Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Maybe instead of Jordan Harris for the second piece we switch for a forward
Owen Beck ?
RHP ?
Evans ?

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I'm pretty sure they'd trade Primeau if the other was decent.
The issue is finding something Philly has that Montreal wants, that's in the right value range. A generic 3d round pick likely won't cut it, and he can't be worth more.

If there were some other deal out there, Primeau could be a added and fill a need for Philly.

Could Anderson work out with his old coach in Philly ? Could Montreal get something of use for Anderson and Primeau ?

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
We already have too many D. Aside from that, why would we trade one of our promising young wing talents for a facepuncher on D
Because everyone thinks the Flyers love grit and goonery.....Oh wait, Keith Jones is out POHO and Tottorella is our de facto GM. Never mind - trade accepted

Reactions: BernieParent

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Horrible trade for philly. Lock this one up
I don't want to undersell Foerster but there's two potential top four d who already play well in the NHL in this deal. This reminds me of Laughton, frost, money, or every other flyers young forward being untouchable as a rookie to be honest.

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
I'm pretty sure they'd trade Primeau if the other was decent.

Sure, but who’s going to offer more than a 3rd or 4th? I don’t see it happening. As PTH said, maybe as an add on to a bigger deal but otherwise I don’t see him being available. The habs have been using a roster spot on him despite having Allen on Monty, so they obviously see value in him and don’t want to lose him for nothing or for mediocre value.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
I don't want to undersell Foerster but there's two potential top four d who already play well in the NHL in this deal. This reminds me of Laughton, frost, money, or every other flyers young forward being untouchable as a rookie to be honest.
They're both 3rd pair D, especially on the flyers but on most non-bottom-dwelling teams.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Keep in mind, Philly tried to move Gauthier to get the 5th to get Reinbacher, so Philly agreed with Montreal's evaluation of Reinbacher vs Michkov.
They would've drafted Michkov at 5 and then Reinbacher at 6. So, not really.

Other articles have cited how Philly was trying to move up to ensure they got Michkov.

Reactions: BernieParent

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
What if Briere calls for Primeau? Available? If so, price?
I'd imagine a 3rd gets it done unless the Habs find a better deal to move Allen.

Can't see them turning that down at the deadline vs keeping all 3 goalies for the rest of the year...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad