News Article: Murray likely to step down after season, will pick his own successor

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
The future is often exciting right up until it isn't.

Sad on the one side, hopeful excitement on the other.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
I wanna say I hope he spends the rest of his time doing the stuff he loves but I think he already is.

Im assuming it won't be a replacement from within.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I wanna say I hope he spends the rest of his time doing the stuff he loves but I think he already is.

Im assuming it won't be a replacement from within.

It would appear that Dorion and Perry are a bit green for the job, but stranger things have happened. Maybe Alfie can pull a Garth Snow.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
It was the obvious next step, but it's sad to hear it more officially. Murray is a hell of a coach/gm and an even better person. It'll be interesting to see who takes over.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Ray Shero...come on down.

Seriously though, I am right in the middle about Murray's tenure as GM (some good, some bad) but Murray the person has been nothing but a complete class act and a wonderful face of our franchise. I was hoping he'd transition into our team president for many years. Still hope it will happen.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
I've heard a few things from some people on the inside that say Lee has an inside track over Dorian for GM which really threw me off.

Really? I heard that neither are going to be the GM.

Considering Shero is a close family friend of Melynk's and he worked in the org as an assistant GM before he went to Pittsburgh, I'd say he's the favorite.

Not to mention he's been seen sitting in Eugene's owner's box at a handful of games this season.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
I hope he is able to devote more time to his health-maybe get involved in a clinical trial...Paul Henderson has been on a trial that has worked really well in the short term at least.
His voice sounds stronger lately but he looks frail.
Good luck to him.

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
Really? I heard that neither are going to be the GM.

Considering Shero is a close family friend of Melynk's and he worked in the org as an assistant GM before he went to Pittsburgh, I'd say he's the favorite.

Not to mention he's been seen sitting in Eugene's owner's box at a handful of games this season.

I was just talking about between the 2 of them Lee has the inside track. Not meaning he has the inside track over other potential hires.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I hope there is still a place for him in the Sens org, even if it's something as simple as part-time adviser.

A huge element of fighting major illnesses, even if they're terminal, is your attitude towards it, and having something to work towards. I hope Bryan keeps busy if that's what helps him through all of this.

As for his replacement, I know a few of my Usher buddies are saying it'll be Shero, but that's still speculation on their part, regardless of how much closer to the team they are than I am at the moment. That's just their hunch.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Yeah, right. And let's back-fill the A/GM spot with the office receptionist.
Ha-ha that is funny, but seriously Randy Lee has been with the org since almost the beginning and has worked his way up from the Video tech to where is now, and he is really dedicated.

What ever he get's he deserves. :yo:

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I'm not even going to speculate on who the next GM is, I'm just sad that health issues are what is pushing Bryan to move on. I'm sure his family wants to spend more time with him while he is still relatively healthy.

I have no doubt Melnyk will keep him on within the organisation. Murray's been an excellent representative for the Senators in whatever role he's played.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Enjoy the rest of your fine career Mr,Murray. , and please for the love of god don't trade Lehner !!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad