OT: Music 6

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
So Slash has a new blues, rock album coming out with a whole bunch of different great singers , this is the first release with Brian Johnson from AC/DC and Steven Tyler on harmonica. I already ordered it.:nod:

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Two of the Jets in-game dj's are up for Winnipeg's Best Local DJ.

1) DJ Fin-S (Jets resident in-game dj / current residency Palomino Club / former resident of Stereo & Pharoah's). Find him spinning the Palomino Club after tonights game.

2) DJ James Falk (Jets back up in-game dj / current residency Pony Corral / former resident of Whiskey Dixx, Nashville's, Cowboys, Boogie Nights, Mondetta World Cafe & Strawberries Cabaret). Find him spinning the Shark Club after tonights game.

Another with ties to the Jets is DJ Turbulence whose done the street parties during the Jets playoff runs.

Lot's of other things to vote for at the Winnipeg Nightlife Awards. Voting ends today.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB

1) DJ Fin-S (Jets resident in-game dj / current residency Palomino Club / former resident of Stereo & Pharoah's). Find him spinning the Palomino Club after tonights game.

2) DJ James Falk (Jets back up in-game dj / current residency Pony Corral / former resident of Whiskey Dixx, Nashville's, Cowboys, Boogie Nights, Mondetta World Cafe & Strawberries Cabaret). Find him spinning the Shark Club after tonights game.

Another with ties to the Jets is DJ Turbulence whose done the street parties during the Jets playoff runs.

Lot's of other things to vote for at the Winnipeg Nightlife Awards. Voting ends today.

Good that's he's still around those Strawberry days were bananas

Reactions: Jets 31
Nov 24, 2006

I was at Pier 7 last night for St Patrick's Day and this guy was spinning in between band sets. He was fantastic actually, I can't say I've ever noticed a DJ until last night, LOL.

Had no idea he was involved with the Jets.

imec

Sponsor
Aug 29, 2013
Winnipeg
Despite being a huge Zep fan, lucky enough to have seen them 3 times, I'm gobsmacked I'd never heard of this artist or his story.

Reactions: spiny norman

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Wow... it's been a while...

This late afternoon was glorious driving back from out west along the U.S. border back towards Winnipeg... then up home to Winnipeg...

It's been a long time since I've posted music here... sometimes we leave things that give us joy because they give us pain equally or more... but I felt joy on the way back today...

I had the time... and I had thankfulness for today.... the moment...

This is what I listened to...

First up... and all are R.E.M. performances... the first being Wichita Lineman...

This tune reminds Me of My Father always... he loved guitar... and good guitar performances.. Glenn Campbell originally... covered by R.E.M. ...

A wonderful... peaceful... positive performance suggesting duty to the betterment of others without renown... duty to others...

Last edited:

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
This is the 2nd tune I listened to... again R.E.M. ...

I spent a lifetime of duty to others... and gladly so... either long hours or many miles away from the ones I truly loved...

I don't regret a thing...

But this tune always reminds Me of those times when I felt that commitment to My principles... who I was... how I expressed Myself...

The High Road... not the Low Road...

P.S. I hadn't noticed when I watched The Bear cable tv series that R.E.M. was all over it... but it was in the YouTube comments for this tune...

Last edited:

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I'm a bit of a weirdo... admittedly and proudly so... no shame...

My life has bridged a lot of years of music history... and I haven't limited Myself to one genre...

R.E.M. again... injecting a MIdwest influence... talking about love... talking about loss... talking about failure... talking about what could have been... but mostly talking about absolutes...

What we all end up with if we fail with others... we face having failed with others... wanting, wishing for redemption from what we lost...

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
And the last tune during My whimsical episode... then I went all driving tunes as the traffic built and became an obstacle to endure...

Find the River...

My Father had a spirit of adventure... dragged Me into the bush... made Me help paddle canoes over big lakes in Fall squalls... enduring portages... and getting cuffed for walking over "the safe line" while hunting as the prey was flushed hunting birds...

My Father had the patience and a true gift to show Me trout fishing on mountain rivers... and letting Me have my space in the middle of nowhere along those beautiful clear running streams... no bubble rap for Me...

I understand the allegory... the moral choice to follow a pure path of life literally...

Thanks Dad...

Last edited:

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Good that's he's still around those Strawberry days were bananas
Strawberries? Holy crap, what a blast from the past.

Fun fact, the first place I ever kissed my wife (married 30 years and counting) was on the dance floor at Strawberries. I'd like to tell you the song but honestly don't remember. July 2nd 1987 if that helps. :laugh::naughty:

Wow... it's been a while...

This late afternoon was glorious driving back from out west along the U.S. border back towards Winnipeg... then up home to Winnipeg...

It's been a long time since I've posted music here... sometimes we leave things that give us joy because they give us pain equally or more... but I felt joy on the way back today...

I had the time... and I had thankfulness for today.... the moment...

This is what I listened to...

First up... and all are R.E.M. performances... the first being Wichita Lineman...

This tune reminds Me of My Father always... he loved guitar... and good guitar performances.. Glenn Campbell originally... covered by R.E.M. ...

A wonderful... peaceful... positive performance suggesting duty to the betterment of others without renown... duty to others...

I like you when you've been (assumed) drinking. :thumbu:

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Strawberries? Holy crap, what a blast from the past.

Fun fact, the first place I ever kissed my wife (married 30 years and counting) was on the dance floor at Strawberries. I'd like to tell you the song but honestly don't remember. July 2nd 1987 if that helps. :laugh::naughty:
Small world I practically lived there is my early 20's until it closed down, pretty well knew everyone that worked there. Many great nights some great fights mixed in.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I just needed to feel good after that shit show loss by the Jets against the Sens...

Dire Straits does the trick with their inspired Live performance in 1983 at the Hammer'...

Mark Knopfler is incredible on Lead Guitar... Terry Williams on drums kills it, doesn't break a sweat...

Mark's brother David with back rhythm guitar ain't too shabby either...

Now I feel better...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad