Confirmed with Link: [MTL/TB] Sergachev + cond. 2nd (2018) for Drouin + cond. 6th

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Anyways, just to show that a good prospect pool will get you some good players, something Bergy did not have at his disposal in 2012.

Hard to catch fish when you have no bait

We probably have the worst prospect pool in the league after this trade.

Our top prospect is ****ing Noah Juulsen

Reactions: le_sean

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Fair enough...but 'hoping' Galchenyuk does the job at center and not addressing the fact they need another top 6 center even if Galchenyuk pans out there

Is hardly fixing everything

But I agree with you...I don't think they're that far off

That's why I've been frustrated. The team hasn't been missing many pieces for a few years now. What bothers me more is that I don't we'd have to be in a rush to win now mode had we still had Subban on the backend.

Anyway, still feel the same way I felt 4 years ago, Habs need one winger (which they now acquired), one centre and one other top 4 puck moving D man.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I'm just happy they got him for really long term at an acceptable cap hit. Should bring down Galchenyuk's ask too, even if they're considering trading him.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
If Sergachev doesnt play his 40 games because of injuries, do we still lost our 2nd round?

I was wondering that too but please don't tell me he's injured. lol.

The 40 games also include the playoffs. So should he only play 36 regular season games, but plays 4 playoff games, he reached the 40 games and Habs get their 2nd back.

Only 12 games to go lol

Coincidentally, if he plays every game, his 40th game is in Montreal against Habs.

Reactions: DramaticGloveSave

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
If Sergachev doesnt play his 40 games because of injuries, do we still lost our 2nd round?

As long as he is on the roster, it still counts. The 41 game mark is important because that's when TB loses an extra RFA year on him. The 9 game mark burns the first year of his rookie contract, but the 41 games burns a professional year towards free agency.

He doesn't have to play 41 games, just be on the roster for it. If TB keeps him past 41 games then they're keeping him for the whole year.

Why is he injured?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
As long as he is on the roster, it still counts. The 41 game mark is important because that's when TB loses an extra RFA year on him. The 9 game mark burns the first year of his rookie contract, but the 41 games burns a professional year towards free agency.

He doesn't have to play 41 games, just be on the roster for it. If TB keeps him past 41 games then they're keeping him for the whole year.

Why is he injured?

So he doesn't need to play? If he's a healthy scratch or injured but not placed on IR, the games count on the 40?

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal

Why is he injured?

Are you sure about this? I am fairly certain that if a player completes what the NHL considers "Professional Experience" (10 NHL games during their ELC) they start the clock towards 7 NHL seasons before UFA. Sergachev will be a UFA at 26 years old, whether or not he completes 41 games this season. Unless I have misunderstood the complicated NHL rules.

As for the other part of your claim, it doesn't really make much sense the way you explained it. Being on the roster means nothing if he doesn't play. Case in point are group VI UFAs.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Of course he has to play the games. Tampa doesn't care about losing that pick now... it's not even a consideration the way Sergachev is helping their team. They have Cup aspirations. They will not restrict the development of a good young defenceman in order to keep a pick in the 50s that has a low chance of panning out. According to Cap Friendly he just has to play 40+ games in the regular season and playoffs combined. As long as he doesn't get a season ending injury soon we'll keep that pick.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
How does an expansion team in Florida build a franchise with 5x the prospects, depth, scoring and success as the CH? Oh right, ownership.

When you are handed a billion dollar company, and team, I guess you never really had to work at anything so you just say 'f*** it' and live the life.

Thanks Geoff.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Are you sure about this? I am fairly certain that if a player completes what the NHL considers "Professional Experience" (10 NHL games during their ELC) they start the clock towards 7 NHL seasons before UFA. Sergachev will be a UFA at 26 years old, whether or not he completes 41 games this season. Unless I have misunderstood the complicated NHL rules.

As for the other part of your claim, it doesn't really make much sense the way you explained it. Being on the roster means nothing if he doesn't play. Case in point are group VI UFAs.
The ELC threshold is different than the UFA threshold is my understanding.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
How does an expansion team in Florida build a franchise with 5x the prospects, depth, scoring and success as the CH? Oh right, ownership.

When you are handed a billion dollar company, and team, I guess you never really had to work at anything so you just say '**** it' and live the life.

Thanks Geoff.

They started off with a rebuild, we started off with a retool.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto

That's wrong. Other guy had it right...10 game mark is for ELC contract, 41 is the big one that would take him to UFA a year sooner.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
The ELC threshold is different than the UFA threshold is my understanding.

Why is he injured?

You're both right:

"Accrued Season" means any League Year during which a Player was on a
Club's Active Roster for 40 (30 if the Player is a goalie) or more Regular Season Games,
provided that, for the purposes of calculating an Accrued Season under this Agreement, games
missed due to a hockey-related injury incurred while on a Club's Active Roster shall count as
games played for purposes of calculating an Accrued Season but only during the League Year in
which the injury was incurred and a maximum of one additional season.

"Active Roster" shall be determined as follows: Commencing on the day prior to
the start of the Regular Season, and concluding with each respective Club's last NHL Game in a
League Year, Active Roster shall include all Players on a Club's Reserve List who are signed to
an approved and registered SPC, subject to the provisions of Article 11, and who are not on the
Injured Reserve List, Injured Non-Roster, designated Non-Roster, or Loaned. A Player who is on
a Conditioning Loan is included on a Club's Active Roster. During Training Camp, a Player shall
be deemed to be on the Club's Active Roster only if he had been on the Club's Active Roster
after the Trade Deadline in the preceding season on other than an emergency recall basis.

The injury part is still fairly unclear from the CBA wording.

Puck Luck Run Amok

Oct 26, 2012
The void
Honestly I wish I could afford to fly to Montreal and throw my old Subban jersey on the ice during the game. This club is an embarrassment at every level especially ownership. I have to say, hate is a strong word but I really freaking hate what Geoff and his cronies have done to this team

Reactions: TRG and Tyson

MisterNoItAll

Oct 21, 2017
As of now, we lost this trade. Sergachev looks pretty promising. Drouin is overrated, he's not going to be better than what he already is now. This was a PR trade, likely demanded by Molson. "Look fans, we got another Quebecois player for you!" The irony is, the majority of Habs fans just want a winner, regardless of the heritage of the players.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
As of now, we lost this trade. Sergachev looks pretty promising. Drouin is overrated, he's not going to be better than what he already is now. This was a PR trade, likely demanded by Molson. "Look fans, we got another Quebecois player for you!" The irony is, the majority of Habs fans just want a winner, regardless of the heritage of the players.
So Drouin at 22 won't get any better.... ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce