GDT: MTL @ BUF - 7pm TV: NHLN/MSG+/SN1 Radio:WGR - Quest for .500

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
“what are we gonna do?? Play rookies who can’t play defense? That’s why we kept Okposo!”

I was of this mind but am now fully convinced I’d absolutely rather have Kulich or Savoie out there. Or both!

Reactions: BFLO

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Cheer up guys.

We get to travel to an Ottawa team that has been off for two days and play UPL tomorrow.

• Haha
Reactions: Willgamesh

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
This team needs a legitimate NHL quality coach and staff who have the chops to get it done in this league.

Simple as.

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
Gotta hope the luck gets on our side here. Allen stopping 36 isn’t sustainable for the Canadians, and us scoring 1 goal isn’t the average either.

Have to hope we continue to push

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
So Tuch and Power are deservedly getting criticized, but what's the alternative?

Bryson and one of Kulich/Rosen/Rousek/someone else?

For all our vaunted depth, I'm not seeing it.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Not really they got outplayed skater wise pretty heavily.
Nothing I observed is incorrect. Yes, the Sabres got out worked and out skated but They do not have a COMPRABLE DEFENSIVE SYSTEM to what Montreal has installed.

I've been a long standing fan of Granato but the defensive vacuum has existed far too long.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Could this week get any worse?
<Goes off to pour martini, out of gin>
<Le sigh>
<Switches to ESPN, Berman with Bills highlights>
kill-me-now-please.gif

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
“what are we gonna do?? Play rookies who can’t play defense? That’s why we kept Okposo!”

I was of this mind but am now fully convinced I’d absolutely rather have Kulich or Savoie out there. Or both!

I mean, we'd know why the GA was happening with Kulich out there since he is Skinner level defensively in Rochester right now. I'm having a hard time justifying spending time on them any longer.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Game turned on Comrie letting in the softie. Get a goalie.
Nah. The game turned on that PP shift where Tage basically killed Savard and we couldn't score.

I swear the air came out of the entire team all at once after that.....we looked lethargic AF after that.

Donnie/Kevyn have built some good vibes when things are going good...........but this team hasn't grown a whole lot mentally when the going is tough (and by going, I mean when they're not scoring at will).

HOOats

NO DOOM NO GLOOM
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Yeah, I heard ya. :)

Sabres haven’t been fun for over a decade and a half.
Except the season just before this current one. But who's counting.
I always wonder how the **** no one in the building has ever thought of maybe upgrading from Matt Ellis as one of their primary assistant coaches
He came up with Adams running the HarborCenter concession stand. Some bonds are hard to break, blood in blood out.

Reactions: Deep Blue Metallic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad