Pre-Game Talk: MTL @ EDM Saturday 21 Dec, 7 pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
He means "average". Not mediocre in the French sense.

That's the challenge with the new NHL - you need to either have a super solid base of a roster with great timing to contend for years, OR you commit to a window. We're doing neither.

Ok, but I would add that there is no team in the league I fear when we're healthy. We've already dominated St. Louis and Washington - in their own buildings.

We also have been beaten by the lowest teams in the league. Every team in the league is pretty close to the mean/the average.

Reactions: jesui

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
How are they overrated, everybody agree that without McDavid they'd be dead last.

They're a **** team with no depth whatsoever.
The media are in love with Edmonton/McDavid , Draisaitl . They constantly overrated .

Last edited:

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
lets see what happens when this collection of AHL players face a half decent team.

Oilers are mcdavid and draisaitl. They have lost 26 games in a row when those two dont score a point.

Now here's the bad news. Mcdavid and draisaitl both went pointless last game. So yeah, they are putting points up tonight.

It always seems like a struggle against edmonton over the last several years. I think this game has an L written on it.

Reactions: Habs

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Dane thing that happened with Calgary and Vancouver.

HaBs WiLl LoSe AlL sEvEn RoAd GaMeS!!!

Both the Canucks and Flames are not good teams.... but thank god the Flames goalie was awful.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I'll be watching the game in a bar... on the stage. I'm performing with a band other than my regular one, and will be swivelling between bandmates and TV screens. However, I don't think I can pull off playing instruments and posting here.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Both the Canucks and Flames are not good teams.... but thank god the Flames goalie was awful.

Yes, and Edmonton is a world class team that's going to be on the outside looking in within a couple weeks.

Did you see them get absolutely dismantled and taken apart inch by inch last night? The recovery period is surely more than 24 hours.

This basement/bottom 3 Habs continues their massacre of the west tonight. Book it.

Reactions: David Suzuki

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Yes, and Edmonton is a world class team that's going to be on the outside looking in within a couple weeks.

Did you see them get absolutely dismantled and taken apart inch by inch last night? The recovery period is surely more than 24 hours.

This basement/bottom 3 Habs continues their massacre of the west tonight. Book it.

I don't like the Oilers, or the makeup of the team. I was suggesting they are a step-up from the Canucks and Flames, but not by much. The west certainly has issues this year, its not very good.

Jul 6, 2016
If Habs would had been just half bad during the 8 losses period, they would hold a firm grip on the second ranked team i their division without worrying too much about the others. Losses (twice) against bottom feeders like NJ and Detroit + the comeback win by the Rangers were real killers.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
I don't like the Oilers, or the makeup of the team. I was suggesting they are a step-up from the Canucks and Flames, but not by much. The west certainly has issues this year, its not very good.

Our "AHL" team with all its depth is still better than the Oilers who are actually an AHL team outside of their top 2 players. Don't even get me started on their defense and goaltending.

This should be a decisive victory.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
From the EDM board today:

:thumbu:
"Bergevin is a genius, lol.

Remarkable how that trade has ended up. Weber is basically the same player still, currently on pace to have his best season ever. Subban is just a mess."

:thumbd:
"jebus the Habs are bad. Have we been relegated to the AHL. Looks like Gallagher, Weber and nameless friends.

The once proud habs haha"

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

:thumbu:
"Bergevin is a genius, lol.

Remarkable how that trade has ended up. Weber is basically the same player still, currently on pace to have his best season ever. Subban is just a mess."

"jebus the Habs are bad. Have we been relegated to the AHL. Looks like Gallagher, Weber and nameless friends.

I'm pretty sure we end up trading them Price in about 3 seasons and get a top 3 pick for the following 5 years.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

From the Habs Forum today, "ha ha":

RAqMfwX.jpg

George Lebay

Feb 17, 2012
Laval
Funny how the habs seem to be one of the most hated team on hfboards and at the same time having so many fans in places like Vancouver and Calgary.. not expecting that kind of treatment tonight in edmonton tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad