News Article: Murray likely to step down after season, will pick his own successor

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I hope it isn't his health pushing him out a bit early. Cancer sucks.

I don't really care who the next GM is at this point in time. Doesn't really feel all that important right now.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I hope it isn't his health pushing him out a bit early. Cancer sucks.

I don't really care who the next GM is at this point in time. Doesn't really feel all that important right now.

It's obviously health related. Murray would probably stay on for a few extra years were he completely healthy.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
i wonder if Murray knew about his cancer in 06-07 we he have deconstructed the team like he did in the later years.

If he knew about his cancer he would have got it removed and would not be stage 4 cancer now all over his body. He might have lived 20 more years. Like the message Murray said when he went public about his cancer.... Get a colonoscopy.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
I will miss this man tremendously. I know there are a lot of naysayers here who have called him out on various occasions, but the time will come when we realize what he has built. I only wish he is here to see it too. Thank you for all those years Murray, may your retirement be long enough to see this team make noise.

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
Leafs fan, Ottawa born, coming in peace.

While our teams are at polar ends, I've always respected Bryan Murray. He knew, and knows, hockey and has always been the kind of guy you'd want all GM's and hockey people to be.

Speaking frankly, and in reference to the video of him and Burke at the 2009 draft, I always thought Burke was an ass to him. Was never ok with how he snuffed him off and disrespected him.

As someone who has one of his dearest friends as a cancer survivor (while obtaining her LLB at University of Ottawa at the ripe old age of 24), I sincerely hope Bryan spends his remaining days doing what he loves in the game, and spending time with those who love him out of it. Class acts are a rarer and rarer find these days.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
This is such a bummer, that pic of him at the start of that article....

**** me....

People at work suggested I get a Bryan Murray name plate put on my Heritage jersey and everyday I'm thinking it's the right thing to do. Just have to pick a number

Man this is just so god damn sad...

Come on Bryan, we're all with you, you can tough it out until this team turns a corner. Come on!

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
This is such a bummer, that pic of him at the start of that article....

**** me....

People at work suggested I get a Bryan Murray name plate put on my Heritage jersey and everyday I'm thinking it's the right thing to do. Just have to pick a number

Man this is just so god damn sad...

Come on Bryan, we're all with you, you can tough it out until this team turns a corner. Come on!

You should choose 07 as the number.

Murray coaching us to our first stanley cup appearance.

Oct 10, 2010
I'll play this game as well. I have been told Murray is going to ask BUF for permission to talk with Timmy to be our new GM.

Who is going to be right ? lol

Seriously though, sens hockey without Mr.Murray is going to be weird to say the least.
Will always remember him twitching in his private box when the Sens would have great scoring chances in big games.
Obviously him coaching us in the SC finals is a another great memory.
I know in the end it will be a very sad day in Ottawa/NHL when he leaves :(

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I will miss this man tremendously. I know there are a lot of naysayers here who have called him out on various occasions, but the time will come when we realize what he has built. I only wish he is here to see it too. Thank you for all those years Murray, may your retirement be long enough to see this team make noise.

I hope it becomes Anaheim version 2.0, someone comes in and finish what he has built

Murray would be happy to see his beloved team win the Cup before he leaves this world. Hopefully he can hang on a few more years.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
This makes me so sad. If there were one person I could sit down have a beer with and chat hockey, Murray would be my number one choice.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
God the Corvo/Eaves trade pissed me off when it was made. Doesnt look to great in hindsight either

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Corvo was self-defeating by the end of his tenure in Ottawa, and Eaves amounted to little. and Stillman wasn't too bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad