Confirmed with Link: [MTL/BUF] Beaulieu to BUF for 3rd (Part II)

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Come on, I'm happy about the return (early 3rd rounder) now that I see how Beaulieu struggles... but he left that game with an injury and hasn't played since.

Is that a fact? I didn't know he left the game early on account of an injury. Thanks for clarifying.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He’ll be in Europe before you know it. Trust me.

"Trust me", "believe me", some other poster has already laid claim to those expressions. ;)

But yeah, he's not exactly impressing anyone so far.

Major victory for Bergevin. Schlemko is a better bottom pairing D than Beaulieu.

I don't see the connection. Schlemko was a separate deal. Didn't cost Bergevin much, so there's that.

I don't know what to make of the third rounder we got for Beaulieu. I always thought he might have fetched a 2nd rounder if traded earlier than this year, but since I'm just an outside observer, I don't know what transpired in Bergevin's dealings with other GMs.

There is no "major victory" when an organization dumps a player that it chose in the first round for a third rounder. It is what it is, time to move on.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Said it last year but few listened. Bealieau hit his ceiling. Same as Eller. Lots of people were thinking these 2 would suddenly start producing more than they did.

I was never a Beaulieu fan as a few around here will attest to but still find it hard to believe he's this bad. Was so frustrated with Eller that I was glad to see him traded.

He's just not that good of a player...

He can skate pretty good, but that's about it.

Said it at the time of the trade, we'll look back and be thankful we got anything for him by the time we traded him.

I never was a fan of Beaulieu since his Hamilton days but still he almost had 30 pts last year and now looks like he can't buy a pt. I mean I know it's the sabers but man did he fall apart.

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
I was never a Beaulieu fan as a few around here will attest to but still find it hard to believe he's this bad. Was so frustrated with Eller that I was glad to see him traded.

I never was a fan of Beaulieu since his Hamilton days but still he almost had 30 pts last year and now looks like he can't buy a pt. I mean I know it's the sabers but man did he fall apart.

Another one who had his best years under MT :laugh:

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I was one of the few that liked Beaulieu, although he did not have a good second half & was terrible in the playoffs last year. Still, he seemed like he could be a consistent 30 pt defenseman in the #5 slot & play on a second PP unit. A good depth guy.

He's been terrible for Buffalo. Is it just the different system or is he actually busting?

Too bad really. Clear instance of a player with a lot of tools (but not his shot which is terrible) & no tool box.

I had good hopes for the kid after his first year pro. Hopefully, he can resurrect his career if he moves on from Buffalo, who are really bad again this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad