MTS Centre upgrades - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Romang, Romang I need you to ban silver here. Not like the trough, somebody has to back me up on this one.

As efficient and nostalgic as the trough is, the overwhelming smell of urine is a bit of a deal breaker.

Also, Romang cannot be pro-trough. He's Swedish, they're classy!

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
As efficient and nostalgic as the trough is, the overwhelming smell of urine is a bit of a deal breaker.

Also, Romang cannot be pro-trough. He's Swedish, they're classy!

While I won't raise any contentions regarding the comments about the aroma in the old barn, I'd hardly suggest that the aroma isn't present in the new building by the second intermission. That ain't spilled beer on the ground at that point.

But I'm going to back EastRiver here; surely trough technology has improved sufficiently to have some sort of odor capture technology incorporated. Bring back the trough! :yo:

EastRiver

Jul 1, 2012
Canada
While I won't raise any contentions regarding the comments about the aroma in the old barn, I'd hardly suggest that the aroma isn't present in the new building by the second intermission. That ain't spilled beer on the ground at that point.

But I'm going to back EastRiver here; surely trough technology has improved sufficiently to have some sort of odor capture technology incorporated. Bring back the trough! :yo:

Here here. Bring back the trough, don't bring back Romang as mod. :sarcasm:

Arm rests would be awful. Imagine how disgusting they would get.

Yeah, what a dumb idea silver.

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
I was going to suggest they install a shelf to put the Stanley Cup on but that trough with armrest idea has me thinking.

Yep, here's the plan:

1. Bring back the trough.
2. Install armrests.
3. ???
4. Profit.

m.

Analyst365

Oct 24, 2011
Victoria
I would just settle for a trough. Quite frankly I think trough's should be mandatory in all male bathroom at all arenas/stadiums.

For those that support the trough I ask: have you ever used one while wearing shorts?

There's nothing like feeling the fine mist of your fellow fans' urine splashing off the trough and onto your bare legs.

And I am not talking about a rogue stream here, there is a lot of misting with these troughs. No surprise it was warmer locales where these were removed first.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
For those that support the trough I ask: have you ever used one while wearing shorts?

There's nothing like feeling the fine mist of your fellow fans' urine splashing off the trough and onto your bare legs.

And I am not talking about a rogue stream here, there is a lot of misting with these troughs. No surprise it was warmer locales where these were removed first.

How about trough 2.0? We invent a mist/fog reduction system that keeps us all dry! If we can put a man on the moon why can't we stop another mans mist from dampening my arm hair!!! Who's with me?

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

Agree with you here, no need for the warm mist of other people's urine. In the upper deck the washroom lines are so quick any way you can hit the washroom, grab a beer and still have 10 minutes to check the intermission chatter around here.

Sabadecade

Die Hard Jets Fan
May 25, 2012
Winnipeg MB
Not yet. I was at blink-182 on Thursday.

Blink-182 on July 7th seems to have been the last event on at MTS Centre until the Tragically Hip on August 5th. This gives them almost an entire month to retrofit the seat covers and paint the walls etc. before the next event.
Anyone going to the Tragically Hip might get the first preview of the new MTS Centre.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Agree with you here, no need for the warm mist of other people's urine. In the upper deck the washroom lines are so quick any way you can hit the washroom, grab a beer and still have 10 minutes to check the intermission chatter around here.

Which is absolutely civilized. But for those of us in the 100/200 level that isn't the case. They've done nothing to address the issue in five years.

I'm being facetious about the trough. I just take my intermission money over to Tavern United. I tell TNSE this each year in the season ticket holder survey. I don't have any problem buying beer in MTS Centre (I'm not happy about the price but I'd be happy to pay the price if I could have the same experience as you describe above - I actually don't want to leave the building) but I can do the same at Tavern and probably faster than you can at the 300 level. If I'm using Tavern's washroom I feel it is a reasonable thing to purchase a beer rather than to exploit the locale for the washroom only. And hey, if I'm saving half off the price of beer, so be it, that's money out of TNSE's pocket.

I'd really rather help support the team through the purchase of concessions on site but until TNSE does something to help the situation, Tavern gets my money.

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
Which is absolutely civilized. But for those of us in the 100/200 level that isn't the case. They've done nothing to address the issue in five years.

I'm being facetious about the trough. I just take my intermission money over to Tavern United. I tell TNSE this each year in the season ticket holder survey. I don't have any problem buying beer in MTS Centre (I'm not happy about the price but I'd be happy to pay the price if I could have the same experience as you describe above - I actually don't want to leave the building) but I can do the same at Tavern and probably faster than you can at the 300 level. If I'm using Tavern's washroom I feel it is a reasonable thing to purchase a beer rather than to exploit the locale for the washroom only. And hey, if I'm saving half off the price of beer, so be it, that's money out of TNSE's pocket.

I'd really rather help support the team through the purchase of concessions on site but until TNSE does something to help the situation, Tavern gets my money.

TBH I'm surprised that TN hasn't pulled a "Blue Bomber" and prohibited exit / re-entry to prevent that kind of thing. Given the contempt that the fans have been treated with on other occasions I suspect that this situation is an oversight. Best we keep quiet about our intermission activities lest they shut us down...

m.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
TBH I'm surprised that TN hasn't pulled a "Blue Bomber" and prohibited exit / re-entry to prevent that kind of thing. Given the contempt that the fans have been treated with on other occasions I suspect that this situation is an oversight. Best we keep quiet about our intermission activities lest they shut us down...

m.

Probably because a large number of people also go to the Shark Club for Beer in the intermission and the team owns that location.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat

m.

Probably because a large number of people also go to the Shark Club for Beer in the intermission and the team owns that location.

It's much simpler. Smoking.

Provincial by-laws prohibit indoor smoking anywhere. Perhaps there's an option for a highly vented indoor space allowed but I can't see TNSE dedicating precious/premium space for that. So they have to let those people outside. Smoking rates still stand around 20% nationally (though I suspect they're a bit lower at Jets games but even at 10% that's 1500 really cranky people) so it's significant enough to have to allow for it.

The Bombers on the other hand have a way around it because they do have dedicated and designated smoking spots associated with the outdoor venue. I never would have thought they would but we stumbled upon one at the pre-season game I attended. So the Bombers don't have any reason to let anyone out.

Analyst365

Oct 24, 2011
Victoria

Don't do the bolded, or TNSE will buy the Tavern, limit the choices, and jack up the prices :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad