Mustang thread

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
Going on vacation and renting a Mustang convertible in Florida is why I ended up buying one. It was so fun to drive, I just had to get one of my own!

I bought an Ecoboost and love it! It's still a powerful car and a lot of fun to drive. I'm winter-driving it on summer tires here in Winnipeg and there have been some fun moments with trying to avoid getting stuck after a few of our snowstorms, but overall it's been pretty good! Every time I start it and hear that growl, I can't help smiling.
If a car makes you fall in love all over again everyday its pretty special. I feel like that a lot with my Tahoe even after a 5 minute shopping trip. Come out of the store and it's like "my baby"!

Reactions: Saitama

coupe89

Jan 25, 2006
PEI
My mustang finished
DCIeL4O.jpg

coupe89

Jan 25, 2006
PEI
I've never seen a mustang of this vintage in such good shape! Is that an original color?
Thank you it just went through a lot of body work. It was medium shadow blue and is now lightning blue. I have owned the car since September 2000.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
According to Autoforecast Solutions, it will likely continue offering it with internal combustion engines through 2029, but it sounds like that will definitely be the end of the road.

stunning-1.jpg

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
I hate everything that has ever existed.

They're really going to kill any car that's any fun, aren't they?

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
I hate everything that has ever existed.

They're really going to kill any car that's any fun, aren't they?
Yup. OT in this thread but Lexus is making the successor to the incomparable and spectacular LFA as an EV. That's right, the legendary LFA, a contender for the title of the best sounding road car of all time, will have an EV successor. Neutering a muscle car is one thing...neutering the LFA is the car-pocalypse.

I give up. I quit.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Yup. OT in this thread but Lexus is making the successor to the incomparable and spectacular LFA as an EV. That's right, the legendary LFA, a contender for the title of the best sounding road car of all time, will have an EV successor. Neutering a muscle car is one thing...neutering the LFA is the car-pocalypse.

I give up. I quit.
Don't worry, if we live to around 100 the rare metal supply will dry up and the EV market will crash. Then we can celebrate another century on earth with the second round of ICE muscle cars...wheelchair accessible.

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
Don't worry, if we live to around 100 the rare metal supply will dry up and the EV market will crash. Then we can celebrate another century on earth with the second round of ICE muscle cars...wheelchair accessible.
Haha.

I have a Master's degree in Atmospheric Science, with a 100-page thesis written about upper-level air transport which included global warming signatures. I am NOT a newbie when it comes to climate change, and fully support EV's replacing ICE as daily drivers (which is where they excel) if the production phases (which produce a SHIT TON of emissions) and operation phases (if you're "filling up" with electricity that isn't green you're still contributing to the problem) for these cars get improved.

However, on the weekend, when someone wants to take a car to the track and f***ing let it rip...not a single car enthusiast on the planet ever really dreamed of talkingtaking an EV on those special days, not if you want to have fun. There's no real character there, it's just sterile, blinding speed and a complete lack of induction noise, driver involvement/feel or organic experience of any kind. As driver's cars, no matter how much artificial noise they pump in or how unnecessarily fast they get or even if they eventually simulate a manual transmission...EV's just suck out loud. Period.

Last edited:
Reactions: TaLoN

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Haha.

I have a Master's degree in Atmospheric Science, with a 100-page thesis written about upper-level air transport which included global warming signatures. I am NOT a newbie when it comes to climate change, and fully support EV's replacing ICE as daily drivers (which is where they excel) if the production phases (which produce a SHIT TON of emissions) and operation phases (if you're "filling up" with electricity that isn't green you're still contributing to the problem) for these cars get improved.

However, on the weekend, when someone wants to take a car to the track and f***ing let it rip...not a single car enthusiast on the planet ever really dreamed of talking an EV on those special days, not if you want to have fun. There's no real character there, it's just sterile, blinding speed and a complete lack of induction noise, driver involvement/feel or organic experience of any kind. As driver's cars, no matter how much artificial noise they pump in or how unnecessarily fast they get or even if they eventually simulate a manual transmission...EV's just suck out loud. Period.
Yeah, the fun would boil down to who can press hardest on the gas acceleration pedal the fastest, with a car that shifts gears on it's own the fastest...in near silence. About as fun as dragging with golf carts.

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
Yeah, the fun would boil down to who can press hardest on the gas acceleration pedal the fastest, with a car that shifts gears on it's own the fastest...in near silence. About as fun as dragging with golf carts.
I've seen a Model S Plaid in a drag race before. No road car should ever, EVER accelerate like that and yet still be accessible to countless potential buyers. It's also severely underbraked (not that this is a problem on a car that can 0-60 in 1.9 seconds or anything lmao), has strange steering (the one I saw had a f***ing yoke lol) and exists in virtual silence half the time. Unless all you care about is straight-line speed, in which case you're not a sports car/muscle car enthusiast in the first place, the car outright fails every other test.

I'm sorry for taking this thread off-topic and ranting so much but as you can tell I'm passionate about cars and feel strongly about this topic. Glad to know I'm not the only one.

Reactions: rynryn

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
I've seen a Model S Plaid in a drag race before. No road car should ever, EVER accelerate like that and yet still be accessible to countless potential buyers. It's also severely underbraked (not that this is a problem on a car that can 0-60 in 1.9 seconds or anything lmao), has strange steering (the one I saw had a f***ing yoke lol) and exists in virtual silence half the time. Unless all you care about is straight-line speed, in which case you're not a sports car/muscle car enthusiast in the first place, the car outright fails every other test.

I'm sorry for taking this thread off-topic and ranting so much but as you can tell I'm passionate about cars and feel strongly about this topic. Glad to know I'm not the only one.
Kind of (understatement) a safety issue when people can fly with acceleration they aren't used to, with cars that pedestrians can't hear. What's the worst that can happen...?

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Haha.

However, on the weekend, when someone wants to take a car to the track and f***ing let it rip...not a single car enthusiast on the planet ever really dreamed of talkingtaking an EV on those special days, not if you want to have fun. There's no real character there, it's just sterile, blinding speed and a complete lack of induction noise, driver involvement/feel or organic experience of any kind. As driver's cars, no matter how much artificial noise they pump in or how unnecessarily fast they get or even if they eventually simulate a manual transmission...EV's just suck out loud. Period.
Makes me glad I was able to get in on this last golden age of muscle cars with my Shelby GT500!

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
Makes me glad I was able to get in on this last golden age of muscle cars with my Shelby GT500!
I just ordered* a 992 GT3 Touring with a 6-speed in Gentian Blue Metallic...should come in a few months** and am very excited***!

*built online using the web design tool
**will definitely not come in a few months
***dreams do not come true

• Wow
Reactions: TaLoN

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad