Confirmed Trade: [MTL/MIN] Canadiens trade Brandon Baddock to Wild for Andrew Hammond

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Kind of disturbing for Wild fans that no mention is made of Braddock- I'll try to contain my excitement.
Hammond has been decent when I've watched him.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
This move should have been made months ago, if Baddock was all it was going to take to secure another goaltender so your future starter wouldn't get trashed night in and night out by a team that rarely showed up to play. I appreciate the press calling out Gorton for not having helped Ducharme/Team, but why call him out at St. Louis's press conference and not in the weeks after Gorton was hired? If Gorton needed 2 months to realize that Primeau was not the right player to have in your lineup, regularly, and should have been in Laval continuing to develop, then I worry that what Gorton and Hughes have in mind for the team is going to put this team behind for the better part of a decade.

Reactions: abo9

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
2 great moves in less than a week which doesn't hurt our tank. Gorton may just be the guy we needed.
An interim coach with no coaching experience and a goalie who can't stop a beach ball.
Hopefully this leads to,
MR. Wright...COME ON DOWN.

Reactions: Strat

KovalchukFistPump

Too lazy to change username
Dec 24, 2008
California
Lol this guy was one of many useless draft picks made by the Lou/Conte era. But then again, he's a 6th round pick so it's actually kind of an accomplishment he's still in the AHL.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
OK, I get it now. Wild doing Hammond a favor, allowing him to get in a few games in the NHL. They can let him go now that they signed MacIntyre, who is doing decently as a AHL/emergency backup goalie. Hammond was necessary earlier in the year when their G prospects under contract weren't looking so good.

MN can use Baddock down in the AHL. McLeod is getting old, and a few fighters on other teams have been taking advantage of their smaller players. I can also see Baddock getting a call up if a player like Deslaurier/Johnston/Reaves comes to town. Right now, their best fighter is Foligno, but you don't really want his 17g, 10a taken off the ice fighting players like that.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Guerin throwing Hammond an opportunity to potentially see NHL time again. McIntyre was recently signed and more or less has taken his role.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Lol this guy was one of many useless draft picks made by the Lou/Conte era. But then again, he's a 6th round pick so it's actually kind of an accomplishment he's still in the AHL.

Well he fights a lot so that'll keep him employed until his head can't take it anymore.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Don't forget when Hammond first started he went 20-1-2 with a .941%....
Which is precisely what MTL doesn't want. Hammond can do a decent impression of a NHL goaltender, and isn't a jackass. That's all they want.

Baddock can do an impression of a player, and is kickass. That's what they want.

Trade makes complete sense to me now.

Reactions: Fenris

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
spinal-tap-drummers.jpg

Reactions: Chrisinroch

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad