Confirmed Signing with Link: [MTL] F Kirby Dach signs extension with the Canadiens (4 years, $3.3625M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Only in spirit.

Dach is horrible on face offs and is a lumbering skater 75% of the time.

I’m a Hawks fan who calls it like I see it, Dach has moments where your like “good god that’s ridiculous “ and those are too few and far between for the 3OA.

What Dach is right now, is a warm body who’s good enough in his own end not to hurt his team. That’s it. He’s an anchor in the offensive zone and plays die on his stick. He’s get bullied off the puck too much for a kid his size.

Hopefully he turns it around, but I really don’t think he will. He has an entitled attitude and with a new GM who is putting skating and speed at a premium that says all you need to know about how much he was thought of for going into the season a Hawks team that’s completely tanking the year.

I said he was the next Adam Creighton and the bad news is he isn’t even that good.

Your looking at a third liner, Anisimov type.
Adam Creighton is a good comparison.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
They are paying for potential, lot's of teams doing that these days it seems. I'm sure they did their due diligence on the kid and like what he can still possibly turn into. I like what Hughes did, they took who they all thought was the guy with the biggest potential in the draft and still managed to add another big centre (which was still a gaping hole and they weren't going to draft one at the 1# spot) a centre who is still very young, and talented..................if raw. it's a gamble but you need to take gambles sometimes. If he reaches his potential that contract will be a steal, even if he becomes a solid 2nd line centre it will be a steal. If he busts, oh well, you took a calculated shot on a guy who was drafted 3rd overall just 3 years ago, it's worth the risk I think. The team certainly wasn't a contender the way they were before. creative move IMO, could work, could not but they are trying something that does make sense.

At least it's a plan and it makes sense, for god knows how long we didn't even have a plan.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
They are paying for potential, lot's of teams doing that these days it seems. I'm sure they did their due diligence on the kid and like what he can still possibly turn into. I like what Hughes did, they took who they all thought was the guy with the biggest potential in the draft and still managed to add another big centre (which was still a gaping hole and they weren't going to draft one at the 1# spot) a centre who is still very young, and talented..................if raw. it's a gamble but you need to take gambles sometimes. If he reaches his potential that contract will be a steal, even if he becomes a solid 2nd line centre it will be a steal. If he busts, oh well, you took a calculated shot on a guy who was drafted 3rd overall just 3 years ago, it's worth the risk I think. The team certainly wasn't a contender the way they were before. creative move IMO, could work, could not but they are trying something that does make sense.

At least it's a plan and it makes sense, for god knows how long we didn't even have a plan.
Good post.....Hard for some to grasp...........all teams do this....the deal will not harm the team as they move forward, and could be the biggest bargain if he gets his offensive game in gear, depending on his line mates......

Reactions: jj cale

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Good post.....Hard for some to grasp...........all teams do this....the deal will not harm the team as they move forward, and could be the biggest bargain if he gets his offensive game in gear, depending on his line mates......
I'm really excited to be honest, though we won't be good this year I am really going to enjoy this season to watch the development and what moves Hughes makes next after seeing what he has really got.

Truly optimistic for the first time in ages.

Reactions: HabbyGuy and BLONG7

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
All 3 assists tonight were primary as well. I thought he looked good earlier in the year, but he's really taken it to another level since joining the Suzuki line

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Seems like things are starting to click for Dach in Montreal. 3 point night so far, that puts him up to 10 points in 12 games and points in 4 straight. Looks like they might've stole him from Chicago.
I think he may top his career highs before the new year. He's got 26 games to get 16 points.

Reactions: banks

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Seems like things are starting to click for Dach in Montreal. 3 point night so far, that puts him up to 10 points in 12 games and points in 4 straight. Looks like they might've stole him from Chicago.

They've moved him to the wing and are playing him with Caufield and Suzuki. Turns out being a playmaker winger works great when the centre and other winger are on pace for 50+ goals

Reactions: Canadienna

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Suzuki had 3 goals in the first 8 games, and has had 5 in the 4 games with dach on his wing. Seems like it's pretty mutually beneficial.
They've moved him to the wing and are playing him with Caufield and Suzuki. Turns out being a playmaker winger works great when the centre and other winger are on pace for 50+ goals
Ya it shows you know very little about the Habs and who's been playing with who and for how long,
Please Keep giving us reason to laugh.

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
Habs actually have a legit first line!!
Now Juraj can develop into a beast 2nd line winger. Draft Fantilli.

Dach - Suzuki - Caufield
Slafkovsky - Fantilli - X

Reactions: Bouboumaster

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Ya it shows you know very little about the Habs and who's been playing with who and for how long,
Please Keep giving us reason to laugh.

WTF are you talking about? I've watched all but one Habs game.

They moved Dach to Suzuki's wing and it's been working very well.

Dach - Suzuki - Caufield

Easy it's Dubois

Dubois - Fantilli/Carlsson - Slaf

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014

Dach - Suzuki - Caufield

Dach - Suzuki - Caufield
Slafkovsky - P.-L. Dubois - Anderson

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
WTF are you talking about? I've watched all but one Habs game.

They moved Dach to Suzuki's wing and it's been working very well.

Easy it's Dubois

Dubois - Fantilli/Carlsson - Slaf
Good lord that’s nice .

I assume dubois comes over in FA in 2 years?

Dach - Suzuki - Caufield
Slafkovsky - P.-L. Dubois - Anderson
Not Anderson. Keep him on 3rd line

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Kirby’s contract is going to be a steal. He is using his size and making plays and gaining confidence over the past 5 games.

He’s perfect for Suzuki and Caufield.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Dach was playing fairly well at C before going up with Suzuki and Caufield, the analytics were very good.

We just have almost nothing beyond Suzuki and Caufield to generate consistent offence. So Dach was sort of an island at C. So many washed up, overpaid, broken down veterans on our team. And an 18 year old who shows flashes of great stuff but it's not consistent.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
He plays pretty good defense and has good vision. He just cannot shoot.
wonder if this needs some time to rehab

1667717858808.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad