OT: Music 6

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Gone way too soon

I’ll never forget the day I heard SRV died, I was such a huge fan of his back then, was just gutted. Saddens me to this day. It was particularly heartbreaking considering he seemed to have finally beat his addictions demons and had just released In Step, which I think took him to a new level. His playing and his voice on that album had such clarity. He left just as he was about to reach his greatest heights. What could have been. :(

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
My favourite Canadian Blues Band and an inspiration for the Blues Brothers. Ackroyd was a huge fan of Donnie Walsh and even had him as a music consultant for the movie. The influence from Everyday I have the blues is unmistakable.

Probably the highlight of my music career was Donnie Walsh getting onstage with my band at the Windsor Hotel years ago after the Junos. I’ll never forget it, such a huge fan.

Have to post some of their stuff with Tony Flaim another time. Great singer as well. Amazing how long that band endured.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
F*** vegas

And tonight, our wishes were granted. To commemorate, here's some Crash Vegas. They were one of two bands I saw play the Tower Lounge at Red River College when I was a student there that I thought were destined for greatness. The other band? The Tragically Hip. Hey, batting .500 gets you into the Hall of Fame, right? :nod:

Before Crash Vegas, Michelle McAdorey was in a short lived band known as Corect Spelling (not a typo), Cold Fish or Sushi depending on what part of the world you lived in. But in that brief existence, they did put out one single I just loved. Perhaps the title was prophetic.

And it was produced by the brilliant Midge Ure of Ultravox. So let us sing a Hymn in praise of Les Habitants for doing what the former team from Quebec couldn't do in the previous round. :vhappy:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->