Proposal: MTL & NASHVILLE

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Lateral move at best for Nashville but Domi + Drouin is going to cost more than RV + Forsberg. Points wise is basically a wash but Forserg + RV are typically 30G + per season and Domi + Drouin aren't. I don't think there's enough incentive for Nashville to do this. Likewise Drouin and Domi are the best trade chips for MTL to improve their LHD and i don't see a reason why they'd do this

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Lateral move at best for Nashville but Domi + Drouin is going to cost more than RV + Forsberg. Points wise is basically a wash but Forserg + RV are typically 30G + per season and Domi + Drouin aren't. I don't think there's enough incentive for Nashville to do this. Likewise Drouin and Domi are the best trade chips for MTL to improve their LHD and i don't see a reason why they'd do this
you forgot a A chip Prospect in that deal

Zahra Starker

Mar 3, 2020
Toronto
Hell no from Montreal. I would absolutely love Forsberg in montreal but Habs don't need Arvidsson when they have Gallagher, Armia. Ylonen and caufield getting there in a year. Also Caufield isn't going nowhere.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
nashville says no.

forsberg is the best player in the deal and it isnt close. Arvidsson having a down year but was a pretty consisten 30/30 ish guy despite minimal pp time. He is probably worth domi. at the end of the day despite caufield being > tomasino, Forsberg >>> Drouin

Reactions: CF Punk

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Hell no from Montreal. I would absolutely love Forsberg in montreal but Habs don't need Arvidsson when they have Gallagher, Armia. Ylonen and caufield getting there in a year. Also Caufield isn't going nowhere.

yeah why need a guy who averaged 31g/73 games the previous 3 seasons when you have armia with 55 goals over 5 years? LOL
oh cant forget Ylonen whose production dropped and is a longshot to ever be half as good as arvidsson!

the only thing you said that is accurate is the last sentence

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Nashville doesn't need Domi. Drouin isn't worth much and I'm sure Nashville would like to add Caufield to their prospect pool, at the cost of 2 top 6 forwards and a prospect who's pretty good himself, just isn't worth it.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Montreal says hell no.

Gotta love the trade proposals in which both teams' fanbases hate the deal.
Really ?
you don't think this would immediately help the Habs at the cost of a great Prospect ?
Forsberg is a big Upgrade from Drouin
Forsberg = Drouin + Caufield
Ardvisson + Tomasino = Domi could probably had a 2rd in here.

habsfan92

Jun 5, 2005
winnipeg
How about Subban for Weber.....oops, that's been done. when is Nashville gonna fire Poile? Team has been greatly declining for 3 years now. If there is a deal to be made, I would think a goalie would be on their list. Rinne has one skate in the retirement home already.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Would do it from Montreal.
I prefer Domi and Caufield to Arvidsson and Tomasino, but there's a clear gap between Forsberg and Drouin imo.
Don't see Nashville wanting to part ways with Forsberg tho. I think this deal is much closer then people here are saying.
Forsberg is great, but he isn't an elite talent imo. He never broke 70 pts and he played with very decent players with sufficient pp time.

ThatsSoSlavin

Aug 23, 2018
lol Tomasino is not a A chip
If he isn’t, he’s certainly not fair enough off to distance himself that much from Caufield, and their development makes a huge difference but right now after his trade to the gens there isn’t that much of a gap (there still is) imo

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Ehlers and Mathieu Perreault for Suzuki and 2nd in 2020?

Suzuki is as untouchable as a player can get.

Don't be absurd. That has little to do with his ultimate value in Nashville. The Preds decline this pretty much immediately.

(And given the state of Montreal's center depth, I'd be surprised if they went for it.)

Yeah, Montreal ain’t going for it either. Montreal has two needs: a clear cut #1 Center and a #1 LHD and neither are in this deal - and truthfully, neither are really realistic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad