Proposal: MTL & STL

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Uh yeah St. Louis isn't touching that. Last years draft was much much deeper than this years and while we definitely need defense it won't be at the cost of Dvorsky who is penciled in as our much needed 2C in a few years. Honestly there are very few players for this years draft class top 10 that I would take over last years 1-10 picks. Dvorsky in this draft class would likely be a top 5 pick and then you want us to add a mid 1st on top of it? I guess you think the former 4th round D+4 year undersized forward who is averaging just above a half a point a game in AHL covers that gap. This proposal is bad and you should feel bad.
Chill out mate , David Goyette and Musty are better then Dvorsky in the same team this year,, Gezzz EGO !!

• Haha
Reactions: Stealth JD

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Well if Levshunov is there at #5 that means Demidov, Lindstrom, Catton are gone
Not necessarily, weirder things have happened. A team could for for Pareykh, Buium, Silayev or Dickinson... Heck Bobby Mack still had Eiserman very high so some GMs still like him just as.much as early in the season.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Uh yeah St. Louis isn't touching that. Last years draft was much much deeper than this years and while we definitely need defense it won't be at the cost of Dvorsky who is penciled in as our much needed 2C in a few years. Honestly there are very few players for this years draft class top 10 that I would take over last years 1-10 picks. Dvorsky in this draft class would likely be a top 5 pick and then you want us to add a mid 1st on top of it? I guess you think the former 4th round D+4 year undersized forward who is averaging just above a half a point a game in AHL covers that gap. This proposal is bad and you should feel bad.
Dvorsky would be no where near a top-5 pick in this year's draft. That's comical.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
After 4 this year is much better from 5 to the mid teens. The top 4 from last year + Michkov was much better tho.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Chill out mate , David Goyette and Musty are better then Dvorsky in the same team this year,, Gezzz EGO !!
Misty yes, Goyette I don't think so. Skating is better, but otherwise Dvorsky projects better as a pro imo

Dvorsky would be no where near a top-5 pick in this year's draft. That's comical.
He'd be competing with guys like Eiserman, Iginla and a few high end Ds to enter the top 10. Not happening. Imo is closer to 15 in this year's draft and I like him a lot.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Misty yes, Goyette I don't think so. Skating is better, but otherwise Dvorsky projects better as a pro imo

He'd be competing with guys like Eiserman, Iginla and a few high end Ds to enter the top 10. Not happening. Imo is closer to 15 in this year's draft and I like him a lot.
I can see top-15. But so many of the 2024'ers have far outplayed Dvorsky (who is in his D+1 season). Imagine Tij and Catton in their D+1 season...

Reactions: jfhabs

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
After 4 this year is much better from 5 to the mid teens. The top 4 from last year + Michkov was much better tho.

Respectfully disagree. I really like Celebrini, Catton, Levy and Dickinson and would likely take them over Dvorsky. After those four it gets murky for me, a couple of comparables (talent wise) and a few that I think are less talented in the next 10 or so projected picks. It's all a matter of opinion though.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I’m not sure what Blues fans think of this one but as a Habs I don’t see a single scenario where Montreal moves back unless they get a line driver backer and Dvorsky isn’t that.

*Montreal needs quality, not quantity

**If I remember, Montreal were not that High on Dvorsky last year, so that settles it

Reactions: MajorWeber

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
Lemme get this straight: you have us deal our best prospect, a center, and our first round pick to move up eight slots, and you think some useless undersized wing is going to cover the cost?

Yeah, no. Doug Armstrong blocks your number after laughing his ass off.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Respectfully disagree. I really like Celebrini, Catton, Levy and Dickinson and would likely take them over Dvorsky. After those four it gets murky for me, a couple of comparables (talent wise) and a few that I think are less talented in the next 10 or so projected picks. It's all a matter of opinion though.
It's not very murky when you have guys having bigger impact on their team in the same or better leagues and they are in their D-1 vs D+1 for Dvorsky

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
I can see top-15. But so many of the 2024'ers have far outplayed Dvorsky (who is in his D+1 season). Imagine Tij and Catton in their D+1 season...
Yes we are saying the same thing, to me he's very close to Greentree. I have him around 14-16th...

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Yes we are saying the same thing, to me he's very close to Greentree. I have him around 14-16th...
Greentree is such an interesting prospect. Has size / strength but is slow. Produces offensively but not very dynamic. Kind of like a poor man's Shane Wright but a winger.

I take Dvorsky over Greentree. Dvorsky's game IMO translates better to the NHL in a top-6 role.

Last edited:
Reactions: jfhabs

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
Lemme get this straight: you have us deal our best prospect, a center, and our first round pick to move up eight slots, and you think some useless undersized wing is going to cover the cost?

Yeah, no. Doug Armstrong blocks your number after laughing his ass off.

The cost to move up to 5 from 16 is a huge premium.

Reactions: pth2

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
It's not very murky when you have guys having bigger impact on their team in the same or better leagues and they are in their D-1 vs D+1 for Dvorsky

Bigger impact? Dvorsky is second in OHL in goals per game and 4th in points per game. He is performing exactly as he should be.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Including Farrell in the proposal seems kind of pointless, until he shows he has higher-end potential, I don't see him holding much value.

But Dvorsky+16 for #5, as a basis, gives me pause. I wonder if Montreal doesn't have to add the Avs 2nd or something of some value. The cost for trading up in the draft is always insane, so it's normal STL fans think it's crazy expensive.... but if their management is high on whoever is available, and Montreal's scouts aren't sold on anyone available... and remember Dvorsky as being a player to consider if they traded down, then, who knows, it could happen.

The proposal also fits with Hughes' expressed wish to trade for kids with some development baked in. OTOH, I'm always weary of trading for kids, since the team trading them away has gotten a much better look at them and know what they are trading away...

Overall, solid proposal. Without knowing who MTL and STL like, I have to figure this is plausible (even though STL fans hate giving up last year's 1st and Montreal fans hate trading out of the top-10).

Reactions: TBF1972

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
The cost to move up to 5 from 16 is a huge premium.
the proposal is not about moving up from 16 to 5. it's about acquiring dvorsky. op is a montreal fan. there is no single blues fan here, asking for the #5 pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad