GDT: MTL @ BUF - 7pm TV: NHLN/MSG+/SN1 Radio:WGR - Quest for .500

sabres4ever

Yes, have some!
Jun 5, 2006
Virginia
I always wonder how the **** no one in the building has ever thought of maybe upgrading from Matt Ellis as one of their primary assistant coaches
One of the real headshakers for me is that no one in the Buffalo sports media ever questions the effectiveness of the other coaches that I'm aware of - I imagine GMKA would say he has the utmost confidence in them all. Despite being crap on the PP, and would rather swing sticks at a scramble in front of our net, than send the player into orbit.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Except the season just before this current one. But who's counting.

Some of us have slightly higher standards than 19th best team in the league.

Not…you know...inside of the organization…but some of us

• Haha
Reactions: KiwiGriff

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019
“what are we gonna do?? Play rookies who can’t play defense? That’s why we kept Okposo!”

I was of this mind but am now fully convinced I’d absolutely rather have Kulich or Savoie out there. Or both!
Okpo has been garbage for years. People who couldn't admit it just had blinders on.

Reactions: Dietpepsi

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
Nah. The game turned on that PP shift where Tage basically killed Savard and we couldn't score.

I swear the air came out of the entire team all at once after that.....we looked lethargic AF after that.

Donnie/Kevyn have built some good vibes when things are going good...........but this team hasn't grown a whole lot mentally when the going is tough (and by going, I mean when they're not scoring at will).

Vibes aren't gonna matter much if Tuch and Power are completely lost, and Tage and Cozens are cold.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Got goalied. Sabres controlled most of the game, but credit where it's due... Allen played great.
He did but it was much more than just Allen.

The Sabres couldn't get to rebounds or loose pucks. They were surrounded every time they had the puck. They couldn't penetrate to the slot. The Habs had a skate, stick or body in every passing and shooting lane opportunity.

And Allen pulled a horse shoe out of his ass when ever something finally opened up.

Ya gotta look at the entire style of play especially when it's consistently reproduced.

Example: Gallagher should never had been allowed to wack at Comrie and score. Montreal didn't allow the Sabres that kind of opportunity.

I fear that Granato may have peaked.....

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Except the season just before this current one. But who's counting.

He came up with Adams running the HarborCenter concession stand. Some bonds are hard to break, blood in blood out.
His job is to win hockey games. If Kevin wants a friend he can go to a shelter and adopt a dog.

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
From what I saw. This looked like a young team(us) thinking they could skill their way past an easy opponent. They need to remember what made them good last year was the effort.

Hard work beats talent, unless talent works hard.

HOOats

NO DOOM NO GLOOM
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
His job is to win hockey games. If Kevin wants a friend he can go to a shelter and adopt a dog.
Hardo! Also, you're agreeing with my sarcastic shot at Adams. He's far from perfect and the corporate nepotism that I worried about with the Adams hire itself has manifested itself in other spots around the org.

Reactions: sabremike

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Hard work beats talent, unless talent works hard.

I wonder if they're reading their own press clippings too much and letting it get to their heads. They very much appear to be playing the same way the played last season, and it ain't working.

Yeah, they're a bit better defensively (especially on the PK)........but offensively it looks like only Greenway, Krebs, Girgensons and Okposo want to get to the front of the net. Maybe Mitts sometimes too. Everyone else wants to be like Tage and rip it from afar.

Reactions: kirby11 and Ralonzo

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Hard to believe everyone’s career years aren’t repeating themselves. Who could have seen it coming?

Reactions: kirby11

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
That's evident by the empty seats. What is new is the antipathy. People are starting to very much dislike them. And it happened in a couple of weeks.
Not winning enough, but scoring lots and fun was 22-23.

Not scoring or winning is currently 23-24. It was also 12-22.

We've all seen that episode.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Comrie didn’t have to do anything tonight, and he didn’t do enough.
Playing the Islanders and Habs back to back he couldn't have been put in a better position and he still shit the bed.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
In my 12 years here I have never seen a goalie have more excuses made for him than Eric f'n Comrie. It's actually hilarious.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad