Proposal: MTL - DET

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
What is your point? Glendening is still playing just as hard and pretty much the same level as then. Why is Nielsen brought into this? One player aging poorly/dropping off means every player hits the same thing?

It was just to situate how far in time it was. Using an example from 5 years ago to describe a players current ability isn't very convincing to me.

As for Glendening current play, I haven't paid much attention so I can't say.

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
FO wins in the d zone (especially in a tight playoff game) are really underrated on here. Lithuanian is where LGs value lies

like i said earlier, I peg him about a 3rd. But I wouldn’t be surprised with a 2nd if there a bidding war, or as low as a 4th if the TD market itself is soft. the people on here trying to dump a steaming pile of Byron on Detroit for Glen are keeping me entertained
Completely agree, I’d give kudos to Yzerman if he can get a second rounder but I realistically see a third rounder without taking a cap dump back.

Reactions: Steve Shutt

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
It was just to situate how far in time it was. Using an example from 5 years ago to describe a players current ability isn't very convincing to me.

As for Glendening current play, I haven't paid much attention so I can't say.

I wasn't so much saying what he currently is, more that it was being pointed out that he can't be a shutdown player, which I think on a contending team he could be, depending on the team, and who they already use in such a role.

Richard Menzel

Jan 23, 2019
Agree to disagree then. In our little fantasy world your offer is declined.
A 2nd for Glendening is not out of reach if its from a team competing for the cup because that spot will actually be like a 3rd rd pick. Either that or a 3rd + a B prospect??

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad