Confirmed with Link: [MTL/VGK] Nick Cousins to Vegas for a 2021 4th Round Pick

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City
So we pretty much give away 3 players for nothing as the Habs can't draft impact players with mid round picks anyways.

Not that I care. I'm actually glad I wont get to watch Cousins on the PP anymore.

Not that I care about that either since I didnt plan to watch another game this year anyways lol.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Well I guess it's time to pilfer Laval and rush some young players. Evans belongs in Laval but now we have to replace Thompson with him.
At least Cousins in gone.

Tomorrow against Vancouver we ice a lottery contending team.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
The same people complaining that all we’ve received today is mid round picks are the ones who would be complaining if we didn’t make any moves. Like what do you expect for bottom 6 players lol
I don't think people are complaining so much about the picks as they realize who'll be making the picks: MB's mentally handicapped brother from another mother.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
The same people complaining that all we’ve received today is mid round picks are the ones who would be complaining if we didn’t make any moves. Like what do you expect for bottom 6 players lol

Crosby or McDavid at least. We are talking about Nick Cousins. MB should of gotten at least one of those 2.

But in all seriousness MB turned money and a 4th (which we might get back) into draft picks.

Signed Cousins and Signed Ilya and traded for extra 3rd and 4th. Traded a 4th for Scandella and got back a 2nd and possible 4th.

Isn't this what people wanted, sign plug UFA's and turn them into picks?

Patccmoi

Aug 11, 2010

Pretty sure they expected trades not involving ONLY bottom 6 players? I have see very few people here claiming we're on the right track and all that we really need is to make some minor bottom 6 trades because we're likely to be contender next year.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Jul 6, 2016
Another puzzling, meaningless trade for mid draft picks..... All future AHL and ECHL level players at best.

Making room for Evans, Vejdemo and Poehling, I guess.....

Maybe the trade deadline is NOT the best time to get real good players. But Vegas got Robin Lehner, a darn good goalie that would had been a tremendous backup for Price.

Barclay Goodrow for a first rounder... This one is comical,though

Habs lines next game:

Tatar-Danault-Gally
Drouin-Suzuki-Armia
Lehkonen-Domi-Byron
Evans-Weal-Weise

Last edited:

Patccmoi

Aug 11, 2010
Crosby or McDavid at least. We are talking about Nick Cousins. MB should of gotten at least one of those 2.

But in all seriousness MB turned money and a 4th (which we might get back) into draft picks.

Signed Cousins and Signed Ilya and traded for extra 3rd and 4th. Traded a 4th for Scandella and got back a 2nd and possible 4th.

This is all fine and good. People aren't complaining that he traded some UFAs for 4th round picks. It's that he ONLY traded some UFAs for 4th round picks when there was clear signs of a very good sellers market.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas

Actually what people want is for management to try and build a contending team, not play musical draft picks at the deadline.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad