Proposal: MTL & NASHVILLE

vipera1960

Aug 1, 2007
Why does every NAS/MTL thread devolve into a cap recapture thread? I’m not saying that valid arguments aren’t being made, but the fact is there are a lot of procedural decisions to be made by the BOG, and none of it has to do with the OP.

Mods: maybe we could move cap recapture into its own thread?

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Why does every NAS/MTL thread devolve into a cap recapture thread? I’m not saying that valid arguments aren’t being made, but the fact is there are a lot of procedural decisions to be made by the BOG, and none of it has to do with the OP.

Mods: maybe we could move cap recapture into its own thread?

Perhaps to the Montreal board, because I know Preds fans aren't having it. :laugh:

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
The Mtl/Nash should be different question. Suppose there is a free buy out. What can Montreal get out of Nashville to trade Nashville Weber? Nashville takes the free buy out and gets rid of 25 million of penalties down the road. Montreal gets assets and 8.4 million in cap space to spend either on 2021 team free agents or say overspend on a Krug. Give me Krug and say a 1st all day over Weber.

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
The Mtl/Nash should be different question. Suppose there is a free buy out. What can Montreal get out of Nashville to trade Nashville Weber? Nashville takes the free buy out and gets rid of 25 million of penalties down the road. Montreal gets assets and 8.4 million in cap space to spend either on 2021 team free agents or say overspend on a Krug. Give me Krug and say a 1st all day over Weber.
I would be happy with prospects/picks and then I would buy out Carey Price :naughty:

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
I would be happy with prospects/picks and then I would buy out Carey Price :naughty:
Based on realistic cash Molson will pay its Alzner. Based on best for team its Price. Even if just Nash trades for Weber and Alzner gone that is 13m on the books to spend.

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
Based on realistic cash Molson will pay its Alzner. Based on best for team its Price. Even if just Nash trades for Weber and Alzner gone that is 13m on the books to spend.

Molson needs to suck it up and take the hit Price contract is one of the worst or the worst contract in the NHL if the Habs have a chance to get out of that horrendous contract it 100% should be done.

Also if Weber and Price are off the books thats over 18m cap space to spend and bank for future use. I am not expecting the habs to win games either so people that say "what are you going to do without a goalie or a number 1 Dman?" I am willing to suck for a few seasons.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad