OT: Music Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
I dig the first few Iron Maiden records (Killers is actually one of my favorite albums), but then the discography starts to become overbearing and annoying.

Stuff on rotation this week:
Aussitot Mort - Discographie
Dangers - The Bend in the Break
Caravels - Floorboards
Like Wolves - Like Wolves
The Fiction - LP33
Git Some - Loose Control
Fourth Rotor - Plain
Tarpit - Vultures
Saetia - Collected
American Hate - Our Love Is Real
Undertones - Undertones + Peel Sessions
Bikini Kill - p***y Whipped
Braidedveins - Braidedveins
Life In Vacuum - 5
Peter Brotzmann Octet - Machine Gun
Red Monkey - Make The Moment
Giraffes? Giraffes! - Memory Lame
Kill The Man Who Questions - Sugar Industry
Sugar - Beaster
Pg. 99 - Everything
Suns - The Engine Room

Benedict Kovalchuk

Kovalchuk: A spy?
Jul 19, 2011
CASCADIA NOW
I listen to a bit of everything. Currently I've got...

Moses Gunn Collective - Mercy Mountain
Cibo Matto - Viva! La Woman
Todd Terje - It's Album Time
TWRP - Together Through Time
Queens of the Stone Age - Era Vulgaris
Unknown Mortal Orchestra - Sex & Food
Primus - Sailing the Seas of Cheese
Broncho - Bad Behaviour
Beastie Boys - Paul's Boutique
Mr. Oizo - All Wet
White Denim - Fits
La Femme - Psycho Tropical Berlin
Kvelertak - Nattesferd
The Black Angels - Directions to See A Ghost
Balkan Beatbox - Nu Med
Danger Mouse & Daniele Luppi - Rome
BA Johnston - Stairway to Hamilton
Nujabes - Modal Soul

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
I'm an old 80s thrash metal fanatic - still is. I listen mostly to thrash metal, new and old, but mixed in with everything from classic metal like Judas Priest, Dio etc. to Nightwish to black metal

Last edited:
Reactions: SteveH124

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Caught SRV tribute last night. PHENOMENAL

Attachments

• 20190330_000123.jpg
    20190330_000123.jpg
    265.5 KB · Views: 10

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
When the next axe murderer strikes, I know where they should look.

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY
I dig the first few Iron Maiden records (Killers is actually one of my favorite albums), but then the discography starts to become overbearing and annoying.

Stuff on rotation this week:
Aussitot Mort - Discographie
Dangers - The Bend in the Break
Caravels - Floorboards
Like Wolves - Like Wolves
The Fiction - LP33
Git Some - Loose Control
Fourth Rotor - Plain
Tarpit - Vultures
Saetia - Collected
American Hate - Our Love Is Real
Undertones - Undertones + Peel Sessions
Bikini Kill - ***** Whipped
Braidedveins - Braidedveins
Life In Vacuum - 5
Peter Brotzmann Octet - Machine Gun
Red Monkey - Make The Moment
Giraffes? Giraffes! - Memory Lame
Kill The Man Who Questions - Sugar Industry
Sugar - Beaster
Pg. 99 - Everything
Suns - The Engine Room

Wow. Ive never heard of any of those. I need to get out more i guess...

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Wow. Ive never heard of any of those. I need to get out more i guess...

I don't even know which side of the - is the band name or the song title . If you get out more please let me know where to go . All the places I used to go to are now turned into a Cell phone store or a Little Caesars pizza. Is the Roxy still around on New York Ave in north Huntington ?

LGI

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Deftones
AIC
STP
Soundgarden
Audioslave
System Of A Down
Godsmack
Pink Floyd
Led Zeppelin
Oasis
Tool
A perfect circle
Chris Cornell ( my favorite singer)
Ac/dc
Van Halen
Judas Priest
GNR
Live
Iron Maiden

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Caught SRV tribute last night. PHENOMENAL
Bones, was that like a tribute band doing SRV material, or something on TV with actual video of SRV? Just curious, because if it's the latter I'd want to search it out (especially if it's got any new archival stuff).

I was fortunate enough to have seen SRV in concert five times, including once from the 2nd row at CW Post (20 feet away, tops). Unfortunately I did not see him in the last year or so of his life after he cleaned up his act and was in absolute top form (see the last Austin City Limits footage for that).

BTW, are you familiar with the Marcus King Band? If you like SRV you'd probably like him (and his band - great musicians all around).

Reactions: dood

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
Also a huge Maiden fan...but yeah their discography gets repetitive and they have a few misses here and there.

Been listening to George Harrison's solo career a lot lately.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
I am partial to Jazz, Classical, and Rock.

I love everything though, or at least most things. Can't stand modern pop music. My favorite Jazz musician is Miles Davis, my favorite composer is Stravinsky, my favorite singer songwriter is... undecided, and my favorite group is King Crimson.

Other music I love:

Classical: Bach, Beethoven, Penderecki, Stravinsky, Mozart, Wagner
Classic Rock: Beatles, Led Zeppelin, the Who, Black Sabbath, Blue Oyster Cult, Steely Dan, Jefferson Airplane, The Doors, T. Rex
Prog: King Crimson ! Also a fan of Pink Floyd, Camel, the Alan Parsons Project and early (pre-new wave) Yes
Jazz: Davis, Monk, Coltrane, Grant Green, Bill Evans
Krautrock: CAN baby
Folk/Folk Rock: Simon and Garfunkel, Byrds, Crosby Stills Nash (and sometimes Young)
Punk Rock: the clash, Ramones
Post-Punk/New Wave: the cars, television, Joy Division/New Order, the chameleons, The Cure
Hardcore Punk: Black Flag, Minor Threat, the Meat Puppets, Agent Orange, Flipper
Singer-Songwriters: Bob Dylan, Donovan, Neil Young, Warren Zevon, John Frusciante, Elliott Smith, David Bowie, Harry Nilsson
Post-Rock: Godspeed you! black emperor, Slint, Explosions in the Sky
Alt-Rock: Nirvana, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Radiohead, Dinosaur Jr., Fugazi, Pixies, Audioslave, Sleater Kinney
Shoegaze: Ride, My Bloody Valentine, A Place to Bury Strangers, Slowdive, Working for a Nuclear Free City
Techno: Aphex Twin, Boards of Canada
Modern/Idie: Death from Above 1979, the Flaming Lips, Deerhunter, Elbow, Brand New, The War on Drugs
Metal: Anyone who hasn't listened to Acid Bath is missing out. Neurosis is dope as well. Big fan of Black Metal, Burzum, despite Varg being crazy, is excellent.
Hip Hop: Tupac, 50 Cent (he is amazing, f the haters), Eminem, Wu tang Clan, Nas, Music that Dr. Dre produced.

Last edited:

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Bones, was that like a tribute band doing SRV material, or something on TV with actual video of SRV? Just curious, because if it's the latter I'd want to search it out (especially if it's got any new archival stuff).

I was fortunate enough to have seen SRV in concert five times, including once from the 2nd row at CW Post (20 feet away, tops). Unfortunately I did not see him in the last year or so of his life after he cleaned up his act and was in absolute top form (see the last Austin City Limits footage for that).

BTW, are you familiar with the Marcus King Band? If you like SRV you'd probably like him (and his band - great musicians all around).

Long Island musician Andy Aledort and his band does a SRV night every so often. You can google him to see his guitar work. Andy is also the co-biographer on a new book coming out on SRV ofter the summer.

https://www.amazon.com/Texas-Flood-Inside-Stevie-Vaughan/dp/1250142830

Andy doing Scuttlebuttin'

34 is all I have on until my kids make me put the Xmas channel on when it returns

If you aren't enjoying some Yacht Rock every now and then, your subscription is being wasted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad