OT: Music 6

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Very sad to hear of the passing of Dusty. Being fresh out of high school in 1982 (dinosaurs did indeed roam the earth) they were tremendously influential in my life. I recall seeing them in 84-85-86 or so at the old arena. I had pulled an all nighter the previous evening for a genetics exam and was dutifully tired. We were up in the 200s and I gave out during the encore for a few minutes, forever to my shame. My roommate of the time has never let me forget. It was a stellar show but I was exhausted.

Though Eliminator came out in 1983 I took Sharp Dressed Man to heart a year earlier for graduation, showing up in a white tuxedo. I didn't take anyone to grad and it may have been the best decision I made to that point in life. I must have danced with most of the girls in our school that night. Sadly, I never took the advice to heart later, living in basketball shoes for far too long. :laugh:

They formed in 1969. I was five. Stayed together the entire time. Awesome.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Kind of no direction here.

First one the talent is immense and how it builds is just so cool. The background vocals are amazing as well (better than the lead? Maybe). Not even really in my boathouse for the type of music I listen to but just wow.

Second is just a product of the positive aspects of the YouTube algorithm. The video aspect is largely irrelevant, the woman is beautiful, the man is handsome. Yawn. Just listen to the song. I wish we had a blues station locally. Anyone remember KX107 or whatever it was? Short lived, loved their music mix. Deep tracks, rock and roll and blues. It was my perfect station. No wonder it failed.

I've grown to absolutely love the Drop Kick Murphy's thanks to YouTube. Not like you could find them on local radio, so I lived in ignorance for a long period of time. I will say, when I DJ my own funeral it will be very DKM heavy. They are at the top of my wishlist to see live. Any band that has Bobby Orr in a video is high on my list (not this vid).

Last edited by a moderator:

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat

Headphones man, that's what life is all about. Ironically came out around the time of quadrophonic stereo systems. My dad kiboshed my plan to buy a quad system from Advance with an 8-track player. Turned out to be a pretty good decision. I don't have much left from my first stereo I bought, at Brian Reimer Audio btw where most of the original guys still work, but I do still have my turntable. No 8-track.

Pretty sure this last one has never been posted. The timing of the song preceded my understanding of the song. It fits the 70s so very well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad