Proposal: MTL & STL

Blueswin

Jun 13, 2021
Easy solution - The Blues can trade Snuggerud to the Desert Dogs for the for the 7th overall pick and get a good if not great def. Keep their center Dvorsky & keep the #16 overall pick. And the Habs can find a center else where.

Reactions: Blueston

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
What would Guhle cost?
Massive overpayment. I can only see him traded for a top proven young 1C. Since such a player would be critical for any team, I can't see that trade happening.

He's our top defenseman and still improving, so you can see why we have a massive value for him. On top of that, we got a couple of offensive RHDs coming up that need shut down defenseman that can keep up with them.

Lastly...you can't solve a hole by creating another hole, so in reality, Ghule is off the table.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
OK let's say Levshunov is available at #5
MTL calls the Blues,,,,
MTL : hey there you want that guy.
STL : Frack yeah he would be one of top D core for the next 15 years.
MTL : Fine then give me Dvorsky and #16 and i'll had a great prospect in Farrell to replace the lost of Dalibor.
STL : Hell yeah sign me up.

MTL : thinking (Danm i should of asked for more....)

MTL : #5 + Farrell
for
STL : Dvorsky + #16
I'm not diminishing Dvorsky value, but is he going to be a 1C? 2C? How does he handle a 200 ft game against NHL players.

Without an NHĹ season or two to see where he's at, there is a certain amount of risk. And yes, anyone we draft would also have that uncertainty.

If rumour about Zegras for a 1st has any legs, he has 3 years of NHL defining his value.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I'm not diminishing Dvorsky value, but is he going to be a 1C? 2C? How does he handle a 200 ft game against NHL players.

Without an NHĹ season or two to see where he's at, there is a certain amount of risk. And yes, anyone we draft would also have that uncertainty.

If rumour about Zegras for a 1st has any legs, he has 3 years of NHL defining his value.
Zegras likely is worth more than Dvo, which is why it's hard to see Ducks moving him for Habs pick.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
OK let's say Levshunov is available at #5
MTL calls the Blues,,,,
MTL : hey there you want that guy.
STL : Frack yeah he would be one of top D core for the next 15 years.
MTL : Fine then give me Dvorsky and #16 and i'll had a great prospect in Farrell to replace the lost of Dalibor.
STL : Hell yeah sign me up.

MTL : thinking (Danm i should of asked for more....)

MTL : #5 + Farrell
for
STL : Dvorsky + #16
Montreal can't trade that far back. Maybe a slot or two for extra first if a team wants Levshunov but that's it.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Habs have extra left D. May move one to jump from Jets pick to 15 though. If that interest Blues? Harris or Struble. Imagine Harris where he is NHL top 4-5 proven. Can play either side and on cheap contract.

• Haha
Reactions: Shwabeal

blueswede22

Aug 10, 2004
Blues keep their pick

Pick best prospect available at #16 (?)
*If it's a forward, doesn't matter

When he is available for a contract renewal, they trade Buchnevich to another team, for the best, NHL-ready defensive prospect they can get.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
Yup, I think someone gets giddy and takes him at 2

Starting to think Montreal is just going to take Iginla if Celebrini, Demidov and Lindstrom are all gone. Maybe they'll trade back to 7 or 8 if they think they can still get him there

Mtl rumors seems centered on Iginla; apparently they met him several times. I have friends that are going to have strokes if Mtl picks a D (Levshunov) again.

Reactions: viceroy

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
What if u guys draft Levshunov. And we trade you Zach Dean + pick #16 for reinbacher?

Dean has gotten NHL time this year in a 3rd/4th line role and plays a consistent 200ft style at center. I’d be surprised if he doesn’t come back to camp even better for 24/25. I know it’s not the sexiest return in the world but Dean and 16 could provide a lot of value and substance long term for MTL. I guess it depends on where reinbacher is valued these days. I know a lot of pundits had him outside the top 10 (and obviously plenty had him in it) and he seems to have had an on but not special D+1.

Blues fans will scream no since reinbacher isn’t a big time offensively creativeD. I’m personally a big fan of his two way mature game and think his skill set projects long term as a top pair minute munching D . We have a plethora of high end young fwds especially with Zach Bolduc emerging and looking like a legit top 6 talent in the NHL these last couple weeks on top of Dvorsky, Snuggerud, Neighbours and Stenberg, coupled with Thomas and Kyrou long term.

We need young quality D. If this is the only way to make it happen, then **** it lol

Apologize if this is way off base…

Reactions: Blueston

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
What if u guys draft Levshunov. And we trade you Zach Dean + pick #16 for reinbacher?

Dean has gotten NHL time this year in a 3rd/4th line role and plays a consistent 200ft style at center. I’d be surprised if he doesn’t come back to camp even better for 24/25. I know it’s not the sexiest return in the world but Dean and 16 could provide a lot of value and substance long term for MTL. I guess it depends on where reinbacher is valued these days. I know a lot of pundits had him outside the top 10 (and obviously plenty had him in it) and he seems to have had an on but not special D+1.

Blues fans will scream no since reinbacher isn’t a big time offensively creativeD. I’m personally a big fan of his two way mature game and think his skill set projects long term as a top pair minute munching D . We have a plethora of high end young fwds especially with Zach Bolduc emerging and looking like a legit top 6 talent in the NHL these last couple weeks on top of Dvorsky, Snuggerud, Neighbours and Stenberg, coupled with Thomas and Kyrou long term.

We need young quality D. If this is the only way to make it happen, then **** it lol

Absolutely not. Doesn’t even come close

pth2

Jan 7, 2018

Current management bet big on Reinbacher, I can't see them moving on from him other than for a single, high-end piece.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Current management bet big on Reinbacher, I can't see them moving on from him other than for a single, high-end piece.
I’ve seen him play a game live in Laval and he was by a good margin the best player when he was on the ice. A step above everyone.

He’s also only 19 and play a position of need. Can’t see any situation where Montreal move that guy

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
I’ve seen him play a game live in Laval and he was by a good margin the best player when he was on the ice. A step above everyone.

He’s also only 19 and play a position of need. Can’t see any situation where Montreal move that guy
Unless it's a big overpayment , everyone as a price.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad