Proposal: MTL & PHI

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Xhekaj isn't available, at least not until he's shown he can be more than a 6th D fighter.

Reactions: Nevins

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
The day after any trade involving Xhekaj the OP will be here posting wild trade ideas cause The Habs lack size and grit on D.

Just keep him

I am really starting to think you don't watch hockey at all.....
He is kind of right tho. A #6 left shot, 5’11 dman whose career peak is a 17pts season is next to useless. Specially considering the dude will be 24 in July.

Reactions: EquivalentStay

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Xhekaj isn't available, at least not until he's shown he can be more than a 6th D fighter.
Might be a language issue on my side but isnt it the other way around? He becomes unavailable once he has shown he is more than a 6th-7th-AHL fighter?

Reactions: BernieParent

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Might be a language issue on my side but isnt it the other way around? He becomes unavailable once he has shown he is more than a 6th-7th-AHL fighter?
No, my point was that the Habs can see Xhekaj's potential, if he fills it, his value will rise significantly, at which point moving him might make sense. But there's no point moving a 6th D for a 4th round pick.

Reactions: BernieParent

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I get how Montreal feels about Xhekaj, and that's understandable, but this is a terrible idea for Philly as well. Foerster is developing well, fits our actual timeline for success (not the mirage timeline we're seeing this year) will be worth more in the future than he is now, and is exactly what we need more of. He's maybe the 4th or 5th from last person on the current roster I could see us trading, with only Ersson, Drysdale, Cates (because he appears to be Tortorella's idea of the perfect player) and possibly York safer.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I get how Montreal feels about Xhekaj, and that's understandable, but this is a terrible idea for Philly as well. Foerster is developing well, fits our actual timeline for success (not the mirage timeline we're seeing this year) will be worth more in the future than he is now, and is exactly what we need more of. He's maybe the 4th or 5th from last person on the current roster I could see us trading, with only Ersson, Drysdale, Cates (because he appears to be Tortorella's idea of the perfect player) and possibly York safer.
A bad trade suggestion can be bad for both - it's quite possible Philly management agrees with you on Foerster and Habs management agrees with us on Xhekaj, and neither team would do this trade.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
MTL : Arber Xhekaj + Jordan Harris
for
PHI : Tyson Foerster
haha i was just telling my friend that wifi would fit better on Philly or Boston than in Montreal.

I'll be honest.. the guy is exciting, good fighter, some offense, but i have yet to see anything that lets me think he will be more than a 3rd pairing guy. This may sound weird, but his biggest contribution to the habs may just be who he keeps down in Laval - put him in the lineup to fill a hole in a way that wont hurt you, let him defend your guys and let the kids grow in Laval. Habs need one guy in the lineup liek him, but i think eventually Struble will take his spot because he has more talent and it's more about physicality than violence with him.

We have a surplus of LDs and this addresses a need for offense, especially if TF wants to play wing. Dont knwo much about the guy but his numbers and prospect info seems good; seems like a cheap price to pay for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $80.00