Confirmed with Link: MTL/WSH/CHI Lars Eller for two 2nd round picks. Two 2nd round picks for Andrew Shaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
I like Shaw but i wonder how quickly some will turn on him and question character and leadership when he costs MTL a game when he does something stupid.

Halakitlikethat

Oct 10, 2013
British Columbia
Based on what? Point production? Possession numbers?
Because in terms of character and leadership, there are not on the same planet. That's the difference between Shaw and Eller, and it's a huge one.

I agree Shaw will make this team more difficult to play against. Eller ran his course at this point and I appreciate what he did for this team but we need to be tougher to play against. We folded when the going got tough last season. I would hope Mb isn't finished, we need one more winger still. Lets see what happens July 1st.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I like Shaw but i wonder how quickly some will turn on him and question character and leadership when he costs MTL a game when he does something stupid.

I wonder how he doing to look playing with Mtl 3 line Mtl top 6 vs. Chicago top 6 it won't be the same game... I remember J. Staal looking awsome behind Crosby and Malkin... Also I don't doubt that he is a spark plug out there but leadership? Again he was behind guy like Toews, shaw bring expirence more than leadership...

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I totally allow for the possibility that he's a "what you see is what you get" player and that's totally fair. Even in that case he gives quality production on the 3rd line. I would however take issue to signing him for 6/7 years. Anything over 4 seems excessive to me.

If he stays healthy, he's a pricey but useful 3rd line W who can play up in spot duty.

Nice to have, but not ideal considering our top 6 talent gap, org depth in bottom 6 assets & cap situation... Not to mention downgrading from Eller to DD/Danault as our 3rd line C.

Is what it is now, not Shaw's fault the deal happened as it did... Hope he works very well & signs a reasonable deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad