MTS Centre upgrades - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
If you get any guy that's over 6' leaning forward in his chair, it's blocking your view regardless where you're sitting. I'm in section 204 and I had some dude lean forward in his seat the entire game. He was a bigger boy, so his lower back was against the seat back but since he likely was squished into the seat it was probably comfortable to lean forward a little to give some of his bulk room to expand.

I felt like a goalie trying to fight to see the puck through a screen on the penalty kill

You should have slashed him in the back of the legs a few times to let him know you were there :laugh:

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
By that math, it sounds like you should have done what many other upper deck people did and upgraded to Loge... Paying double the price per game for less games overall... Quality > Quantity. Then again hindsight is 20/20.

And if you are lucky enough to have the money to do so, then great, but in my case going from $5,354/yr to $13,096/yr just to get the same view I had when I bought the seats is a bit much.

Sabadecade

Die Hard Jets Fan
May 25, 2012
Winnipeg MB
And if you are lucky enough to have the money to do so, then great, but in my case going from $5,354/yr to $13,096/yr just to get the same view I had when I bought the seats is a bit much.

No no, that's not what I meant, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying to pay up or shut up.

I'm saying that, knowing that the Loge is 2x the price of the P5...
if you go to 4 games instead of 9 like Puck stoppa said he did, then your out of pocket cost is the same (or less)... you just end up going to less games. Hence Quality > Quantity.

The kicker then is convincing a group of people to be with you.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
No no, that's not what I meant, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying to pay up or shut up.

I'm saying that, knowing that the Loge is 2x the price of the P5...
if you go to 4 games instead of 9 like Puck stoppa said he did, then your out of pocket cost is the same (or less)... you just end up going to less games. Hence Quality > Quantity.

The kicker then is convincing a group of people to be with you.

That's a bigger concern to me. I sell half my seats, so if I move I need to know my seat partner will be coming with me. If not, then yeah, trying to find someone to take them from you could be tricky.

Oilkountry

Apr 30, 2015
keep in mind ottawas loge seats (which are terrible) are 11k a season. Edmontons new ones a whopping 15K per season. So at 7k the jets have not only the best veiw but the best value for your $$

Sabadecade

Die Hard Jets Fan
May 25, 2012
Winnipeg MB

Just Ducky

Jan 8, 2012
http://www.winnipegsun.com/2016/03/...roach-to-whether-theyll-be-able-to-see-action

"This really was something we still had responsibility to fix,†Norva Riddell, True North senior v-p of sales and marketing, told the Winnipeg Sun. “It looks amazingly better.â€

So has anyone seen this improvements yet?

Was at the game on Friday- no change yet. My issue remains the metal railings for the loge entrance/exit.
Meh- my attention span is so low at this point - I can wait for the summer when they can attend to this matter.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Friesen spoke to someone in my ticket group, and has used our crappy view in his column earlier in the year. He sat in our seats for five minutes and admitted how crappy our view was of the far end. The new work theyve done is simply making all seamless glass at the bottom of LOGE stairs. It has not helped our view, thre rest of the railings are a worse problem. He could not believe how bad our seats were.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
TNSE seem to be letting greed cloud their judgement with MTSC. I would be pissed if my view become obstructed, I was in 319 until i left Winnipeg. Not sure if the sight lines would have changed for me..

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Yeah, without a picture, this article is a FAIL.

I took a pic, the only difference is at base of LOGE stairs. But our problem is at the entrance of it, the big railings around glass above LOGE and the ralings down the stairs. They just made the bottom glass part seamless of the LOGE. If they don't improve the rest then my view has not improved, which is why Im not holding my breath.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
We dont think its funny, this whole thing is a freakin joke. We can't see the far end. I hope the third fix actually works but Im not holding my breath.

Hey, I feel for you, but that headline reads like it was written by Google translate.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Friesen spoke to someone in my ticket group, and has used our crappy view in his column earlier in the year. He sat in our seats for five minutes and admitted how crappy our view was of the far end. The new work theyve done is simply making all seamless glass at the bottom of LOGE stairs. It has not helped our view, thre rest of the railings are a worse problem. He could not believe how bad our seats were.

May not be the greatest article, but it is the truth. What I don't like is TNSE is saying that their fixes are "amazingly better", which may be true for some people, but definitely won't help everyone. I agree with the comments in the article as I also sit behind the net and the problem is the people in the loge seats block the view of the close net. I actually went and sat in the same row and seat, but on the side of the rink instead of behind, and the view of the net is better. Sure there is some blocking of the play along the boards, but you can see the goals.

Sabadecade

Die Hard Jets Fan
May 25, 2012
Winnipeg MB

I took a pic, the only difference is at base of LOGE stairs. But our problem is at the entrance of it, the big railings around glass above LOGE and the ralings down the stairs. They just made the bottom glass part seamless of the LOGE. If they don't improve the rest then my view has not improved, which is why Im not holding my breath.

Sounds like you're back to what you had before the loges were put in. Similar to the picture below without the red "new obstruction"

picture.php

One could argue the view has actually improved from before the loges were put in since a large piece of railing is now missing to allow entrance into the loge.

Next, I would hope that this summer, they move to seamless glass wherever the old railing is left as well.

Sabadecade

Die Hard Jets Fan
May 25, 2012
Winnipeg MB
OK, here are some pictures I took last night...
They're not from a seat but from concourse entrance...

With Additional Railings, that were added in summer 2015 (Sec 314 appox.)
picture.php

Railings removed to be more equivalent to what the view was in 2014 (Sec 315 appox.)
picture.php

Last edited:

Oilkountry

Apr 30, 2015
okay i mean thats not bad

but does it really help this guy?

jets_view-700x400.jpg

this wouldnt even be a problem if they didnt cheap out in the first place and ran the seemless right to the staire cases instead of reusing the existing rails
Loge-seating-300x200.jpg

a thorough glass project will be implemented throughout the MTS Centre. Where code and safety allows, steel mesh and sight-obstruction steel posts will be replaced with seamless glass throughout the venue.

Maybe we will see this on the off season

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad