Pre-Game Talk: MTL @ EDM Saturday 21 Dec, 7 pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
I look forward to seeing how Danault will do against McDavid. Good thing Phil's a good skater.

Well, Clode doesn't get to decide anyway. McDavid could be sent down exploiting Suzuki's line, we don't know.

I hope Price knows he needs to be the x-factor to counter the shots McDavid and Draisaitl will squeeze through the D.

Reactions: 26Mats

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
There is apparently a chance that Mete will be good to go for tomorrow.

Edit: Never mind, he should be good for Monday, according to CJ:

I know some people say that its pointless to come back for 1 game before a break and to just take the extra time to recover, but I think he will benefit from getting a little action in and then taking the 5 days to see how his body responds and make any necessary adjustments.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
lets see what happens when this collection of AHL players face a half decent team.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
lets see what happens when this collection of AHL players face a half decent team.
Habs D facing McDavid and Dresaitl - it doesn't look good for the Habs D. I say Jordan Weal plays 40 minutes tomorrow, doubling up as a first pair D.

Reactions: Habs

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I do wonder how Sheahan, both Benning, P. Russell and Archibald will play versus Weber, Domi, Price and Gallagher.

Notice I didn't call the Oilers a 'good team' just a 'half decent'. They have enough issues over there that they never seem to deal with, like the Habs. Its the reason McLegend will never sign there when his contract is up, the Oilers have gaping holes from top to bottom with the obvious exceptions.

They need to shore up that awful blueline, and the goaltending is always suspect in Oilerland.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
We are 2 pts behind them with 2 games in hand.....

And Calgary is 1pt behind them in the standings with the same amount of games.....we already saw what we can do with teams of that caliber.

4 out of 4 points.....I’m not expecting to get 8 out of 8 on this west coast trip so something will give in eventually

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Notice I didn't call the Oilers a 'good team' just a 'half decent'. They have enough issues over there that they never seem to deal with, like the Habs. Its the reason McLegend will never sign there when his contract is up, the Oilers have gaping holes from top to bottom with the obvious exceptions.

They need to shore up that awful blueline, and the goaltending is always suspect in Oilerland.

Their bottom 6 is at best equal to our current one and is one of their main problem.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Well, Clode doesn't get to decide anyway. McDavid could be sent down exploiting Suzuki's line, we don't know.

I hope Price knows he needs to be the x-factor to counter the shots McDavid and Draisaitl will squeeze through the D.

Those are after the whistle/on faceoffs. On the fly Claude can decide. Off a faceoff, Claude can game plan to have centers get the puck deep and change with Danault, whenever McDavid is on.

Personally, I would shadow McDavid and Draisaitl - haven't seen it done since the Esa Tikanen days. And stay out of the box!

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
There is apparently a chance that Mete will be good to go for tomorrow.

Edit: Never mind, he should be good for Monday, according to CJ:

Really hope Kulak and Mete can get it together and hold down the 2nd and 3rd pairs. I don't want to mortgage the future while we await Romanov, Norlinder, Struble and Harris.

Hopefully we get another Chiarot this summer (unlikely). In the meantime it's up to Mete and Kulak. Reilly is not able to do the job.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Really hope Kulak and Mete can get it together and hold down the 2nd and 3rd pairs. I don't want to mortgage the future while we await Romanov, Norlinder, Struble and Harris.

Hopefully we get another Chiarot this summer (unlikely). In the meantime it's up to Mete and Kulak. Reilly is not able to do the job.
With Mete back after this game, look for Kulak or Reilly to dial in and have a good game. They'll want to stay in and Kulak has been all over the place, though better than Reilly IMO.

I think this game will test our D with McDavid ready to burn us. They need to focus on getting the puck away from him and not try to stop him from skating. Let him zip right past without the puck. That has to be the goal when playing against him.

Hopefully Carey and the PP continue to look great. GHG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->