OT: Music 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaos4

Mr.Scratch
Jun 1, 2013
winnipeg
That is great man. Little dudes getting pumped up before the game from that tune. I just realized how time has gone by. That album is 13 yrs old. I guess I'm still moving from newer to new ha ha. Son of a bitch where does the time go folks

Yeah they loved it!
Time flies, too fast.
This one's for me. I'd like to go back, even for a day!

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
@spiny norman oh man I loved that Andy Kim song as a kid. Such an innocent time.

Hadn't thought about Suzi Quatro in a very, very long time but an Instagram post reminded me of her. Right along the timelines and notions of Andy Kim in my memories. Although watching these videos I think Suzi elicited different responses that I didn't understand at the time. Can The Can is from 1973 - I was a whopping nine years old.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Wasn't going to post tonight, but B. J. Thomas passed away today. Another of those early 70s childhood music types that was so prevalent on the CKY/CFRW stations before I discovered FM radio. Very family friendly so never any complaints from the parents either. His music takes me back to being a kid, which ain't bad. I doubt I'd be all that interested if I discovered it now but it's serious nostalgia for me and locked in so hopefully someone else will enjoy as well. Watch the dancers in the background of the second vid. :)

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Unbelievably Melissa Ethridge is 60. For whatever reason I thought she was younger than me. Have loved her music from her debut album onwards. Was traveling through Australia when the first album came out and imagine the days of cassette tapes and traveling by Greyhound bus with nothing more than a backpack. Space was limited and her cassette was one of about five I had.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Wasn't going to post tonight, but B. J. Thomas passed away today. Another of those early 70s childhood music types that was so prevalent on the CKY/CFRW stations before I discovered FM radio. Very family friendly so never any complaints from the parents either. His music takes me back to being a kid, which ain't bad. I doubt I'd be all that interested if I discovered it now but it's serious nostalgia for me and locked in so hopefully someone else will enjoy as well. Watch the dancers in the background of the second vid. :)

Vivid memories of Raindrops by Thomas on the radio, riding in the family station wagon in my youth.

Nov 24, 2006
Thanks for this. I'm glad someone noticed. She's just stunningly talented and easy on the eyes as well. If you've followed her career for a while you can see her self confidence evolve. The talent was always there without question but her looks are almost plastic and I mean that as a complement. You just never know what she's going to do with them. Probably a bit of "country music mainstream" trying to bring her out but she and Jason apparently aren't interested in that. Nice to see that they reject the mold of looks > talent. Jason Isbell is a very lucky man. Both are remarkably talented and I'm not even a big country fan.

Love Jason Isbell, and have seen him love a few times. He's as "country" as I've ever gotten for sure. Funny thing, the people I know who like the more mainstream country music don't seem to like Jason Isbell. So he occupies that strange space between country, indie, and folk. None of that really matters though, the guy can write some great songs.

And well, Amanda is Amanda. :thumbu:

amanda-shires-330.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad