Claimed off Waivers: [MTL] Canadiens claim F Colin White off waivers from the Penguins

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
1708631588292.png

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
In the other thread I mentioned maybe Chicago will grab him

Montreal is close enough.

Listen he's a 4th liner that doesn't do a lot. If your team needs that then good on you. I'm very glad he won't be on the Penguins pay roll we have enough of these players.

Reactions: banks

First Line

There’s something about Marty
Aug 21, 2002
In the other thread I mentioned maybe Chicago will grab him

Montreal is close enough.

Listen he's a 4th liner that doesn't do a lot. If your team needs that then good on you. I'm very glad he won't be on the Penguins pay roll we have enough of these players.
As long as he doesn’t do a lot then he is exactly what the tank needs

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Kent Hughes just picked up his former client...

Hockeydb still has him at AAV of close to 5M for another full season. I kind of freaked out for a few minutes...

Chose

Loyal Habs fan
Aug 4, 2022
Montréal
Gignac's 300 000$ salary in the AHL will make sure he doesn't get claimed.
Hugues knew that when he signed him, like a week ago.
Laval needs him.
Great move !

Nobody cares that much about White and this NHL season's end. (Other than tanking)

Reactions: HabsQC

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
Hardly ever does a waiver wire pickup make an impact. But Colin White was truly horrendous as a Penguin. Dude would play <10 mins a night and still manage to be on the ice for 3 GA.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
My thoery is that the Habs create some depth. They claim a center (White) to consider offer for Evans... (or maybe Newhook who knews), then trade him for future assets and callback Gignac after. Then, we dont need a center. Gignac could help Laval until there.

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
strange?
perhaps the Habs are doing the Pens a solid for the golden goose trade…Jeff Petry. When we dumped Hoffman (+) and received Mike Matheson, Tanner Pearson a 2nd,3rd & (2) 4th picks……and counting, lol.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Gignac's 300 000$ salary in the AHL will make sure he doesn't get claimed.
Hugues knew that when he signed him, like a week ago.
Laval needs him.
Great move !

Nobody cares that much about White and this NHL season's end. (Other than tanking)
Does he even have to clear waivers at this point?

My thoery is that the Habs create some depth. They claim a center (White) to consider offer for Evans... (or maybe Newhook who knews), then trade him for future assets and callback Gignac after. Then, we dont need a center. Gignac could help Laval until there.
0% chance unless it's in a package deal for a better forward and that would be an offseason thing. He's looked really good at times both pre and post-injury but they'd be selling low on him

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
He might make it possible for Newhook to go back on the wing, which seems to be where management sees him in the long run.

Reactions: HabsAddict

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
They probably claimed him to get inside information on Pittsburgh’s gameplay tonight.
Not sure how much insight he would have, lol. He seems as confused as half the players and the majority of the fans.

"Yeah coach, insight on the Pens system. Sure, okay. Yeah...ummm...well they...ummm...they like to, well, ya know, break it out sometimes and from there it's just...*weird face gesture*...and I don't know. They'll send it high to the points all the time who...don't really do anything with it. Oh, there's Sid. Yeah, Sid's still good so we have to watch out for him. And then the PP is well...is ummm...and the, ya know, PK...it's ahhhhh. D-does that help, coach?"

• Haha
Reactions: bleuetbio

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad