Speculation: MTL (Bergevin) looking for more Armia/Mason type deals

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Wonder what Montreal would want in exchange for grabbing Marleau off Toronto and buying him out?

TOR - Marleau + 2nd for MTL 5th-7th?
:facepalm: We wouldn't do that even if MTL 5th-7th were taking off the board.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
He’s on a +35 contract. There is no savings to buying him out. I imagine it would take more than exchange of 2nd and 5th round picks for Montreal to pick up that tab. Especially between hated division rivals

Some Leafs fans want to see Marleau get bought out by someone so they can re-sign him for cheaper. They don't see this as cap circumvention somehow :laugh:

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land

Thanks. I wonder which set of numbers are the correct ones or if either is? Reading the link you provided it said if Weber can't go in the final 1 or 2 years of his contract the Habs would likely place him on LTIR. If the Habs did that instead of Weber retiring the Preds would be a very happy team since the Habs would have done them a huge favor.

Really though I just can't see Weber playing the final 3 years of his contract for only 1 million a season in salary. Should be interesting to see how that contract and what happens to Weber plays out in the final 3 seasons.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Thanks. I wonder which set of numbers are the correct ones or if either is? Reading the link you provided it said if Weber can't go in the final 1 or 2 years of his contract the Habs would likely place him on LTIR. If the Habs did that instead of Weber retiring the Preds would be a very happy team since the Habs would have done them a huge favor.

Really though I just can't see Weber playing the final 3 years of his contract for only 1 million a season in salary. Should be interesting to see how that contract and what happens to Weber plays out in the final 3 seasons.
I think that maybe the Habs would force a deal with the Preds so Weber could than be placed on LTIR by them or maybe Web just retires.
Good thing about it is either sets of numbers are great for us and bad for the Preds. Webs contract doesn't hurt us at all.

Reactions: sheed36

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad