Confirmed with Link: [MTL/BUF] Beaulieu to BUF for 3rd (Part II)

MaKi

Marschak's #1 Fan
Apr 13, 2007
Marschak's Bandwagon
Are you talking about the player with 6 seasons with a pace of 30+ goals (including one of 39 goals, one of 37 goals and one of 35 goals) and another season of a pace of 28 goals.

We are talking about consecutive seasons between 22 and 28 years old.
The same player who is 4th in goals since 2011-12 in the league (he should pass Pavelski next season and be in 3rd - already ahead of him in gpg and would be 5 goals ahead of him if they had played the same number of game).
Without a hairline fracture, he would probably have broke the 40 goals this season...

So you want the third best scorer of the last 7 year to be dealt.

I don't care if he is Mormon, Evangelical, Muslim, Orthodox, Atheist or anything else I want to keep him.

BTW since 1986, there is one player with more goals: Plekanec with 226 goals in 921 games while Patches has 209 goals in 562 games. So there is a big chance that he will be ahead of Plekanec next year in 359 games less.

Trade your best scorer for the last 7 years:shakehead

Personally I wouldn't mind moving him, but not just for the sake of it. All those things you listed are what makes him a valuable trade chip.
He's signed to a nice contract now, but I don't think we'll re-sign him for what he'll likely ask for, or at least I hope we don't. It would be better to try to move him now before we lose him for nothing when his contract is up. He's obviously still very valuable though, so the return would have to outweigh the benefit of keeping him until the end of his contract.

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
Are you talking about the player with 6 seasons with a pace of 30+ goals (including one of 39 goals, one of 37 goals and one of 35 goals) and another season of a pace of 28 goals.

The same player who is 4th in goals since 2011-12 in the league (he should pass Pavelski next season and be in 3rd - already ahead of him in gpg and would be 5 goals ahead of him if they had played the same number of game).
Without a hairline fracture, he would probably have broke the 40 goals this season...

I don't care if he is Mormon, Evangelical, Muslim, Orthodox, Atheist or anything else I want to keep him.

BTW since 1986, there is one player with more goals: Plekanec with 226 goals in 921 games while Patches has 209 goals in 562 games. So there is a big chance that he will be ahead of Plekanec next year in 359 games less.

Summed up my thoughts exactly. We are a team that desperately needs goals, why trade one of the only guys on the team who can score them?

Our offense will be sorely lacking if we trade him for a lackluster return, you can count on that.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014

There is a huge variable you don't take into account. What we would receive for him.

I would totally trade Pacioretty for a proven 1C.

I would swap him 1 for 1 for Nicklas Backstrom.

I would be ready to add Galchenyuk and swap them both for Tavares.

I would also swap him for Duchene in a 1 for 1 deal. (I know a lot of people would disagree here and that's ok.)

It's nothing against Pacioretty and it's huge ability to score goals. If Pacioretty was to be traded, it would really be the perfect timing.

2 years remaining at 4.5M. 28YO. In the middle of his prime. It's the best timing to trade him right now because his value will never be as high as it is right now.

Just imagine Pacioretty and Galchenyuk both score at least 1 goals in the our last six playoff games, do you think we have a game seven?? Do you think maybe we have a chance to play Ottawa in the second round, a team that we outplayed three games in the same week???

We where that close man, one ****ing goal from two of our three big offensive weapon.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
There is a huge variable you don't take into account. What we would receive for him.

I would also swap him for Duchene in a 1 for 1 deal. (I know a lot of people would disagree here and that's ok.)

It's nothing against Pacioretty and it's huge ability to score goals. If Pacioretty was to be traded, it would really be the perfect timing.

2 years remaining at 4.5M. 28YO. In the middle of his prime. It's the best timing to trade him right now because his value will never be as high as it is right now.

Just imagine Pacioretty and Galchenyuk both score at least 1 goals in the our last six playoff games, do you think we have a game seven?? Do you think maybe we have a chance to play Ottawa in the second round, a team that we outplayed three games in the same week???

We where that close man, one ****ing goal from two of our three big offensive weapon.

you mean like Habs had such a hard time vs NYR in reg. season I guess...

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016

Totally agree. 0 goals from the captain when the team needs him the most.

If we go back the last 3 series AG/Max/Pleks/Galley have 12 goals between them. Thats just not enough from the supposed core and leaders of this team.

There are other problem areas, but you need your leaders to step up come playoff time.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Totally agree. 0 goals from the captain when the team needs him the most.

If we go back the last 3 series AG/Max/Pleks/Galley have 12 goals between them. Thats just not enough from the supposed core and leaders of this team.

There are other problem areas, but you need your leaders to step up come playoff time.

Leader also needs a center to give him the puck
Sorry but danault cant do that job.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Getting back to Beaulieu his birthday video was his exit visa.
Bergevin has zero tolerance for total inebriation.
The old school was as bad if not worse but we didn't have the eyes on them back then.
Just how much crap was actually swept under the carpet?
Interestingly enough the Vets wouldn't allow the kids to partake until they earned their stripes. In this day and age many rookies just say pshaw. It takes a special player to accept guidance and it also takes good leadership to ensure it happens.
We need to look at our psych profiling before we pull the trigger we are missing out on some key components...

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Leader also needs a center to give him the puck
Sorry but danault cant do that job.

He needed someone to give him the puck when he was alone on a breakaway and totally choked? Come on , I like Pacioretty he is an excellent star winger during the season but in the playoffs he is almost a nuisance , a black hole of offense.

It's quite comical , you can tell that he cares , it's almost as if he gets in his head and can't execute when we need him the most.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
To put the Beaulieu trade to bed here's a commentary that Price made today:

Beaulieu ****ing sucks. Would I have liked to see more value? Sure, but we get a high 3rd and in this draft there could be some good players available. Beaulieu wanted a raise anyways, and probably would have been picked by Vegas.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
With the amount of trades coming up, who do we have left who was drafted by us ?

Has there ever been a legit cup contender or cup winning team that won with a majority of its core coming from trades ? The way this team is being built is broken.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
To put the Beaulieu trade to bed here's a commentary that Price made today:

It's about the Drouin trade, not the Beaulieu one. Sure you infer what you want from it about the Beaulieu trade, but it's not gonna put it to bed.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
It's about the Drouin trade, not the Beaulieu one. Sure you infer what you want from it about the Beaulieu trade, but it's not gonna put it to bed.

Well he pluralized "moves" and there's only been two moves.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
With the amount of trades coming up, who do we have left who was drafted by us ?

Has there ever been a legit cup contender or cup winning team that won with a majority of its core coming from trades ? The way this team is being built is broken.

Today's team isn't broken, but it's pipeline certainly is. The current roster is good enough to cobble together a strong season, and with a decent C good enough for a playoff run. That ain't broken. But unless a bunch of prospects surprise us, we won't have future talent on cheaper ELCs.

E82

Feb 3, 2015

Please, he is absolutely worthless in money time. I would rather have someone on the team who can chip 25 a year but brings scoring, intensity and leadership in the playoffs. You guys care way too ****ing much about regular season accolades. If the team is able to their best scorer in the playoffs since 2010 why shouldnt they trade their regular season goal scoring hero who doesnt score enough in the playoffs.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax

While I don't disagree, one benefit of being a rich/"have" team is being able to go the free agent route when a batch of draftees doesn't work out and you are forced to look at different options. The catch there is, the money must be well-spent in the meantime while you build the pool back up. That's why pro scouting can be just as important as amateur/junior scouting.

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement
Today's team isn't broken, but it's pipeline certainly is. The current roster is good enough to cobble together a strong season, and with a decent C good enough for a playoff run. That ain't broken. But unless a bunch of prospects surprise us, we won't have future talent on cheaper ELCs.

I'm hoping for a bounce back year for Sherbak, and a serious speed and stamina improvement for McCarron. Perhaps De la Rose can find a way to grind points more consistently, he'd be an ideal third / fourth line center. And if they deem Hudon NHL ready I hope they trade a 2nd or 3rd to keep him. On the radio I've heard that the Habs brass likes Juulsen I wouldn't be surprised if he gets some NHL games, and don't forget we have Lindgren in net, who is a tremendous prospect with no.1 upside. The sky isn't all black buddy.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Well he pluralized "moves" and there's only been two moves.

Do you really think Price would come out and tell the journalists MB is doing bad moves XD

Not going to happen unless MB trades AG for a 4th round pick and doesn't resign Markov and Radu and then sit on his hands. Even then i'm not sure Price would complain.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $10.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $40.00