Confirmed with Link: [MTL/TB] Sergachev + cond. 2nd (2018) for Drouin + cond. 6th

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Anyways, just to show that a good prospect pool will get you some good players, something Bergy did not have at his disposal in 2012.

Hard to catch fish when you have no bait

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
If you sign Radu, you trade Galchy for 1C. You can add Lindgren too. You can add our 1st rounder this year and next year if people think we will be worst next year. You can add Gallagher if you need to. You could add Juulsen if other teams are high on him. Some teams might love Mete. If you somehow decide to use Drouin at C...maybe you can get Bryan Little as your #2C. Yeah, smaller players...THIS IS NOT A PERFECT TEAM. But the ideal is to improve. If Drouin looks great at C, and Little, this is better than Danault/Plekanec. You could go Elias Lindholm for the Canes. You CANNOT get Malkin, Scheifele, Getzlaf and all those real #1 C, so you need to get guys that could potential play that role on a team that actually has to use Danault and Plekanec as your #1 and #2C. Can you be perfect? Nope. Can you improve. You are ****ing right you can. AS OF NOW, we improved. You hate to see that Drouin is a winger? Fine. But he'll be the playmaker that centers usually are.

Withh Drouin on board now is the time to move Max. He is the most valuable piece. Weber is ready to be captain. If we can get a good C for Max or maybe a C and D for Max and 1st/prospect go for it. Last playoffs showed that Max time has come for me. Not even 1 goal in that series.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Really pains me to not see Sergachev, he's gonna be something special but not before in three years at least. Habs have the makeup of a team that wants to win now(given the age, etc...).

Drouin also is really the most talented french forward we've had since Damphoose, that was ages ago. I'm not saying he'll be gangbusters though he has the swager and talent that was needed in this club. I think he's gonna replace Chucky who will be dealt for a center or a left D. We need both.

Still I wonder if we wouldn't have been better off signing him to an offer sheet? You only give away draft picks and you still have Sergachev to dangle.

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
Anyways, just to show that a good prospect pool will get you some good players, something Bergy did not have at his disposal in 2012.

I can catch a fish on a plain hook no bait...............its all about the action.

habsterr

Jan 5, 2014
Edmonton

It's hard when you don't go to the store and buy bait. (Draft/development)

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I don't think the Habs are that far off. I think it's realistic to get a puck moving D, while hoping Galchenyuk fills the hole at centre.

Fair enough...but 'hoping' Galchenyuk does the job at center and not addressing the fact they need another top 6 center even if Galchenyuk pans out there

Is hardly fixing everything

But I agree with you...I don't think they're that far off

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I do that deal in a hearbeat! Don't think COL does. I would even consider swapping McKinnon for Duchene.

Now that you got Drouin for 6 years,,,,no Duchene..

Ya try for MacKinnion no questions asked...

Maybe the Habs trade Price to the AVS in a mega MacKinnion deal. who knows...Bergy got big bhalls

..trade for Halak with NYI shouldn't take much

Last edited:

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
While Drouin had his issues, don't forget the (small) roller coaster we had with Sergachev...
So happy with drafting him, to learn he was homesick the year before.
Dominated his league pre-draft.
After being sent back to Juniors, rough start.
Finally got back to being very good for the second half of the season.
Tough playoffs for his team, eliminated early.
Won the Memorial Cup as Cup Hosts

I think he will be a very good PMD long-term, but it will take time. Happy with the trade, as it could be win-win for both teams.
Still looking for a young/prospect PMD though with Subban and Sergachev away now (I'm still good with Subban trade, don't want to resume the debate)

HabsSlappy

Jul 30, 2005
Ontario
Withh Drouin on board now is the time to move Max. He is the most valuable piece. Weber is ready to be captain. If we can get a good C for Max or maybe a C and D for Max and 1st/prospect go for it. Last playoffs showed that Max time has come for me. Not even 1 goal in that series.

This is exactly my thinking. Weber is the real captain and a high scoring winger doesn't win you anything. Time to move Patches + Beaulieu + 1st for a legit centre or a very good centre and a defenseman.

Tavares
Hanifin+Lindholm
Brodin + Coyle
MacKinnon
Duscene + ?

Keep Galchenyuk. Expose Emelin, Plekanec and Shaw. Protect Hudon. Time to chop some dead wood and build a real team.

Drouin was a great step in the right direction.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Yeah...fix everything

Have the only perfect team come October

Seems realistic

Waste years for nothing because being a GM is hard!

We don't want a perfect team: we want to contend. You want to move towards maybe one day being able to contend.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton

We don't want a perfect team: we want to contend. You want to move towards maybe one day being able to contend.

I think this trade is a move in that direction, don't you? Not the best day for MB memes when he pulls off a move like this.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
WOW,

I absolutely hate losing Sergachev but I was pounding the table for Drouin ( my pitch was 3 team deal involving Patches ). We needed a big skill upgrade and we got it.

I really do not think we should trade Chucky. If Drouin is our 1C then Chucky is at wing and we have deep scoring depth. Patches is who I would move. Chucky right not is just 23 and we could sign him long term to a $5.5M deal is my guess. In 2 years Patches is 30 and looking for $7.5M-$8.0M.

Trade Patches and Beaulieu for Brodin , Coyle and ?. We could also try Coyle at C.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

I'm just realistic....you better get back to winning that Cup on your ps4

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I think this trade is a move in that direction, don't you? Not the best day for MB memes when he pulls off a move like this.

I do. This little skirmish is an offshoot of a previous row between me and 417. We agree on the things that need to be fixed. He seems to think that we should not expect these things to be fixed immediately (before this year's playoffs). He's never offered an explanation for why we should plan to enter the playoffs with major unanswered questions in our lineup.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I do. This little skirmish is an offshoot of a previous row between me and 417. We agree on the things that need to be fixed. He seems to think that we should not expect these things to be fixed immediately (before this year's playoffs). He's never offered an explanation for why we should plan to enter the playoffs with major unanswered questions in our lineup.

understood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce