Confirmed Signing with Link: [MTL] Brendan Gallagher signs extension (6 years, $6.5M AAV)

Matt24

Apr 8, 2013
Seems about right. Definitely not a steal like TT but not an egregious overpayment like Anderson either.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Doubt his body will be able to hold up playing his style. Injuries are going to be an issue or he is going to stop going to areas that make him so valuable. I think they regret this in a few years.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Habs kind've put themselves in this position by signing Anderson to that dumbass contract. Felt like they could've got him for 5M and it's probably a year too long. Either way, this guy better not leave he's the heart and soul of the team. I guess this means Toffoli plays on the left side?

He signed for 3.9 five or six years ago. 5 millions was never happening, COVID or not, not after the seasons he's had.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
It means he’s also signing. Tatar will get dealt though. Maybe sooner than later but Bergevin will wait for some good pieces
Hmm: so there is enough money for him? Makes sense it is the end of Tatar given Anderson.

this deal will set the tone for a few players including Hoffman: does Hoffman reasonably think that’s he better? How costly is the one year time difference?

Matt24

Apr 8, 2013
I would agree that the biggest concern is his playing style may produce a lot of wear and tear when he gets into his 30s. Then again, Marchand hasn’t fallen off yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad