Confirmed with Link: MTL/WSH/CHI Lars Eller for two 2nd round picks. Two 2nd round picks for Andrew Shaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

David_99

Jan 16, 2005
Moncton, NB
ClwSazVWIAIJ1XF.jpg:large

ModryJazyk

Go Hawks !
Feb 22, 2010
Bratislava
Another Hawks player who'll be overpaid a la Bickell, Bollard etc. DD keeps his place and we get 2 later 2nd round picks? Sideways at best, stupid and useless at worst.

I was expecting better. MB continues his mediocre tenure.

Shaw is opposite of lazy, useless Bickell.Bickell would have been traded away even at 1/4 his cap hit, but Hawks would keep Shaw if they can afford keep him.

Cg_Il5tq_Uk_AE3f_Tn_jpg_large.jpg

Last edited:

Mad Brills*

again, I like shaw, but jesus that contract will bite the habs in the ass within 2 years.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I like Shaw, but 2 second rounders and he's RFA wanting $4.5... He does make guys like Brown and Matteau disposable.

nyhabsfan

Jun 23, 2005
Connecticut
I was so excited the first season with MB at the helm.... my confidence continues to wain with MT and DD on the team and still NOT addressing scoring.
He's going to need a massive UFA signing period to restore my faith.

I'm tired of Price (God Love Him) saving our bacon on a nightly basis!

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I'd beware on Shaw. He played on one of the best teams in the league and got PP time with world class talent. He is a bottom 6 forward whom you should never give big contracts too.

Ladd, Byfuglien, Sharp.......guess they shouldn't have given these guys big salaries, they were only good because of the Hawks core :sarcasm:

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Shaw is basically a Gallagher type of player. With this trade I don't expect Weise to be back, at least I hope not because he need a top 6 winger .

Huge huge fan of Shaw (major major playoff warrior/winner...major).

Imo, he's (kind of) a combination of Gallagher and Weise (TWO other playoff warriors/winners).

Also, I really hope they re-sign Weise...the more the merrier (playoff winners/warriors.....PK Subban, Shaw, Gallagher, Weise, Mitchell...all playoff winners/warriors...players who are hungry for a cup).

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
3rd liner for a 3rd liner...albeit one who will get a ton more money for intangibles. Shaw does a little of everything but put him on a much worse team and ???

The good news is this is one less excuse. This is the team Bergevin and Therrien put together, no excuses.

badbrains

Well Oiled Tank
Feb 1, 2016
ET
Shaw is opposite of lazy, useless Bickell.Bickell would have been traded away even at 1/4 his cap hit, but Hawks would keep Shaw if they can afford keep him.

Not knocking Shaw as a player. Just pointing out that he will get top 6 money for bottom 6 production. He's a complimentary piece, not a difference maker.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
The more I read about this trade the more agitated I get.
Another smallish 3rd liner who will be over paid while giving up both our 2nd rounders...what the fudge?

prairie hab

Jul 4, 2007
SK
There is not a move this franchise can make without 90% of these boards ******** all over it and having all the answers.

Shaw is twice the player Eller ever was or will be. Lament all you want about cost - this is a move to help win now as many wanted.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
There is not a move this franchise can make without 90% of these boards ******** all over it and having all the answers.

Shaw is twice the player Eller ever was or will be. Lament all you want about cost - this is a move to help win now as many wanted.

How much should he be paid?

Jay Wolf

Jun 14, 2011
I like Shaw's feistiness and cup rings. Can play C and W. I don't get how he's worth 2 2nds, however. I always liked Eller, but 2 2nds for him is a decent return.

It's all so confusing. Seems like lateral movement to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad