OT: Music 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
First ever concert was Streetheart and the back-up band was some guy named Bryan Adams. :laugh:

Ooh, first ever concert. Funny smell. Didn't know what it was.

Second concert, one of the first three albums I ever owned. Also the only time (sadly) I ever saw the man perform. That smell was still there.

My sister had to take me to those shows, I was too young (my parent's were correct) to go alone.
First concert on my own was 79. Dennis DeYoung was incredible. I'd already learned to temper my expectations in terms of vocal performance so Styx absolutely blew me away.

I was still very young, all of 14. The show opened with some guy sweeping the stage and then plinking away at the piano. I'm certain most knew who it was by I hadn't a clue at that age. I was completely stunned to find out it was DeYoung sweeping the floor. And while Styx is pretty cliche these days they were hugely popular at that time (arguably Paradise Theater was the last truly successful album they released but even then it paled compared to earlier releases - Kilroy Was Here certainly met with monetary success but IMO it was extremely hit and miss from a musical perspective).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad