Confirmed Signing with Link: [MTL] F Sean Monahan signs extension with the Canadiens (1 year, $1.985M)

Blue Chip Prospect

Feb 9, 2019
Montreal
I like Monahan ! Even without thinking about returns at the TDL, this is a win to have him on the team plus we already got a 1st for him.

I’ve seen people talk about character issues in this thread !? The guy played injured for years to try to help the flames. Everybody talk in a positive way about him and honestly even our team’s golden retriever ( Cole Caufield ) talked about him very positively this season. That’s all I need to know.

johnnybbadd

Mar 29, 2011
Fair deal on both sides. If he’s healthy he could produce like a 4-5 million player but his availability is his worst ability. Would be nice for him to get 60+ games in though. I’m definitely rooting for him.

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
There was nothing but health issues. Are you implying character issues? Why would you do that?
I think that there's always scuttlebutt about the Flames locker room in the hockey news space, so I can see why someone unfamiliar with Monahan would assume that he was part of that mess.

The truth is, there's literally a parody twitter account making fun of how boring Sean Monahan is LOL.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Isn’t he the 2C in Montreal so should get opportunities to produce points? Could be good for his next contract and Habs could trade him at the 2024 TDL. Kind of a potential win/win
He was the two C but the hope is Dach moves into that spot. There are too many moving parts right now to say where he'll play. Hughes is trying to move up to select a C. If he doesn't they'll have to decide if they move that pick in some kind of package for Dubois.
If that happens, Dach will move to the wing and play probably with Caufield and Suzuki.
We haven't even discussed Evans or Dvorak - one will certainly be dealt

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Another spot taken by an old guy instead of playing a young guy
Which kid up front is likely to lose his spot ? Slaf ? RHP? Ylonen ? Maybe Ylonen, but I have limited hopes in him anyways...

I just see us as less likely to re-sign a Gurianov or a Tierney, and I think that's a good thing, it's better to have positive role models, solid pros, on a pretty young team overall.

Reactions: viceroy

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
"limits those who can view his profile"
A troll who hides. Probably a leafs fan.
I know it's hard to believe Monahan wanted to stay.
If you weren't so lazy, you could find that quote in his
exit interviews.

you::silly:
Are you calling yourself a troll?

PriceIsGod

Carey Please :)
Jul 15, 2012
You know...
Another spot taken by an old guy instead of playing a young guy
We don't even know what other moves could happen yet, Hughes may somehow find a way to move out guys like Hoffman, Armia, and/or Dvorak.

I'm curious as to what young guy you have in mind and want to see on the roster next year? I know some fans are high on Farrell and Heineman but both are yet to play a season in Laval and I really don't think a year in the AHL will ruin their development. Injuries are an unfortunate part of the game and could lead to one or both getting NHL time anyways.

Reactions: BLONG7

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Health issues aren't his only things Montreal fans. Teams literally refused a 1st round pick to take him on last year should be very telling
Link? More like some teams couldn't afford the price tag attached to him.
Nice try though.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Maybe because it's true. Literally he has character issues that has been a reason why Michael Russo who covers Minnesota and nhl says Minnesota wild gm never wanted and wouldn't take on him the many times he was asked. He also said several gm won't.
Link.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad