Confirmed with Link: [MTL/PIT] Joseph Blandisi & Jake Lucchini for Phil Varone & Riley Barber

habergeon

Apr 15, 2015
I wonder if this has anything to do with KK (rightly) taking their ice time as a 19 year old.

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
I wonder if this has anything to do with KK (rightly) taking their ice time as a 19 year old.

Probably, but they were brought in Laval to be steady veteran presences that could also really chip in on offense and they haven't delivered at all. Blandisi and Lucchini will probably fit better with what we want from our team in the AHL despite being worse than Varone and Barber.

Clearedwaivers

Feb 27, 2017
I saw a thread here the other day that was titled something like, “What is needed to make this team better moving forward?”. Well it seems the answer may very well be...Lucchini.

nyhabsfan

Jun 23, 2005
Connecticut
Forget the Bargin Bin, Bergy is now shopping at the Clearance Rack!!

I would hope he is talking to teams about bigger trade chips, not players that will only get to the Bell Center like we do... with a ticket!

Reactions: PaulD

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
You have a right to not give a crap...yet...here is the reality. I sort out 9 teams that are doing extremely well today in the AHL. And since it's not just a question of giving the fans of those places some good hockey, it's also and MOSTLY important that they perform well in order to give experience to the kids to develop them as well as you can. So..with that in mind....
  • Hershey: 1st in division. First 3 scorers, 26, 27 and 31 years old (Maillet, Sgarbossa and Moulson)
  • Hartford: 2nd in that division. First 3 scorers...24, 25 and 26 years old.
  • Providence: 3rd in that division. First 3 scorers: 20, 30 and 24. Studnick is a stud. But you have Greg Carey as your No2 scorer
  • Milwaukee: 1st in their division. First 3 scorers....27, 29 and 22. Carr and Schneider the vets lead the way
  • Iowa: 2nd in that division: First 3 scorers....26, 26 and 26
  • Belleville: 1st in their division.....The exception. First 5 scoresrs are kids. Yet 28 years old Schwarz has 29 points in 37 games.
  • Rochester: 2nd in that division....First 3 scorers: 25, 31 and 24.
  • Tucson: 1st in their division. First 3 scorers, 22, 23 and 31 years old. So failry young but a 31 years old at No3.
  • Stockton: 2nd in that division: First 3 scorers: 26,22 and 28.
So that's just statswatching. BUt still important as more stats, more wins, more wins, playoffs. Playoffs = Experience. Can you imagine now the effect that vets have on kids as well? On and off the ice?

So....how can we just not give a crap about the vets that Laval gets? Do you not see how it can impact our kids?
and in other organizations that are not Montreal............that shit matters.

In Montreal.................who gives a shit. It aint worth over analyzing this nothing deal. They will stink for years as long as Bergie is at the wheel.

But they sure would rather have everyone analyzing this garage sale swap. Better than talking about missing the play offs for the the umpteenth time is a row. Not to mention the remaining 25 consecutive meaningless games they have to play out.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Probably, but they were brought in Laval to be steady veteran presences that could also really chip in on offense and they haven't delivered at all. Blandisi and Lucchini will probably fit better with what we want from our team in the AHL despite being worse than Varone and Barber.
Some of these guys families barely care about this deal.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
and in other organizations that are not Montreal............that shit matters.

In Montreal.................who gives a shit. It aint worth over analyzing this nothing deal. They will stink for years as long as Bergie is at the wheel.

But they sure would rather have everyone analyzing this garage sale swap. Better than talking about missing the play offs for the the umpteenth time is a row. Not to mention the remaining 25 consecutive meaningless games they have to play out.

Not sure how analyzing this deal makes EVERYBODY forget about what's going with the NHL team. No idea at all. I was talking about having to CARE with the vets you have in the AHL as it's key to the success of your AHL team HENCE your prospects you want to develop.

habergeon

Apr 15, 2015

I agree. I actually like Blandisi, he's played in the NHL the last three years and has been near a PPG in the A, and he's a C so that will help, but I know nothing about Lucchini.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Not surprised after reading this from Marc Dumont in the Athletic yesterday...

Happy that they moved those guys out. It's important for the Rocket to make the playoffs this year.

yea that's a troubling article. But then again it's the Habs so I shouldn't expect them to do anything right then I won't be disappointed.

Our coaching God in Laval couldn't get along with them. No point to crap on Bergevin in this case.

MB and his scouts signed them, so of course they get their share of the blame. Hudon and Belzile are vets and they didn't have any problems, Veillux as well.

But when you have over 10M in salary going to Alzner to play in Laval for 2 years, Kinkaid at 1.75, Peca 1.3M, Weise 2.3M, it's clear the pro scouts need to do better.

Of course the talk that Bouchard's style wouldn't work well with vets is certainly gaining ground.

Reactions: Andrei79 and dralaf

CapSpace

Caufield is lit
Nov 25, 2013
Near Montreal
That’s a lot of Italians in one trade

thats-pretty-racist.jpg

Jul 6, 2016
You have a right to not give a crap...yet...here is the reality. I sort out 9 teams that are doing extremely well today in the AHL. And since it's not just a question of giving the fans of those places some good hockey, it's also and MOSTLY important that they perform well in order to give experience to the kids to develop them as well as you can. So..with that in mind....
  • Hershey: 1st in division. First 3 scorers, 26, 27 and 31 years old (Maillet, Sgarbossa and Moulson)
  • Hartford: 2nd in that division. First 3 scorers...24, 25 and 26 years old.
  • Providence: 3rd in that division. First 3 scorers: 20, 30 and 24. Studnick is a stud. But you have Greg Carey as your No2 scorer
  • Milwaukee: 1st in their division. First 3 scorers....27, 29 and 22. Carr and Schneider the vets lead the way
  • Iowa: 2nd in that division: First 3 scorers....26, 26 and 26
  • Belleville: 1st in their division.....The exception. First 5 scoresrs are kids. Yet 28 years old Schwarz has 29 points in 37 games.
  • Rochester: 2nd in that division....First 3 scorers: 25, 31 and 24.
  • Tucson: 1st in their division. First 3 scorers, 22, 23 and 31 years old. So failry young but a 31 years old at No3.
  • Stockton: 2nd in that division: First 3 scorers: 26,22 and 28.
So that's just statswatching. BUt still important as more stats, more wins, more wins, playoffs. Playoffs = Experience. Can you imagine now the effect that vets have on kids as well? On and off the ice?

So....how can we just not give a crap about the vets that Laval gets? Do you not see how it can impact our kids?

You need the "right" vets formula. Belzile, Weise, Hudon, even Ouellet and Alzner (???) could have, could have had positive impact. Signing and sending Kinkaid to the AHL level was a huge mistake. Why sign Varone and Barber who were possibly wishing to play at NHL level this season first and above all ? Also, why not sign more Quebec born AHL vets ? Staying in Laval, in the Metropolitan area , could be a good incentive. You might tell me that the Dauphin's acquisition did not work all that well either.

If Laval fell in the standings, it is for many reasons. Maybe Bouchard is not the man of the situation after all. Maybe Ducharme would had been a better fit.

No, I don't give a crap about Varone and Barber, and the two guys they acquired in return.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
With the deals with St Louis and Pittsburgh there are only two teams left that Marc Bergevin hasn't made a trade with, Columbus and...Boston.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad