OT: Music 6

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Anyone out here like chiptunes? Like I know that other kinds of electronically inspired music are far more popular (synthwave, EDM and the like) but I mean, old school 8-bit SID chip for the melody kind of stuff.

If I had to pitch one song to try and win moderates over, it's this, which I could best describe as like Christina Perri's "Jar of Hearts" if she was recording it on an old Casio.

spiny norman

Administrator
Apr 1, 2006
Winnipeg, MB
Thanks. Any chance you can point out what it is adding so I can edit myself? Super fun thread to participate in but blank rectangles are less useful.

Remove these from between the MEDIA tags leaving the youtube code itself:

id=

;list=LL

I see that you resolved the issue; where were you getting the links from, for example are they from the phone app?

Reactions: buggs

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Remove these from between the MEDIA tags leaving the youtube code itself:

id=

;list=LL

I see that you resolved the issue; where were you getting the links from, for example are they from the phone app?

Nope, not phone. I'm a dinosaur so I'm posting these on a desktop. Two windows open in Chrome; copy full link from YouTube and post into Media here. Until recently that worked really well. In the last 2-3 weeks not so much as it seems to add the code you pointed out.

Not a big deal as I'll just have to pay a little more attention rather than just a straight copy and paste. Appreciate the help though.

ryerockarola

Nov 20, 2011
I'll never forget the look he had on his face on the big-screen at the old stadium in 94 when we started a Charlie chant. Looked like he shed a couple tears and humble enough to just give one small wave and a little nod all the while looking down at his drum kit. Great drummer, always in the pocket.

RIP Charlie Watts.

Charlie's idea

Last edited:

spiny norman

Administrator
Apr 1, 2006
Winnipeg, MB
I'll never forget the look he had on his face on the big-screen at the old stadium in 94 when we started a Charlie chant. Looked like he shed a couple tears and humble enough to just give one small wave and a little nod all the while looking down at his drum kit. Great drummer, always in the pocket.

RIP Charlie Watts.

Charlie's idea

I was at that concert, too. Yes, the Charlie chant, I seem to recall that now.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I loved "Love" when it was released...

I loved "Electric" even more when it was released...

In around the year 2000 my oldest son was 10...

He had one of his buddies over... they were in the adjacent room in our basement next to My office...

I was playing Mp3's of Electric including this tune...

My Son's buddy was an incredible violinist and his parents were steering him towards a career in symphony...

He overheard Me blasting this Album and this tune... he came out and we listened to it full blast... I made him a CD of it...

His parents being traditional Chinese weren't impressed...

That kid is now a dentist... and he still rocks to these guys... :laugh:

Ian & Billy are just Bad Ass twisting classic musicians towards dentistry... :laugh:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad