Confirmed Signing with Link: [MTL] Jake Allen Extended (2 Years @ $2.875M AAV - Starting in 2021-22)

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Feel like the Habs would have gotten more value out of just waiting on the goalie market and signing someone like Dell to be their backup for the next couple seasons to 1) a cheaper contract then Allen and 2) No trade assets to acquire him. Not that I think this is egregious or anything but it certainly isn't amazing.

Reactions: malcb33

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Feel like the Habs would have gotten more value out of just waiting on the goalie market and signing someone like Dell to be their backup for the next couple seasons to 1) a cheaper contract then Allen and 2) No trade assets to acquire him. Not that I think this is egregious or anything but it certainly isn't amazing.
We’ve been going the economical route at backup for years, and every time the guy ended up sucking and it cost us many wins and the ability to keep Price fresh. A top backup was a huge priority, hence why we traded for Allen.

Go4soda

Dec 15, 2015
Bergevin knows that price will likely miss a significant amount of games. He wants a seasoned guy to play the team into the playoffs down the stretch if need be.

Jason Wadden

While it's a bit rich to have soo much cap tied up in goal, I don't hate the move to get a strong backup to keep Price fresher for the playoffs...let's hope it pays off and Bergevin actually has a plan to make the Habs a contender while the core is still viable.

Reactions: Roadhouse

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West

Dell is not better than Allen on any day.

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
Greiss 3.6
Crawford 3.9
Khudobin 3.33
Jarry 3.5

All signed for over what Allen signed for and none of them are really better than he is. People just love to hate on the habs every move.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad