonight. Fun game to watch tho.

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
Frustrating game to watch

no puck luck at all for the Jets

Wheezer was brutal, no way he is top 6, stick Flowbee in his spot, at least he has speed!

Stan not bad for his first game in ages, need his physicality in the PO’s

bottom six needs to get a goal in a game like this once in awhile!

does Bones not see how bad Wheezer is out there????
His lack of 1 ball is truly effecting his game. He looks as gimpy as ever out there.

Last edited:

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
My summation - Jets played lazy hockey, and deserved to lose. They didn't step on the gas, until the 3rd period, and that's when we saw a real effort, but too little to late. Scheif hit the crossbar, and so did Ehlers in the last 4 minutes. Although I thought the Jets were outplayed, and outshot by a lot, they could have pulled this game out, if one of those 3rd period crossbar shots went in. The second period was all Nashville. Oh well-- on to the next one.

If the Jets would have played the whole game like they did in the last 10 minutes, they win this game -- but not tonight. Fun game to watch tho.
our 1st was better then our 3rd

Potential

Nov 11, 2017
Yep we were tired, but we had our chances. Saros played very well tonight, as did Helle.

Preds are slow, and the refs let tons of obstruction and slashes go tonight, which benefits <checks notes> the slower, heavier team. Kuhlman got tossed around like a ragdoll tonight - credit to him though as he always bounces back up again. Not helpful in the offensive zone though if you get separated from the puck.

Ah well, it was a winnable game, just didn't work out for us tonight.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Good game - not much to bitch about here if you watched it.
The record on this road trip isn't great but this game isn't the one to whine about.
Lots of offense, good goal tending, fast and heavy - looked like a playoff game to me - no complaints

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
Can we talk about how bad Saku has been? He is ~40% xGoals on the Season... no other forward is near as bad (the next worst forward is ~47% in that metric). Among all forwards in the league, he ranks 5th worst in xGoals Relative Teammate (min 150 mins). No Jet in history of 2.0 has played as many minutes as Saku with as bad or worse relative xG differential.

He should not be on the lineup. Literally everyone of our depth pieces is better than him.

Ggg99

Sep 17, 2018
Thanks Helly. Shoulda been 5-1.

And PLD showed up. So there’s that.

Can’t win em all but sucks losing to yellow guys.
With dirty sticks.

D625B1C1-82E0-42ED-8F21-6E044BEEBA32.jpeg

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Wheelers legs are just not there anymore and he can't keep up, Apples whenever he comes back should move him to the third line for a while
I have to agree with your post, and maybe having Appleton back will help with that. Wheeler is having a hard time keeping up, especially on those back to back games, or long road trips. Maybe the Jets will make a trade, that could help this situation improve.

Potential

Nov 11, 2017
Thanks Helly. Shoulda been 5-1.

And PLD showed up. So there’s that.

Can’t win em all but sucks losing to yellow guys.
With dirty sticks.

View attachment 640951
I'm curious as to what Lauzon was beaking to PLD at the end of the game? He was taking his life into his own hands as PLD looked ready to tear his head off if the refs didn't step between them. :laugh:

You better believe PLD's going to file that one away for later though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad