Proposal: MTL & STL

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
OK let's say Levshunov is available at #5
MTL calls the Blues,,,,
MTL : hey there you want that guy.
STL : Frack yeah he would be one of top D core for the next 15 years.
MTL : Fine then give me Dvorsky and #16 and i'll had a great prospect in Farrell to replace the lost of Dalibor.
STL : Hell yeah sign me up.

MTL : thinking (Danm i should of asked for more....)

MTL : #5 + Farrell
for
STL : Dvorsky + #16

Last edited:

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Why are the Blues doing this?
at #5 Blues would get a really good top 1 D either left or right while getting a good prospect in Farrell.
Habs are set on D and since Demidov and Celebrini will be gone mind as well drop down a bit and get a player like Greentree while getting a A prospect in Dvorsky

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
I can't decide what I'd do here as a Habs fan...Nice proposal OP.

Edit: I say this as someone that is not very high on Farrell though.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Then MTL trade #16 + jets #24 + CGY first for CGY #8

Dvorsky
Catton/Iginla

They would make a movie out of this loll

Last edited:
Reactions: Eegs

MajorWeber

Jun 22, 2017
Montreal, Qc
are you from the future ??
No, but I understand the conditions and I can see where the teams are at. Calgary will most likely be a bottom team next year and Florida should still compete. Therefore, Montreal will receive the worst of the 2 picks and it's more than likely gonna be FLA's pick,

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
No, but I understand the conditions and I can see where the teams are at. Calgary will most likely be a bottom team next year and Florida should still compete. Therefore, Montreal will receive the worst of the 2 picks and it's more than likely gonna be FLA's pick,
like i said CGY pick could very well be outside of the top 10 ,
Florida as a shit load of UFA to sign. they might have a hard time next year and miss the playoff.

MajorWeber

Jun 22, 2017
Montreal, Qc
like i said CGY pick could very well be outside of the top 10 ,
Florida as a shit load of UFA to sign. they might have a hard time next year and miss the playoff.
I agree, but there's too many conditions to start trading that pick away while retaining any sort of value on it. Way too many IF on those conditions.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
I agree, but there's too many conditions to start trading that pick away while retaining any sort of value on it. Way too many IF on those conditions.
there,, if you agree that means
first : you don't see the future ;-)
Second: The pick might not end up being Florida pick at all and be CGY #11

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
For perspective: while no one has gone from 16 to 8 at the draft, Atlanta in 2005 did go from 8 down to 16 in 2 moves.

The total cost was a 2nd (#49), a 7th (#207) and another 2nd (#41).

No GM is giving up 2 1st-round picks - and especially a 1st in '24 currently at #24 and a 1st in '25 that could be ... who the hell knows, based on all the conditions, but it's likely to be a top-16 pick based on how the Flames will probably be next year - to go from 16 to 8.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
I think we need quality over quantity. Habs need elite talent. While Dvorsky is a great prospect I am high on , Leshunov or whoever will be there at 5 this year is a tier above imo. Not a bad proposal.

I guess I might do it depending on who's available at 5 other than Leshunov. A good player can slip at 16, but it should be 1-2 tier below at this rank

Reactions: MajorWeber

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
I think we need quality over quantity. Habs need elite talent. While Dvorsky is a great prospect I am high on , Leshunov or whoever will be there at 5 this year is a tier above imo. Not a bad proposal.

I guess I might do it depending on who's available at 5 other than Leshunov. A good player can slip at 16, but it should be 1-2 tier below at this rank
Well if Levshunov is there at #5 that means Demidov, Lindstrom, Catton are gone

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Uh yeah St. Louis isn't touching that. Last years draft was much much deeper than this years and while we definitely need defense it won't be at the cost of Dvorsky who is penciled in as our much needed 2C in a few years. Honestly there are very few players for this years draft class top 10 that I would take over last years 1-10 picks. Dvorsky in this draft class would likely be a top 5 pick and then you want us to add a mid 1st on top of it? I guess you think the former 4th round D+4 year undersized forward who is averaging just above a half a point a game in AHL covers that gap. This proposal is bad and you should feel bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad