Proposal: MTL-VAN or MTL-STL (MTL taking a cap dump)

Status
Not open for further replies.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Well what about Jake Allen. Also if thier is not a market for bozak then why is he in trade rumors for edm. Also a 2/3 c putting up 30 40 pts. And is defensively sound defiantly is a need for some teams. If anything he is over paid by .5 to 1 mil. To say he has negative value is just wrong. We can also just buy him out.
You’re comparing apples to bananas. Most teams are playing two goalies extensively. Allen has plenty of value in a platoon scenario where he’ll get 25+ starts a year.

No one needs a 34 year old 4C making 5mm AAV. Any trade for Bozak has a contract going back to St Louis you won’t like.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
You’re comparing apples to bananas. Most teams are playing two goalies extensively. Allen has plenty of value in a platoon scenario where he’ll get 25+ starts a year.

No one needs a 34 year old 4C making 5mm AAV. Any trade for Bozak has a contract going back to St Louis you won’t like.

First of all he is a 2c/3c
Second of all you only discount allen because it proves you wrong
Third of all blues will not be taking any contracts back.
Finally your just plain wrong

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
You’re sorely mistaken if you think there is a big market for Bozak. There is zero market for him if the Lou doesn’t take back a not desirable contract from another team.

your options with Bozak are two. Keep him or trade him for another teams bad contract. That’s it. There is no deal for futures. No deal for better players on a better contract.

Bozak, just like Ian Cole, is a negative value contract.

no It wasn’t. Totally different scenario.

Allen is solid goalie. Nice player and reasonable contract. He’ll start 20+ games for Montreal.

Bozak is an aging overpaid bottom six winger. There is NO market for this. Teams want ELCs and younger players in this role.

You're all over the place. In one post, Bozak is a 4C, in another he's a bottom 6 winger...both of these are wrong, but it speaks to just how out of touch you are on this matter.

Since coming to St. Louis, Bozak has been a middle 6 center (primarily 3C) good for ~35 points. He can slide up and down the line up temporarily playing 2C or wing if necessary. He has been very responsible defensively, even playing significant PK minutes. He is absolutely money on the faceoff dot and in the shootout. Bozak is not a 4th liner, players on the 4th line do not score ~35 points

I fundamentally disagree with your assessment that Bozak is a negative value contract. However, for the sake of argument, let's say you're right - he has negative value and there is no market for him. The Blue still have plenty of options including: happily keeping him and look to clear cap elsewhere, retaining on his one year contract for a better trade return, buying out his one year contract, ect.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis

Allen is solid goalie. Nice player and reasonable contract. He’ll start 20+ games for Montreal.

Bozak is an aging overpaid bottom six winger. There is NO market for this. Teams want ELCs and younger players in this role.
You mean like kerfoot... he played worse than bozak...

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Even if St. Louis couldn't get someone to give them a mid-round draft pick for Bozak, which I think they can, the buyout is still a better option for them than paying another team to take him unless it's to get value out of someone like Parayko because they're going to do what they can to keep Pietrangelo.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
First of all he is a 2c/3c
Second of all you only discount allen because it proves you wrong
Third of all blues will not be taking any contracts back.
Finally your just plain wrong

What a joke. A 29 point 2C. He’s a 2C on the worst team in the AHL maybe. Bozak just laid an egg in the bubble too. Zero NHL teams want him as their 2C taking up 5mm in cap space.

you guys are the jokers making up a straw man in Allen. Allen fetched a modest return because he is modestly valuable platoon goalie.

Bozak is a negative value asset. Enjoy losing Petro. Because you have zero chance of trading Bozak unless you’re attaching value assets like high picks or good prospects. Or you take back a bad contract. In other words, he’s all yours to take $5mm of your cap space and play 2C for you. Lol.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
You mean like kerfoot... he played worse than bozak...
lol. And Kerfoot makes a lot less and I hear of no teams wanting to acquire him either. A younger, less expensive C that had the same points as Bozak this season. And a much better playoff form.

And Kerfoot ain’t exactly some hot trade commodity either.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
You're all over the place. In one post, Bozak is a 4C, in another he's a bottom 6 winger...both of these are wrong, but it speaks to just how out of touch you are on this matter.

Since coming to St. Louis, Bozak has been a middle 6 center (primarily 3C) good for ~35 points. He can slide up and down the line up temporarily playing 2C or wing if necessary. He has been very responsible defensively, even playing significant PK minutes. He is absolutely money on the faceoff dot and in the shootout. Bozak is not a 4th liner, players on the 4th line do not score ~35 points

I fundamentally disagree with your assessment that Bozak is a negative value contract. However, for the sake of argument, let's say you're right - he has negative value and there is no market for him. The Blue still have plenty of options including: happily keeping him and look to clear cap elsewhere, retaining on his one year contract for a better trade return, buying out his one year contract, ect.

Then keep him. Let him play 3C and score his 35 points while hoarding $5mm in cap space for a cap strapped team. That is your only realistic option because zero rebuilding teams want a 35 point 34 year old 3C making $5mm. ZERO. And no average to good teams have the cap space or a 3C as mediocre as Bozak they’d need to pay $5mm and actually give St Louis anything of value for that pleasure.

You have zero realistic trade partners for Bozak that take him for futures. Unless those futures are attached to Bozak going to the other team.

so keep or buyout. There are your options on Bozak.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

LOL. Allen was absolutely viewed as someone we'd have to pay to get rid of.

Reactions: SwivelSchwartz

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
LOL. Allen was absolutely viewed as someone we'd have to pay to get rid of.
By morons that don’t know hockey.

There is a need for goalies in the nhl that can platoon and give a team 25+ starts a season. Allen is a rental with a reasonable AAV and history of solid play. And let’s not get crazy. You got a 3rd round pick for the guy. Not some bonanza. Most 3rd round picks never make an impact in the NHL. But Montreal has a real need for him so he had enough value to be traded for modest futures.

Bozak. Not one team in the NHL needs him to take 5mm in cap space to be their 3C, 2C or 4C. Or middle six winger. Any of it. Unless st Louis sweetens that pot.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Bozak has 1 year left at $5M, it's not like he's signed for 4 more years. He won't fetch much if he's traded and maybe the Blues need to add a sweetener or retain, but they are most certainly not adding a high pick or a prospect like Kostin to deal him.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
He really said that? Gosh.
I didn't hear him say that this off season. When he made the trade and re-signed Sutter to a deal that everyone was saying was too much he stated that Sutter was a "foundational piece". If he doubled down and said it again I didn't hear it.

Mark Kandy

Habcoolic
Jul 22, 2014
Montreal
I mean, you guys paid for Allen...

Yep, Habs paid for a decent #2 goalie that will be able to play 25 good hockey games. A goalie that just registered insane stats: 2.15 / ,927 in 24 regular season games and 1.89 / ,935 in 5 postseason games. He raised his value this season.

The price was only a late 3rd round pick that was acquired for free when we flipped Ilya Kovalchuk.

#2 goalie was a BIG need for the Habs and for a while now. Happy Bergevin paid a 3rd to get that done.

But we talk about Bozak here. 31 points in 75 games at 34 years old. For freaking 5,000,000$. I don't think a GM in this league would pay anything to get him. But I think the Blues GM would pay something to get rid of his 5M$ cap hit and be able to sign Pietrangelo and Dunn who are both really important to the team.

But I could be wrong. I am a fan. Not saying I hold the universal truth.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Then keep him. Let him play 3C and score his 35 points while hoarding $5mm in cap space for a cap strapped team. That is your only realistic option because zero rebuilding teams want a 35 point 34 year old 3C making $5mm. ZERO. And no average to good teams have the cap space or a 3C as mediocre as Bozak they’d need to pay $5mm and actually give St Louis anything of value for that pleasure.

You have zero realistic trade partners for Bozak that take him for futures. Unless those futures are attached to Bozak going to the other team.

so keep or buyout. There are your options on Bozak.
Lol. Ok, sure McJedi.

Based on your posts in this thread you are CLEARLY the expert on Bozak, his market value, and the Blues options so there’s no point in arguing otherwise.

SwivelSchwartz

May 14, 2019

Want to make a bet on it? You seem pretty confident about a guy you don’t even know what position he plays.

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
Lots of good escrow sites out there that hold the money and guarantee payouts based on bets. Make it happen.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Lol. Ok, sure McJedi.

Based on your posts in this thread you are CLEARLY the expert on Bozak, his market value, and the Blues options so there’s no point in arguing otherwise.
Go ahead and name me two teams. Just two you think would trade for Bozak, I’ll be glad to have my mind changed. Otherwise, you’re just pissing into the wind trying to solve your teams cap crunch.

what we both really know is that you’re losing one of Dunn or Petro with no way to replace him. The Faulk deal was a mistake that will have roster consequences that hurt.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Go ahead and name me two teams. Just two you think would trade for Bozak, I’ll be glad to have my mind changed. Otherwise, you’re just pissing into the wind trying to solve your teams cap crunch.

what we both really know is that you’re losing one of Dunn or Petro with no way to replace him. The Faulk deal was a mistake that will have roster consequences that hurt.

Are you bhurt over something. Not sure why you are so aggressive on this one. Just so you know bozak has been linked to edm and tor and a few others. Who knows

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Are you bhurt over something. Not sure why you are so aggressive on this one. Just so you know bozak has been linked to edm and tor and a few others. Who knows
Sure. With Neal coming back to you. Just enjoy having your 34 year old 2C at $5mm AAV play out the end of his contract in st. Louis. He’s all yours.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Sure. With Neal coming back to you. Just enjoy having your 34 year old 2C at $5mm AAV play out the end of his contract in st. Louis. He’s all yours.
No not at all. I'm not making this sheet up. The hockey writers and sports analyst are. Its very apparent that oilers need a very strong 3c without term. We will take your 3rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad