Confirmed Signing with Link: [MTL] F Kirby Dach signs extension with the Canadiens (4 years, $3.3625M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Could be a steal. Could just be an ok signing. It all depends if he takes the next step in his development. He should be given every opportunity to succeed, but sometimes it takes more than that.

Ishad

Jun 2, 2010
I don’t like Dach, but this isn’t enough money/term that it would hurt the Habs if he doesn’t pan out.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Didn't like the trade and unsure about this contract and player.
Never watched beyond highlights because of the trade; looks weak and lanky to me. Hughes sure seems to like him. In 2-3 years the habs will be making more big salary/roster choices again, hopefully for a few playoff runs by then. Hope he pans out!

Reactions: Vikingstad

QCNords

Oct 19, 2017
Dont understand why pp are not ok with this, realy...
We gonna unload Drouin, Dadonov, Armia, Byron, Hoffman and possibly Monahan this season.
3.3 AAV for Dach, well done KH.
"Boat anchor on a rebulding team..." 21 years old center, former 3oa pick...

Crow

May 19, 2014
Small chance he puts it together at center. Don’t see the harm for the habs in the contract. Might have been better off keeping the picks though. I still have high hopes for him but seems very boom or bust.

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
A little steep, but high pedigree centers are almostalways steep.

No. His 2020-2021 season doesn't count as part of that calculation.

For some reason I thought if you played directly in the NHL after your draft year you became UFA at 25 years old. Why does his 20-21 not count ?

Reactions: Wats
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad