OT: Music 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Heard this yesterday morning blaring from some hillbilly’s truck in front of me ..... :laugh:

Edit: damn good tune

Hey, I resemble that remark!!.....well minus the hillbilly part :laugh:.

Great Travis Tritt tune. Love good country music that’s just about the playing and low on the contrived heartache.

Reactions: chaos4 and SUX2BU

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
I remain convinced that this song was played in the old Spiderman cartoon series (apparently it wasn't, but it was a clear knockoff) so with a hat tip to @Guardian17 and in memoriam of Paul Soles I present green onions. Keep an eye out for Ann Margaret. Mrowr.

Because they come next in that particular playlist the following songs are presented for your edification. No theme, no rhyme, no reason. Good songs.

schmockeyknife

Apr 7, 2021

I very fondly remember this song from FM radio when I was very young and first discovering something other than CFRW and CKY for music. Hard to believe Styx was considered hard rock at the time, but some of their music was bloody brilliant. Very talented musicians and one of the few concerts in all the shows I've seen where I didn't have to make allowances for differences between what it sounded like live and on the album.

So So good back in the day right and yes...considered hard rock. i started listening to styx in my early teens and they were a regular on the turntable until Pieces of Eight came out. didn't care for that one or any after it. i still listen to them on occasion but it feels like they didn't have the staying power that many of their peers enjoyed. thx for the flashback :wally:

https://youtu.be/9b-i0XknSnM

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Last band I saw at the Zoo before it shut down. Crazy good show and ended up drinking with the boys in the band. It was a really positive experience and was thankful to be able to pick up all their music at the show on CD. Might also have been one of the first bands I saw at the Zoo. May have been 30 odd years in between the first and last shows, I honestly can't remember.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Last band I saw at the Zoo before it shut down. Crazy good show and ended up drinking with the boys in the band. It was a really positive experience and was thankful to be able to pick up all their music at the show on CD. Might also have been one of the first bands I saw at the Zoo. May have been 30 odd years in between the first and last shows, I honestly can't remember.

Used to run into Greg Godovitz at a guitar shop he worked at in Calgary every so often. He would just sit there spinning tales of the old days with Goddo, like some local legend. It was pretty funny, if he was on commission I imagine he starved to death :laugh:.

Nice guy though.

Reactions: buggs

schmockeyknife

Apr 7, 2021
Cochrane is such an under appreciated Canadian musician. I think he’s a national treasure. I’ll never forget this tune from when I saw him and Red Rider years ago at the Walker. Blew my mind, the pedal steel intro and solo were epic! One of the best shows I’ve seen.
never was able to see him but friends have told me how good he is live

Reactions: Ducky10

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
Some songs that have a raw feeling to them.

From 1978 is the Irish punk band "The Undertones" with their song "Teenage Kicks" The lead singers name is Feargal Sharkey. That has to be one of the coolest names ever!

Next up is the "Kings of Sleaze Rock" LA. Guns. Released off of their 1988 debut self titled album is "One More Reason" Say what you want, but I still enjoy the band.

Lastly, is an early Guns 'N' Roses song from the EP "Lies". I'm sure lots of people know that GNR and L.A. Guns were once a band called "Hollywood Rose". It was Axl Rose (of GNR) and Tracii Guns (From L.A. Guns). They went their separate ways and Axl took a little of both names to form Guns N Roses.
As a side note 'Don't Cry" was one of the first songs they wrote as a band in 1985 but it wasn't released until 1991 on the album "Use Your Illusions I"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad