Proposal: MTL & ARIZONA

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
OEL has a full NMC and was only willing to waive for Boston or Vancouver. If he were to expand that to Montreal, then an extended Tatar, Chairot, and a 1st is quite a good offer. Having said that, I’d probably insist on Kaiden Guhle instead of that 1st. Otherwise I’d look to see if someone else could do better on an offer including a D prospect.

Last edited:
Reactions: Guitpik

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Habs could really use a real LD to play with Weber
Arizona couls use a top 6 LW +

MTL : Tatar (resigned 5mil x 5 ) + Chariot (replace OEL)+ 1rs 2021
For
Arizona : OEL
If I’m Arizona, I’m a hard pass on Tatar but I snag Danault, Mete and Caufield in this deal. Doesn’t matter if you resign Danault. It’s about getting younger.

if Habs have an expiring contract to add, by all means, but I put a zero value on it. It’s just filler.

Tatar at $5Mm for 5 years all in his 30s sounds like a nightmare contract. Woof. That’s the worst part of your proposal by far.

Reactions: ElPrimeTime

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
If I’m Arizona, I’m a hard pass on Tatar but I snag Danault, Mete and Caufield in this deal. Doesn’t matter if you resign Danault. It’s about getting younger.
How will the Habs work their cap issues?

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Add an expiring contract of your choice. It’s just filler to make the cap math work. Value of that to Arizona is 0.
Carey Price :snide:

Probably 1 of Chiarot/Edmundson (with OEL one of them becomes useless) + Byron.

Pierre Lebrun

Nov 3, 2014
Done. I'd throw in a Paul Byron sweetener as well and for cap purposes if needed (didn't check fully).

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Where are we going to fit a 8.25 million dollar defenseman? Under the bench? Is Weber going the other way?

Am I missing something on his scoring or is 8.25 million the going rate for 9 assists so far? Or 30 points in 66 games last year?

Oh wait, he's only 24...not.

I like a lot of defenseman, a lot of trades, a lot of free lunches.....but reality is that there is a cap and we don't have a prospect tree growing top grade prospects.

Reactions: Fenris

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Nobody touches that contract given how he has been performing, esp. with Covid and the flat cap situation...

It would mean that MTL would pay as of 2021-2022, 14m for goalkeepers, 26m for 4Ds (assume 3 ELCs, so 2.5m for your D core), which leaves 40m to sign 12/13 forwards not as if the forward group was so good as it is... But wait Gallagher is paid 6m+, Anderson 5.5, Drouin 5.5, Toffoli 4, Byron 3.4, Evans 0.8, so that only 15.5m remain for 6 forwards, incl. 1C, 2C, 3C, 1 LW, 3 LW, 4RW, good luck !

Reactions: HabsAddict

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI

if Habs have an expiring contract to add, by all means, but I put a zero value on it. It’s just filler.

Tatar at $5Mm for 5 years all in his 30s sounds like a nightmare contract. Woof. That’s the worst part of your proposal by far.
The Habs are not giving up Caufield in a package for OEL.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Habs could really use a real LD to play with Weber
Arizona couls use a top 6 LW +

MTL : Tatar (resigned 5mil x 5 ) + Chariot (replace OEL)+ 1rs 2021
For
Arizona : OEL
There is no way in hades I give a 31 year old a Tatar a 5 year deal. The North is playing no defense (other than the Leafs) and Tatar is trending in the wrong direction.

Reactions: Pertti

FinnishCoyote

Jan 3, 2017
Where are we going to fit a 8.25 million dollar defenseman? Under the bench? Is Weber going the other way?

Am I missing something on his scoring or is 8.25 million the going rate for 9 assists so far? Or 30 points in 66 games last year?

Oh wait, he's only 24...not.

I like a lot of defenseman, a lot of trades, a lot of free lunches.....but reality is that there is a cap and we don't have a prospect tree growing top grade prospects.

He's only played 12 games this year...

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Nobody touches that contract given how he has been performing, esp. with Covid and the flat cap situation...

It would mean that MTL would pay as of 2021-2022, 14m for goalkeepers, 26m for 4Ds (assume 3 ELCs, so 2.5m for your D core), which leaves 40m to sign 12/13 forwards not as if the forward group was so good as it is... But wait Gallagher is paid 6m+, Anderson 5.5, Drouin 5.5, Toffoli 4, Byron 3.4, Evans 0.8, so that only 15.5m remain for 6 forwards, incl. 1C, 2C, 3C, 1 LW, 3 LW, 4RW, good luck !

We are the Habs, they should be honoured to play for us for free......or not.

All these trades including Ekholm don't take us over the top. They just make us a little bit better while we sacrifice getting a lot better by developing players like Guhle and Caufield.

Given covid, given a hard cap, given a really good prospect pool, just stay the course.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

All these trades including Ekholm don't take us over the top. They just make us a little bit better while we sacrifice getting a lot better by developing players like Guhle and Caufield.

Given covid, given a hard cap, given a really good prospect pool, just stay the course.

Ekholm would definitely give us a great boost and a chance to beat the North. Whether we would go farther than the ECF is another question though.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Ekholm would definitely give us a great boost and a chance to beat the North. Whether we would go farther than the ECF is another question though.
And whatever assets it costs , most of them can be recovered next year if it doesn’t work out . He’d stabilize the whole backend .

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012

Nobody said guhle or caufield would have to be used .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad